Saying Goodbye To The Forum

Tyler

Well it looks like I'm out. Saying bye to all the cool people that I still talk to on here, I got most of you on facebook and other sites so HMU there. Take care.

Seriously, Tyler?

For those curious, read the Pres Debate thread in Serious Discussion. Just because you're a long time member doesn't mean you get to break the rules. Again, I expected more from you. Good luck in life.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

#ragequit?

Happens on my site all the time when someone breaks a rule and gets a warning/infraction on their account and they act like we stabbed them in the back.

Site staff do what they gotta do. I just banned a personal friend from my site bc he was a jackass, so I'm glad HF would do the same.

After looking into the thread, I can see why he got upset. This site is predominately democrat/Obama d-riders. This is why I stay out of all those political talks. But hey...Tyler injected himself into that situation and got upset. I did that once, saw how everyone was anti-anything against Obama, so I just ignored any future conversations about it. Too bad he learned the hard way.

[quote name='DrSmokes' timestamp='1349912228' post='558243']
After looking into the thread, I can see why he got upset. This site is predominately democrat/Obama d-riders. This is why I stay out of all those political talks. But hey...Tyler injected himself into that situation and got upset. I did that once, saw how everyone was anti-anything against Obama, so I just ignored any future conversations about it. Too bad he learned the hard way.
[/quote]

So you see nothing wrong with how he said "fuck you" to certain people on this forum?

Everyone can have any opinions or views on here, and express them as much as they wish to, as long as it's done civilly and with respect to other members. He failed to do so and got a [i]warning[/i]. I guess next time someone gets irate and disrespectful (breaking rule #1), I should pat them on the back...
  • Upvote 1

[/quote]Yeah, but you kinda missed the part about why he decided to leave.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1349914203' post='558244']
[/quote]

So you see nothing wrong with how he said "fuck you" to certain people on this forum?

Everyone can have any opinions or views on here, and express them as much as they wish to, as long as it's done civilly and with respect to other members. He failed to do so and got a [i]warning[/i]. I guess next time someone gets irate and disrespectful (breaking rule #1), I should pat them on the back...
[/quote]
No where did I say that I thought what he did was right or wrong. Idk what you did with the warning/infraction system, but I did see you give a verbal warning and then I saw him leave. I don't have the full story, I just know he joined in a conversation where it was a bunch of members + staff against him. It was a stupid move on his part and I can see his frustration. That's the [i]only[/i] point I was trying to make.

Oh okay, gotcha. But no one was against him. I can't speak for everyone on here, but I am always up for a healthy debate on politics on here. Some people just don't know how to take part in one. He could have made his point in a much better way that would not have resulted in a warning.

I italicized warning because it's not like I banned him for three days or something... which he could have very well gotten, and definitely would have, had he directed the comment towards one single person. So I don't understand why he got so upset. He should understand I've gotta do my job as moderator on here. So please don't think the italics were for you, haha. Just wanting to put emphasis on how he left over a warning, which I find to be kinda silly. Okay, very silly...

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1349928679' post='558256']
Oh okay, gotcha. But no one was against him. I can't speak for everyone on here, but I am always up for a healthy debate on politics on here. Some people just don't know how to take part in one. He could have made his point in a much better way that would not have resulted in a warning.

I italicized warning because it's not like I banned him for three days or something... which he could have very well gotten, and definitely would have, had he directed the comment towards one single person. So I don't understand why he got so upset. He should understand I've gotta do my job as moderator on here. So please don't think the italics were for you, haha. Just wanting to put emphasis on how he left over a warning, which I find to be kinda silly. Okay, very silly...
[/quote]
lol I didn't think the italics were for me...I use bold, italics, and underline to emphasize a point and I figured you were doing the same with the word "warning".

I try to avoid that area anymore since gaia got banned...i'll pop in occasionally but if I am outnumbered or I feel like made out to be an ass in someway for some of my twisted politics and beliefs, I quietly walk away instead of bouting off fuck yous to people that disagree or wont see things my way...number one rule, stay civil, thats my way of abiding to it

I've been outnumbered before, its a shitty feeling, but hey, be who you are and at the same time you dont have to be a dick. My coworkers are rather religious, various sects of Christianity, I am spiritually Pagan...I am outnumbered. Its tough, but I make do without being an asshole to them unless I have to(like crossing the line, which they love to do and I still manage to show restraint)

to each their own, but if you cant stand the heat, stay outta the fire

Me leaving the forum has absolutely nothing to do with the warning, I couldn't care less about that actually. As I said it's about the politics of this forum, a fact which is reiterated by the responses here by the mods themselves. First of all, if you think I was seriously saying "fuck you" directly to you then you seriously need to put on your big boy pants. I simply said in simple words what many people have said in longer drawn out respones. Secondly, I don't feel out numbered and even if I were I wouldn't care, it's not the first time or the last time it will ever happen. I've seen it numerous times on this forum where people are attacked behind closed doors, people are allowed to bend the rules to their liking, and people are lauded or punished depending on where they stand with certain moderators. I do not apologize for what I said, because it shows easily on this forum and in the general public the utter ignorance people have in terms of what is actually going on in their country and how things are working out.

There are a lot of people on this forum who I have the upmost respect for and who I disagree with, a lot. Rani is one of them. I rarely agree with her (maybe on a few points but rarely ever a whole post) but I think she is insanely intelligent and knows what she is talking about, most of the time. Scotsman is in the same boat, as well as Gramps, Hass, and so on. I have no problem with people who disagree with me, what I believe, and what I think. I do have a problem with those who simple post "I agree" and "I disagree" without any real reason...probably because most of those people don't understand the point being made.

But back to the original point, the leaving of the forum, again, had nothing to do with the warning, I could not care less about that, but until such "rules" are carried out in equal weight among the forum it's just not worth entering into any of the threads that might actually stand to provide any sort of information or differing viewpoint because the second you say something that strikes a nerve with a mod or someone else, you are immediately the enemy and are judges unfairly. That quickly makes most threads on this forum a deadzone and makes me, and many others, not want to even comment on them, which leads to dying discussion.

I will not bring up specific situations or bring up any old names but I've had 5 conversations in particular with older members who believe the exact same way, have the same issues, and who told me about their worries...even up to almost two years ago. I chose to ignore it because I thought they might have been misunderstanding what was going on but apparently I was blinded by my love of the fourm and the people.

I came back to make this one post to put to rest any misunderstanding and assumption making after a member let me know what was being posted on here. And who knows, I might even come back again, but probably not.

I thought you left?

If you feel I singled you out and treated you unfairly just because you disagreed with me in a political discussion, you are sorely mistaken my friend. And you didn't strike any nerves of mine.

If you don't mind, I'd like some elaboration on those other examples you mentioned. I can't recall a single situation where I or any other mod on this forum showed favoritism, as you're suggesting. Trust me, I'd have no part in the moderation staff here if it were that type of forum.

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
  • Upvote 1

I've never showed favoritism...if so michaellcp wouldn't be permanently banned or Gaia_plateau...hell we even banned a mod(delsol_si) I've given friends vacations for breaking the rules.

we've actually became less strict/more lenient in the past6-12months....if this was before then with what you said you would have gotten a three day vacation instead of a verbal warning.