Hookah Smokers With Asthma

Any one on the forum have any Asthma and still continues to smoke hookah? Or possibly has Asthma resulting from too much hookah smoke?

I was born with Athletic Asthma, and smoke probably a consistent 6-8 bowls a day, possibly more.

But the only side effects I ever really seem to have from smoking hookah is slight back pain from breathing in and out so much.

Any one with similar issues? If so please share :)

I have really really bad asthma Im in the top 3% of asthma patients. Smoking hookah really relaxes my lungs and I've never really had problems with it. I mostly smoke herbal shisha though

I have had really bad asthma growing up as a child, but it was only due to the fact that I didn't like the fact that I needed medication, so I would never take any medicine to help my lungs get stronger.

I thought smoking hookah would limit my running at the gym or less reps, but I can run longer and don't get out of breath as easy. I do use my inhaler occasionally when smoking hookah, but that is usually do to the smoking bowl after bowl after bowl haha.

Hopefully I out grow my asthma, we will see.

I have bad asthma and cant smoke ciggarettes or cigars, but I can smoke hookah like a champ

I get wheezing only in the morning time/when I wake up aka nocturnal asthma during end of august, september, and sometimes october. If it is mild in the morning I smoke no problem, but if it is a bad morning, I don't smoke because it makes my wheezing much worse. But that is just me, and it is usually only for 6-8 weeks or so in the fall months.

^ Do you ever wake up in the morning with hard coughing and having to use your inhaler? If so you should go get a steroid for your lungs and a anti inflammatory, I was having huge issues with waking up in the middle of the night, gasping for air until I started using my steroid :)

I have zero issues with smoking hookah as of now, currently I feel better running then before I smoked hookah regularly :)

I don't have asthma, but I've smoked with people that do. No issues at all. One of my friends was born with one lung, and has asthma in that lung. She doesn't smoke hookah, but she's been in the same room as I'm smoking with zero issues.

[quote name='Shiazo' timestamp='1345951365' post='555100']
Shiazo Eucalyptus Mint is made with real Mollen Leaf, Aloe Vera, and Vitamin E. These among other natural herbal ingredients make for a refreshing and soothingly smooth smoke.
[/quote]

Oh man, that sounds awesome... I gotta try it.

Sometimes I rub Vick's vapor rub on my chest, even when I'm breathing perfectly fine and am not sick or anything... :P

[quote name='hughe3jj' timestamp='1345868563' post='555022']
^ Do you ever wake up in the morning with hard coughing and having to use your inhaler? If so you should go get a steroid for your lungs and a anti inflammatory, I was having huge issues with waking up in the middle of the night, gasping for air until I started using my steroid :)

I have zero issues with smoking hookah as of now, currently I feel better running then before I smoked hookah regularly :)
[/quote]

I'd prefer to avoid steroids, long term use of them I'd rather avoid.

I take Singulair for like 4-5 weeks from end of August to end of Semptember/beginning of October and that is all. It does the trick and I only need to take it during that period as the rest of the year I deal with no allergies.

• 6 months later...

I was born with Asthma, and was hospitalized multiple times as a kid. Now, it only really affects me if I'm running or doing intense cardio. 

I don't smoke shisha every day, I would say I do 2-4 bowls a week, at most. Some weeks I don't smoke at all, but either way I have never had any issues.