Concerts

Coleman

Ok so some of us are very avid music fans so I thought why not start a thread where we talk about recent concerts we went to or want to go to. Tonight I went and saw cake and they were fucking amazing. All general admission so I got close as I could. [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/4b242d26-0216-8368.jpg[/IMG]

Did they play this song??? Fucking love it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__PU5CVSegg[/media]

Been a while since I've been to a concert, but I've seen Incubus once at the Pyramid back in the day when it was still a venue (Crow Left of the Murder tour), Flyleaf several times in random joints in Memphis, Sevendust at the New Daisy on Beale St., Paramore at Mud Island, and Skillet three times in Memphis, one show they played in the Wal-Mart there as an acoustic set to promote the Comatose album. There's others, but those are the most memorable.
  • Upvote 1

awesome! I love cake!!

I've gone to many a shows.. I don't even remember all the bands I've seen, but my first was Papa Roach. I've also seen Disturbed, Sevendust, Skindred, Incubus, Godsmack, Marcy's Playground, Chevelle, Staind, Adelita's Way.. and many many more..

That's where most of my money goes..

Wow, I must admit I'm jealous you saw Cake. I've been on quite a Cake listening spree lately. I've been to my fair share of concerts but I'll list my top 3 and why.

1) Gorillaz (Amazing collective of musicians, fantastic video displays, and my favorite band)
2) Del tha Funkee Homosapien (Need I say more? This man is my favorite rapper and just a legend. Got to hang with he and his manager, Bukue One, prior and after the show)
3) Radiohead (Great group, awesome effects on the screens (dangerous for epileptics), and they played a killer set)

I just went to warped tour. In the last month I've seen:

Warped Tour
rascall flatts
little big town
miranda lambert
chris young
avenged sevenfold
stevie nicks
mwran khoury
amr diab
eli young band

in the next few weeks ill be seeing:
train
slightly stoopid
pat benetar
kelly clarkson
the fray
rush
cee lo
gotye
keith urban
trans-siberian orchestra

the perks of having friends who works concert venues in cincinnati and lexington :)
  • Upvote 1

Just a heads up Tyler slightly stoopid in my opinion is a good show. Saw them with cypress hill two years ago and it was great. From now too October I am hoping to see
The offspring
Ben Harper (for the second time)
The shins
M83
The black keys

I shoul be able to afford them I just need to find people to go with. For the offspring I should be set and Ben Harper also.

So far I've seen:
Lamb of God (3 times)
As I Lay Dying (3 times)
Avenged Sevenfold
CKY
All That Remains
Devil Driver
Slipknot
Shadows Fall
The Bled
A Skylit Drive
Killswitch Engage
God Forbid
Children of Bodom
A Day to Remember (3 times)
Evergreen Terrace
Parkway Drive
Behemoth
Job for A Cowboy
Beneath the Massacre
Gojira
Enter Shikari
Trans Siberian Orchestra
Staind
Halestrom
Godsmack

I know there's prolly double this amount I can't think if... Edited by bruceg
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Coleman' timestamp='1344215279' post='553425']
Jess you lucky basterd I would kill to see the avett brothers
[/quote]

Yeah it was a really great setlist. Where are you seeing M83?

I cant even remember all the concerts i've gone to if i think long and hard i can remember but would take a while, but drugs are bad. just remember that kids. I cant wait to see when Ty chimes in on this topic :)

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1344215960' post='553426'][quote name='Coleman' timestamp='1344215279' post='553425']
Jess you lucky basterd I would kill to see the avett brothers
[/quote]

Yeah it was a really great setlist. Where are you seeing M83?[/quote]
They are playing a small venue here in San Diego called SOMA

so far two Warped tours (2011 and 2012) and among those iv seen ADTR, I set my friends on fire, Attack! Attack!, Blessthefall, Sleeping with Sirens, I Fight Dragons, Tonight Alive, Streetlight Manifesto and a ton of others (gotta love Warped Tour). I also went to one of two Q101 Jamborees (the first one in like 10 years in 2010), I have also seen Reel Big Fish and Streetlight together touring, and also my band Coheed and Cambria now like 3 or 4 times (and every single one of them was awesome as fuck). In the future i'm probably gunna go to Riot! fest here in chicago and see streetlight when they tour again.

Who i want to see are:
Rush
Paramore
New Years Day
and System of A Down (now that they are back) Edited by headhunter

[quote name='headhunter' timestamp='1344551389' post='553745']
so far two Warped tours (2011 and 2012) and among those iv seen ADTR, I set my friends on fire, Attack! Attack!, Blessthefall, Sleeping with Sirens, I Fight Dragons, Tonight Alive, Streetlight Manifesto and a ton of others (gotta love Warped Tour). I also went to one of two Q101 Jamborees (the first one in like 10 years in 2010), I have also seen Reel Big Fish and Streetlight together touring, and also my band Coheed and Cambria now like 3 or 4 times (and every single one of them was awesome as fuck). In the future i'm probably gunna go to Riot! fest here in chicago and see streetlight when they tour again.

Who i want to see are:
Rush
Paramore
New Years Day
and System of A Down (now that they are back)
[/quote]

I'd forgotten about the ska bands i've seen

My brothers band plays with Reel big fish and Streetlight once a year or so here in vegas, so I've seen both of them, as well as the aquabats, MU330, voodoo glow skulls, and many more i cant remember lol.

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1344584978' post='553777']
[quote name='headhunter' timestamp='1344551389' post='553745']

Who i want to see are:
Rush
Paramore
New Years Day
and System of A Down (now that they are back)
[/quote]

I'd forgotten about the ska bands i've seen

My brothers band plays with Reel big fish and Streetlight once a year or so here in vegas, so I've seen both of them, as well as the aquabats, MU330, voodoo glow skulls, and many more i cant remember lol.
[/quote]

you sir now have more of my respect lol what did you think of Streetlight?

streetlight is probably my favorite of all of them.. although voodoo was BADASS

the aquabats were funny, but musically i'm not that into them.

i mean.. big D is an awesome show too.. its hard to choose.. lol either big D and the kids table or streetlight is my favorite though, no doubt

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1344666777' post='553831']
streetlight is probably my favorite of all of them.. although voodoo was BADASS

the aquabats were funny, but musically i'm not that into them.

i mean.. big D is an awesome show too.. its hard to choose.. lol either big D and the kids table or streetlight is my favorite though, no doubt
[/quote]

id have to agree lol Big D is a pretty good show, but i think that streetlight manages to energize the mob better lol i mean i have been to hardcore bands (Blessthefall, I Set My Friends on Fire) and they dont even come close to what streetlight does. I mean at Warped this year the entire pit was a skank pit lol such an awesome time.

starting in the 80's....

Ratt opening for Bon Jovi.
Iron Maiden
Rush

90's and beyond
Pink floyd (minus waters)
Greatful dead
Kiss
yes (2x)
jethro Tull (2x)
skynyrd (2x)
Kansas
journey (new singer)
Moody Blues
Charlie Daniels
Nugent (2x)
Family Value Tour (Korn, Ramstein,orgy,ice cube, limp Biscut) (i spell those right?)
Blue oyster cult (2x)
Little feat (post Lowell) (2 or 3x)
Tool
Killswitch Engage (with Phil from all that remains singing)
Santana

and a bunch of other reborn and reconstituted 70's and 80's bands.

STILL wanna see Disturbed.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1344719980' post='553848']
starting in the 80's....

Ratt opening for Bon Jovi.
Iron Maiden
Rush

90's and beyond
Pink floyd (minus waters)
Greatful dead
Kiss
yes (2x)
jethro Tull (2x)
skynyrd (2x)
Kansas
journey (new singer)
Moody Blues
Charlie Daniels
Nugent (2x)
Family Value Tour (Korn, Ramstein,orgy,ice cube, limp Biscut) (i spell those right?)
Blue oyster cult (2x)
Little feat (post Lowell) (2 or 3x)
Tool
Killswitch Engage (with Phil from all that remains singing)
Santana

and a bunch of other reborn and reconstituted 70's and 80's bands.

[b]STILL wanna see Disturbed[/b].
[/quote]

they broke up a few months ago from what i heard.