Has Anyone Seen Or Heard Of Anyone Getting A Disease From Hookah?

Thats how I have lived. Loved every day, even the bad ones. I have been smoking shi sha for 14 years now. I cant watch a movie, or play a xbox or ps3 with out it. If it shortens my life, I can at least say I have had fun up until the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (shesha1 @ Feb 18 2009, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats how I have lived. Loved every day, even the bad ones. I have been smoking shi sha for 14 years now. I cant watch a movie, or play a xbox or ps3 with out it. If it shortens my life, I can at least say I have had fun up until the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w00t.

I agree, to each his/her own. It's my body I do what I want!

I don't know about you all though, I notice a dramatic decrease in lung capacity after smoking hookah on a regular basis. This is of no surprise because you are still smoking something. It does not matter if you are "slow roasting" it, its still hot enough to burn the tobacco and other carcinogens associated with it. As the boom of hookah smoking and hookah bars grows in the US so will the research associated with long term use.

People used to think cigs weren't bad for you... remember? It's easy to go online and find someone telling you what you want to hear, but remember if it seems too good to be true it probably is... If you enjoy it then live with the sacrifices and risk you bring upon yourself. Lord knows I'm not stopping anytime soon.

QUOTE (shesha1 @ Feb 17 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Stuie @ Feb 17 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (willa44 @ Feb 17 2009, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We've all seen and heard about people getting sick from cigarettes and dying. Why haven't we heard the same about hookah?

From which Anti Smoking Propaganda Group?

Post of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

In all seriousness though I had cancer last year, not lung or anything. I remember waking up from surgery, and I asked the Dr if I can smoke when I get home. I weas craving my hookah bad!

He looked at me werid and said "other than the fact that its a disgusting habit, and it will shorten your life. I dont see why not.

True Story.

I had cancer when I was 15, and when I woke up from surgery I couldn't speak at all. Whatever they give ya to put ya to sleep is some awesome stuff. I was like "Cancer? Pfff.. fuck it.."

I would assume you need to be careful with hose sharing, not in terms of HIV (which is contracted through blood, not saliva), but Herpes has show weird random cases of transference through moist / wet TOWELS, so a moist hose could pose a weird random transference.

I always wipe the hose off with my shirt or thumb (very clean, lolz).

Drunk people tend to forget tips.

I saw a girl at a party run a lighter over her metal-tipped hose between uses to "kill" germs biggrin.gif

we realized almost immediately starting the bowl that we needed to finish it in 15 minutes. so we did.

2 of us, standard egyptian bowl, two hoses. all the flavor was smoked out in 15 minutes. i got sick.

lol it was at a charity event (smoke for the cure) and we had kept the hookah running for 8 hours, then set up the bowl without realizing we were done and had to return all the equipment we were using.

it was fun though, and now i get to say that ive done it.

yeah we smoke for the cure to lung cancer. we sell candy ciggs and bubble gum cigars, and teachers give us money to put out real ciggs and some people give us money to smoke hookah, but anyone can come smoke really.

Anyone confirm anything on communicable diseases from hookah hoses? Thousands of nicotine / cancer related threads.

http://www.beebusy.org/ppt/std.ppt
"Herpes Simplex I is commonly seen around the mouth area, however it can spread all over the face. It can be spread through merely talking on the phone, as your face or mouth can touch mouthpiece on the receiver and the virus can be lying in wait, seeking a host. "

http://www.aad.org/public/publications/pam...es_simplex.html
ften referred to as fever blisters or cold sores, HSV Type 1 infections are tiny, clear, fluid-filled blisters that most often occur on the face. Less frequently, Type 1 infections can occur in the genital area. Type 1 may also develop in wounds on the skin.

There are two kinds of infections - primary and recurrent. Although most people get infected when exposed to the virus, only 10 percent will actually develop sores. The sores of a primary infection appear two to twenty days after contact with an infected person and can last from seven to ten days.

The number of blisters varies from one to a group of blisters. Before the blisters appear, the skin may itch, sting, burn, or tingle. The blisters can break as a result of minor injury, allowing the fluid inside the blisters to ooze and crust. Eventually, crusts fall off, leaving slightly red healing skin.

The sores from the primary infection heal completely and rarely leave a scar. However, the virus that caused the infection remains in the body. It moves to nerve cells where it remains in a resting state.

People may then have a recurrence either in the same location as the first infection or in a nearby site. The infection may recur every few weeks or not at all.

Recurrent infections tend to be mild. They can be set off by a variety of factors including fever, sun exposure, a menstrual period, trauma (including surgery), or nothing at all.

thoughts?

Thats funny that you say that, I have the stomach bug right now. I am gonna call my friend I smoked with the night before I got it and see if he has it. If he does I'm gonna kill him. Or kill myself actually because I should have used a tip.