Ball Bearing Stuck

I just recieved a new hookah setup and I naturally just tried it out, after about an hour i noticed I was having a great difficulty pulling through the hose, so I removed it and out puors a fountain of water. Somehow the pressure got the ball bearing stuck in the closed position and I don't really know how to get it unstuck. I tried to take off the metal inlet for the hose but it doesn't appear to screw on or off, though I admittedly didn't want to force it so much that i broke it. Any ideas on how to get it unstuck? It's a two hose stem but I'd still really like to use the other side too. Also any ideas why this happened so that it may be prevented in the future?

Thakns in advance.

This has been used before....

Heat it with a torch or even a lighter, the part it's stick in will expand slightly before the ball does and use something to pop it out with. It may fall out once the part it's stuck in expands.

We get this problem with the glyph at work. Total pain. I usually run it under some hot water and give it a go. Otherwise, find some of that tacky shelf liner and use that to get a better grip. Then make sure you clean the threads VERY well with some vinegar and lemon juice, maybe using an old toothbrush or green scrubby pad to make sure this doesn't happen again anytime soon. Edited by Allia22

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (arez @ Oct 18 2007, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just recieved a new hookah setup and I naturally just tried it out, after about an hour i noticed I was having a great difficulty pulling through the hose, so I removed it and out puors a fountain of water. Somehow the pressure got the ball bearing stuck in the closed position and I don't really know how to get it unstuck. I tried to take off the metal inlet for the hose but it doesn't appear to screw on or off, though I admittedly didn't want to force it so much that i broke it. Any ideas on how to get it unstuck? It's a two hose stem but I'd still really like to use the other side too. Also any ideas why this happened so that it may be prevented in the future?

Thakns in advance.

"Arez" I'm very sorry to hear about your issue with your new stem. We would love the opportunity to fix this issue to your satisfaction. Therefore please submit a support ticket here: https://www.hookahhub.com/support/user.php?goto=register (please ensure you register first. It takes 10 seconds or less). After you've created your ticket any and all further communication will be handled there. Once we receive your ticket we'll ship you out a brand new stem; at no cost to you, within 1-3 business days; excluding weekends and holidays. Again please except our apologies for this issue "Arez" and have a wonderful day!

It's pretty cool that you searched out the topic and helped him out with it. Reminds me of why this community is so helpful, and functional.
Considering he only made two posts though, I doubt this message will reach him. Edited by Geiseric

not to mention that the OP was almost 2 months ago, I'd say you guys were a little LATE.

Yeah, but they can't honestly be expected to constantly search for every post regarding them and provide support, as bulldog said, it should have been mentioned to them in the first place. I thought the fact that they said anything at all warranted recognition.

QUOTE (arez @ Oct 17 2007, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thakns in advance.

i had one that was rusted competely into the stem. what you have to do is unscrew the little thing that juts out that the cap thing screws on. these arent supposed to screw off but if you have to you have to. dont worry it will screw back on. but just take a metal rod and stick it in and push it out. then just screw the little piece back in.

• 3 years later...
alrighty ima bump this cause i went through 4 threads to find what size you use to replace pruge valves....

now

Question

Will the 6mm BB work for a mya autoseal hose adaptesr..chu kno the ones with the bearings inside them?

p.s. thanks arcane+incubus...i was about to make a new thread(even though there is a page worth of threads that have ball bearing in title only) i remember they recommended to use the search....man i bet that search button has not been touched in months :justkidding: Edited by king_lunchb0x

Wait a minute. Does this even make sense to you guys? Because it doesn't make any sense to me. I know this is old news but it's kind of bugging me. Let's review:

[quote name='arez' timestamp='1192657524' post='162514']
I was having a great difficulty pulling through the hose...I removed it and out [poured] a fountain of water
[/quote]

Ok, so he pulled a bunch of water into his hose, right? Is that what everyone else got from that?

Moving on...

Somehow the pressure got the ball bearing stuck in the closed position
[/quote]

The pressure from what? Obviously if he was getting water into his hose the bearing must have been at least a little bit open.

Based entirely on his description of this guy's problem, I'd say he probably had way too much water in his base maybe even up into the stem. That would explain the "fountain" from the hose and even the ports siezing up based on the the pressure exherted by the water.

That would be my diagnosis. Otherwise, it makes no sense to me. Someone school me here for "educational" purposes since I'm sure ol' Arez has long since moved on.

Sounds like the case.

Water level was too high, and gets water in the hose. Hookah sits after the session, and the autoseal gets locked up.

[quote name='ih303' timestamp='1292869864' post='491884']
Wait a minute. Does this even make sense to you guys? Because it doesn't make any sense to me. I know this is old news but it's kind of bugging me. Let's review:

I was having a great difficulty pulling through the hose...I removed it and out [poured] a fountain of water
[/quote]

Ok, so he pulled a bunch of water into his hose, right? Is that what everyone else got from that?

Moving on...

Somehow the pressure got the ball bearing stuck in the closed position
[/quote]

The pressure from what? Obviously if he was getting water into his hose the bearing must have been at least a little bit open.

Based entirely on his description of this guy's problem, I'd say he probably had way too much water in his base maybe even up into the stem. That would explain the "fountain" from the hose and even the ports siezing up based on the the pressure exherted by the water.

That would be my diagnosis. Otherwise, it makes no sense to me. Someone school me here for "educational" purposes since I'm sure ol' Arez has long since moved on.

[/quote]

[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1292872049' post='491887']
Sounds like the case.

Water level was too high, and gets water in the hose. Hookah sits after the session, and the autoseal gets locked up.
[/quote]

ya you guys a right on the money...but i just searched for an old forum instead of making a new one... i didn't really read all the Ops problem i just needed to know the size for the plastic bb that can replace in a auto-seal mya...does the 6mm work on mini mya's?