What's The Appeal Of E-Hookahs?

Just got some E-Hookah pens recently (Fantasia and Starbuzz) to try and test out. Going to be putting up some reviews/articles up on my hookah site about them as well, but was wondering what other members think of E-Hookahs? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out who exactly they're marketed for, maybe more towards the young college crowd? Also, does anyone know if there's any difference between the E-Hookahs and E-Cigs?

Just curious to what everyone thinks about E-Hookahs and if they are more of just a fad or actually have a place somewhere in the hookah market. Thanks!

They are one in the same. From what I've seen they are aimed for two crowds. The cigarette users trying to quit or the hookah users that want pure convenience. Not to mention the pros since currently you can do it in most public places and people don't mind it nearly as much as cigarettes.

It's a fad, a huge one!

Here in Wichita Falls, TX with 100K people we have had 10 retail stores open in the past 6 months...it's freaking crazy!

They are one in the same. From what I've seen they are aimed for two crowds. The cigarette users trying to quit or the hookah users that want pure convenience. Not to mention the pros since currently you can do it in most public places and people don't mind it nearly as much as cigarettes.

And here i thought it was meant for the Hipsters who wanted to look ironic while vaping next to "No Smoking" signs... 

Theres a brilliant extra tax about to happen in slovenia with the new year increasing tobacco tax even more. I might start vaping just cause Iwont be able to afford anything that contains tobaccy.

I agree with Mush. As the gov passes more and more restrictions, we will simply find ways to get around them. I don't see the restrictions on tobacco lightening up anytime soon, so I do believe vaping products are here to stay.

To answer your title question, instant gratification. 

To go a little more in depth, "e-hookahs" and "e-cigarettes" are all the same thing in the end: personal vaporizers. The PV market has exploded, however it started with blu and the like with "cig-a-likes" that everyone quickly began to call "e-cigarettes." The parts started out small but people quickly realized that the components could be enlarged and that there were in fact more ways that they could build one and produce the same effect. Now we've got mechanical mods, box mods, VV/VW devices along with a whole slew of coil types, they just carried the "e-cigarette" name.

They're all doing the same thing, just in different form factors and different titles. 

Clayton described it to a "T"

I've really started to enjoy vaping as a hobby now that I've got a mechanical mod and a rebuildable dripping atomizer. Once you get into it it's just as, if not more, immersive as hookah is. The flavors are generally SPOT on. And with literally hundreds of brands each with different flavor specialties and custom mixes, etc. The limits are invisible right now.

Clayton described it to a "T"

I've really started to enjoy vaping as a hobby now that I've got a mechanical mod and a rebuildable dripping atomizer. Once you get into it it's just as, if not more, immersive as hookah is. The flavors are generally SPOT on. And with literally hundreds of brands each with different flavor specialties and custom mixes, etc. The limits are invisible right now.

Man, I need to learn more about these mechanical mods, dripping atomizers, and whatnot. I want to learn more, but it's so overwhelming. Makes me want to be lazy and just buy an ego-c twist for $20 and call it a day. But I know the mod stuff would be soooo much better.

yeah, the mod stuff really is better, But honestly, i always recommend people start with something like the ego's to see if they even like it. The throat hit smooths out a lot (almost nonexistant) on a dripper of those tanks that'll come in a kit, but you can still see if you enjoy the flavors. I'd suggest sticking to 6mg nicotine and lower though, Anything higher is a bit much unless you come from a cig background

Hey thanks everyone for your input! I posted the article on my site Hookah Database if you'd like to take a look (link below). Also, I've been noticing that many states/cities are now beginning to take action against e-cigs/e-hookahs and extending smoking bans to include these new products. Not good news if your a new business getting into this market.

E-Hookah Pens

With e-hookahs, they're a portable way to take a hookah into a bar or club setting. I've asked around bars to see if I could bring a hookah; they always say no because of the burning coals dropping and burning stuff.

With a e-hookah, you get the smoke and flavor. Not so much with the buzz, but no burning coal.