How Often Do You Hit

Depends, if Im looking for a buzz I do a few hits back to back, if Im with people maybe 1 every min or so. If Im reading a book or relaxing I hit every not and then depending on the buzz and how much flavor Im getting.

Yeah I puff on it with reckless abandon for as long as it's going. During college football season, I take hits between plays because my smoke completely blocks my ability to see beyond my face for about 5-10 seconds.

I tend to smoke with a pause every 5 seconds or so but it really does depend on the shisha you are smoking. For instance if I am smoking Nakhla Double Apple maybe I will pause for a little longer especially if I have not smoked Nakhla in quite some time.

QUOTE (Codename067 @ Sep 1 2008, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, some very unexpected answers.

I smoke for a good 10 mins, back to back puffs, when with friends..no stop-age..2-3 seconds between each hit.

Pretty much what Codename said. May vary from time to time.

If your shisha is burning then its a heat management issue.

if I have a heat management issue I'm open to suggestions. am I just not moving the coals around enough? packed too close to the foil?

I generally pack a bowl upto just about the rim, put the foil on, poke a bunch of little holes with a pushpin and then plop the coals towards the outside of the bowl. I notice that when I put the coal on I hear a sizzling sound. does that mean the bowl is too full?

i have recently gone to three coals on my egyptian clay bowl because I wasn't getting much smoke otherwise. the problem is a few good pulls and I can taste the unmistakable flavor of over heated shisha, and when I puff a little bit of smoke comes out the top of the bowl.

I see some diagrams on here were people are using upto 4 coals at once.

I'm also using coconaras if that helps.