What Ethnic Background...

Perrj99

This subject was brought up a little bit in another topic, so I figured I'd ask...What ethnic background is your ancestry of?

Myself, I am Italian (Sicilia and Molise), German (Bayern [Bavaria]) and Portuguese (Regio Norte).

I'm a bit of a mutt. cool.gif

Also, sadly...no hookah-smoking tradition within my ancestry. mellow.gif

Oh P.S. Can one of the wonderful mods move this to "General Chit Chat"? Didn't realize I put it in "Serious Discussion"... Edited by Perrj99

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy my family history I'm still in progress of translating a little boo of family history I have. It's all in German which I understand but it uses a lot of words and forms of words no longer around!

Anyways I am German (Not sure of the exact town, mostly small farm towns) in which my mother parents lived there and had dirt floors in their home until the came to the US in the mid 30's early 40's. They escaped the Nazi's by fleeing to Hungary before they came here. My grandfather has awesome stories about bribing Russian border patrol to go work in Russia, he said Vodka worked like a charm until he ran out and tried water!

My other half is Czeckloslovkian before it broke up. My family on my dads side originated there in the small and now poor town (post WW2) of Bratislava.

1/2 Egyptian on my dad's side from Alexandria, 1/2 English from my mum, i am told by the elders of the family that my family name originates from Lebanon and i also have some turkish on my dad's mum's side

haha well I am a mix of German, Italian, English, French, Irish, Scottish, Swedish..
and probly anything else european lol
i guess that makes a blonde, blue eyed kid?

when i asked my mom what i was, she said she doesnt know who did who. =P

wish hookah was in my ancestry. =/

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Jan 29 2008, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn, I never meet anyone with Lithuanian blood...

Try Lithuania yet? tongue.gif