Just Saw Roommate's Hookah

My roommate has a lot of parties in the basement and some nights they smoke while they are drinking. I normally don't go down there so it has been awhile since I have seen his hookah. I walked into the kitchen this afternoon to make breakfast. It is in such bad condition.

The first thing that I noticed is the the rope around the hoses was coming unraveled.

The other hoses are just as bad. One being held together by duck tape.

This just pisses me off... Yes that is a cig shoved in the hose.

I took off the wind screen... I was afraid to lift off the coal screen

The water is black.... I dont know what is in there and I'm not sure I want to know

This would not piss me off as much if it was his hookah. It was purchased by one of our friends and left in our house. If that wasnt bad enough the reason he left it in our house is because he is currently in Egypt serving for the US National Guard.

The base has been replaced once because on of the f*** in the basement knocked it over. The hoses need to be replaced but he probably wont happen until all 3 fall apart.

Now that I've thought about this more I'm even more pissed. My roommate (Erik) has no respect for anyone. It pisses me off when I come home after working 9 hrs and the 4 parking spots behind the house are taken by his drunk friends. So I either have to go downstairs and threaten towing, or park on the street (its not that far of a walk but I'm not paying rent to park on the street when we have private parking behind the house). The condition of the hookah takes this to an entire new level. Its not like the hookah was just ditched at the house, it was left in Erik's care. It was left so the owner could leave and fight for our freedoms in the US. /rant

wow ok... sorry for the rant but im really pissed at him now....

Man, that's just really sad to see.

The hoses are rusted out too, wonder how they can smoke out of it.

Goes to show, if you can't take care of your hookah, how are you expected to take care of anything else? Shows a lack of respect!

That ... is nasty! If any of my friends did anything like that .. I dont know what i'd do but it would be bad!

The look of that water makes my stomach turn.. *barf* wacko.gif

That's absolutely horrible... Look at it this way though: I'm sure they'll all die an early death from whatever fatal diseases are inevitably growing in that base. tongue.gif

I can hardly stand smoking more than two consecutive bowls without changing out my hookah's water and giving it a decent cleaning, so I don't understand how people can go weeks without doing any of that. Edited by peterjmag

ugh...i can understand the hoses being ratty...it happens, and when you don't have the money to replace them you just gotta make due, but jesus, clean that thing once in a while. i don't even want to see the color of the water that would come out of the stem after a thorough cleaning.

sounds like he needs to drink the base and then be beaten over the head with it.

To take that bad care of someone else's hookah....that's so wrong on so many levels I want to scream!!!!

that pisses me off too man. I've had room mates that didn't care about shit like that. Left uneaten food on the stove for days (indian food at that) his room had such a stink to it anytime he opened the door you got whiff. He shed in the bathroom like no other and didn't clean up, even kept all my dishes in his room b/c he didn't have any.

But Now if he disrespected a hookah like that, I'd whip him with car antenna.

QUOTE (click @ May 27 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can they smoke out of that bowl!

Ah man, I'm sorry you have to deal w/ people like that on a day to day basis. Rusted tray, nasty hoses, nasty base, ahh, wonder the last time the stem was cleaned. It's ok though, like said previously in this post, they will die young and get pneumonia and bronchitis from the nasty bacteria in the water.

Good luck with your roommate and his friends.

QUOTE (leadpipecinch21 @ May 27 2008, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ugh...i can understand the hoses being ratty...it happens, and when you don't have the money to replace them you just gotta make due, but jesus, clean that thing once in a while. i don't even want to see the color of the water that would come out of the stem after a thorough cleaning.

+ lots for that! I clean mine every time I use my Hookah.

That is upsetting. I am making a report to HPS (Hookah Protection Services). This shite can't go on no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously. Who on earth would treat their hookah like that? I'm baffled by how trashed and mistreated that hookah is?

i hate roommates.
i came home to an empty house one day and thought it was great, i was all "alright, some peace an-OHMYEFFINGODTHATSONOFetc, etc,etc. seems someone didn't understand that if you're dumb enough to drop your roomates hookah off the kitchen counter and onto the tile floor you should at least have the decency to pick up the broken glass before he steps on it and screams out "OHMYEFFINGODTHATSONOFetc,etc,etc.
to top it all off, he made some sort of strawberry daquiri in the blender, put it in the vase, dropped entire assembled hookah didn't clean the blender... list goes on

i hate roommates.

QUOTE (leadpipecinch21 @ May 27 2008, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the black water was probably soda or some sort of juice, to be fair. that water would have to be in there for a very very long time to get black...still doesn't make it right though.

Well, that bowl screen is incredibly rusted so I'd say its possible. It's just not right to treat a hookah like that. Defiled and torn apart... This will not stand.

damn i would be pissed if i came home to see my hookah in such horrible condition. well you should make your friend buy a new hookah for you friend. because no matter how much you clean that, the smoke probably will never be the same.

Bloody hell mate, the only thing that hookah is suitable now is to shove up your bastard of a roomate's ass.
On second thought no, he might like that.

mellow.gif