Just Saw Roommate's Hookah

QUOTE (Canon @ May 27 2008, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
id let them get their own. with water that black id start offering to pack them bowls.

Hahaha yeah, that'd gotta do something strange to you... Maybe they'll turn a different color or develop other strange mutations?

But in all seriousness, how the hell does that happen? My friends and I have smoked a very similar 3-hoser almost exclusively, many times a week, for over a year... clean it out now and then but nothing serious, and it's nowhere near that bad. The hoses just got replaced a few weeks back, but that's b/c of normal rust, as they weren't washable. They didn't look anything like that, though. That one looks like it's been through all the Mad Max movies, and contracted some sort of deadly virus. unsure.gif

UPDATE:
So I saw Erik (my roommate) today, so I asked him what the h*** happened to the hookah. He said that the other people in the basement were using it when he was not there, and were not taking care of it. I asked him about the cigarette in the hose and he didn't have an answer.

He said that he was going to be away until Saturday or Sunday (he just had surgery, and tomorrow he has meetings for his recent DWI), so he asked if I could clean it for him and bring it into my room so it doesn't get abused. I said I'd think about it, he added that he would give me $10, a case of beer, OR a box of shisha.

While I do want to clean it, I think that its beyond that point. He knows that he is going to have to replace the hoses. I just really don't want to touch it.

I would never EVER leave my hookah in the basement, even for a second... When we used to smoke down there I made sure that if I had to do something my girlfriend was down there and was watching it.

I recently sold my old hookah to some people in the basement, I needed money. I think I am going to venture downstairs and see what condition that is in.

Will

I think you're gonna need a hazmat suit in order to get close enough to clean that hookah. Or maybe a radiation suit like in Back to the Future

Honestly I would make him pay you and pay for the restoration. Scrap the hose and make him buy a new one and anything else that needs replacing. Then place it where no one can get it.

wow, i couldnt live with people like that. if i was you, i would drop communication with that guy and all his friends. people like that will take you to nowhere land with em. the quicker they leave the better. Edited by KipMaslonka

It looks like somebody put pop (or soda, for you non-upstate NYers out there) in the base. I'm also going to guess that the tobacco was burned directly without coals.

Too bad. It would be a sad day if I found my hookah like that. All those years of anger management would go right out the window! angry.gif