Is This A Male-only Pursuit? Are There Any Women Who Enjoy Hookah?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, this thread is old.

Nowadays, it seems like the ratio of male to female smokers is closer to 50-50. Maybe that's just around here. Not so sure.

Speaking on a personal level, I have my own hookah (still trying to come up with a name for it...tongue.gif), and stalk this forum in excess to learn all I can about it. Haha.

On the other hand, I've discovered that I HATE solo sessions, and haven't busted out the hookah in about a month because it's just not worth it to me to smoke alone. I've talked with a few of my friends about it, and the girls for the most part seem to agree that hookah isn't really a pursuit any of them are interested in if they're by themselves.

It's definately a growing interest overall among both genders, at least in the local areas I have frequented.

This particular forum seems to have some pretty diehard hookah nuts on it. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. I've seen some other forums where the people seem to be...more ignorant, or at the very least, less willing to expand their knowledge on the subject. On the particular website I'm thinking of, I also happened to notice there are a lot more girls lurking around. I don't know, nor am I implying there is any correlation between the ratio of men and women and the information to be found on the websites...just a personal opinion based on a personal observation. Edited by natgnat

QUOTE (cemab4y @ Apr 11 2007, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Disclaimer- I am already married,and not on the prowl.)

I am interested. Are there any women who enjoy the Hookah? I have been scrolling through the posts, and I have not yet found any Distaff smokers yet. Is this a male-only pursuit? Do any of your wives participate? (Mine does not smoke Hookah, yet, only cigarettes).

I love smoking shisha, hookah, what ever u want to call it. Its very enjoyable and relaxing. Actually my husband and I and my daughters smoke together. Its great for spending time with your teens. My daughters friends enjoy it also with there parents permission of course. FYI I don't smoke cigarettes. I love the all the flavors of the hooka. I went to Egypt on vacation and that is where I discovered shisha. ITS GREAT

Im a 21 year old chick and I have been smoking hookah for a little over 2 years, and it was one of my girlfriends that introduced me to it.

When I smoke with my friends who have one, I usually do everything I can to help, and they say I can pack a bowl better than one of their friends who has been smoking a while and has their own hookah, and I dont have one yet.

Very anxious and ready to get my first one so I can smoke when I want and then hopefully I will quit cigs all together and just smoke with the hookah all the time instead.

My girlfriend and I always used to smoke hookah together. She would still if She wasnt Pregnant but only a month more of that and then she is going to start up again with me.

I also hate smoking alone. The social aspect of hookah is what i really like. you can just sit back relax and smoke with a few friends. makes things alot more fun than just sitting somewere talking to them with nothing else to do. i smoke alone every once in awhile but its usually if i have had a hard day and i cant get ahold of anyone else.

I know of plenty of women who love to smoke hookah, some know how to setup their own hookahs. However I will agree with what was said before i this post if you have read it from the beginning: Many many women love to smoke hookah they just never set it up. O well thats cool cuz I like to set up my own hookah.

I am a female who LOVESSS smoking hookah and have many girlfriends who like to as well.. I have been smoking hookah for many years but never got so into it until the past year or so thanks to my boy whos acutally a member on here haha, and now he's gotten me addicted to this site wink.gif but we both have so much knowlege now about smoking and I am always in the mood for a good session !!!! Edited by MagicalHookah

QUOTE (MagicalHookah @ Oct 17 2008, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am a female who LOVESSS smoking hookah and have many girlfriends who like to as well.. I have been smoking hookah for many years but never got so into it until the past year or so thanks to my boy whos acutally a member on here haha, and now he's gotten me addicted to this site wink.gif but we both have so much knowlege now about smoking and I am always in the mood for a good session !!!!

Holy crap you are a girl? well then guess who's phunnel will be packed with love?

It seems to me that there are just about as many girls that smoke as there are guys, if not more. It's usually pretty even at my local hookah bar.

I have a close friend that blows better smoke rings than anybody else I know, and she's a girl.

However, I'm sure that the majority of this forum's members are guys, because that's just how forums are... Edited by peterjmag

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 17 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MagicalHookah @ Oct 17 2008, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am a female who LOVESSS smoking hookah and have many girlfriends who like to as well.. I have been smoking hookah for many years but never got so into it until the past year or so thanks to my boy whos acutally a member on here haha, and now he's gotten me addicted to this site wink.gif but we both have so much knowlege now about smoking and I am always in the mood for a good session !!!!

Holy crap you are a girl? well then guess who's phunnel will be packed with love?

LOL that I am..... so I will be eager to receive my bowl filled with love laugh.gif

I love smoking shisha, hookah, what ever u want to call it. Its very enjoyable and relaxing. Actually my husband and I and my daughters smoke together. Its great for spending time with your teens. My daughters friends enjoy it also with there parents permission of course. FYI I don't smoke cigarettes. I love the all the flavors of the hooka. I went to Egypt on vacation and that is where I discovered shisha. ITS GREAT
[/quote]

How very interesting!! I never heard of bonding with your teens over a bowl of double apple. I guess the "family that smokes together, jokes together"! I knew about Hookahs for many years, but I never smoked, nor owned one, until I went to live in Saudi Arabia in 1997. I worked in Iraq in 2008, and I smoked after work with my Iraqi co-workers. I am working in Afghanistan now, and I am going to get back into smoking.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (cemab4y @ Apr 11 2007, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Disclaimer- I am already married,and not on the prowl.)

I am interested. Are there any women who enjoy the Hookah? I have been scrolling through the posts, and I have not yet found any Distaff smokers yet. Is this a male-only pursuit? Do any of your wives participate? (Mine does not smoke Hookah, yet, only cigarettes).

Well... I'm a lady and love hookah. Granted a man introduced me and I've never smoked with anyone but guys and more guys. Expect when at work at a local hookah lounge but even though women were more like men. haha. Me and the ex would smoke hookah together all the time! It was fun.

QUOTE (Codename067 @ Nov 3 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (UltraGoth @ Nov 3 2008, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am female, grandmother of 7. After 31 years of cigarettes and cigars, I took a single draw from a hookah and have smoked nothing else since.

*Respect

Respect +1000, Hookah destroys cigs on so many levels.

...Wish my Grandma smoked hookah. haha