Hookah In Movies, TV, and Video Games

cemab4y

Anthony Bourdain's "No reservations" Egypt episode

He chill's at a cafe in Cairo drinking tea and smoking a bowl while a bunch of old guy's play chess and Backgammon. COuldnt tell what type of hookah he was smoking but,, I'm pretty sure it was an egyptian,, just a guess though..wink.gif

QUOTE (ammoura1 @ Jul 11 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new Sacha Baron Cohen movie, "Bruno", he is puffing somewhere in Palestine.

Is it bad that the first thing I did when I saw that was thnk o myself, "I need to post that on hookahforum" haha I'm pathetic.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (fifthmanstanding @ Jul 18 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
watching a Muslim propagandist movie for a history class called The Message
the head of Mecca's traders has a huge syrian in his main room, that thing had to be at least 5 feet tall

Muslim propagandist movie? really? just because they don't show them as terrorists or cab drivers its a propagandist movie?

QUOTE (supersubby @ Sep 4 2009, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (fifthmanstanding @ Jul 18 2009, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
watching a Muslim propagandist movie for a history class called The Message
the head of Mecca's traders has a huge syrian in his main room, that thing had to be at least 5 feet tall

Muslim propagandist movie? really? just because they don't show them as terrorists or cab drivers its a propagandist movie?

Lol, I think a lot of people don't know what "propaganda" means tongue.gif

Propaganda does not mean "untrue". It does not mean "bad". Propaganda simply means that it agitates for a cause, or belief. This means that every single speech made by politicians (if they're agitating for a political cause, that is) is propaganda. I don't understand why people always get offended when someone points out that something is propaganda. Most of us propagandize daily.

The Passion of Christ is also propaganda.

That has nothing to do with the way it portrays Muslims. Watch anything by Abbas Kiarostami og Mohsen Makhmalbaf to see fantastic movies that does not portray Muslims stereotypical (and does not qualify for propaganda).

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Capt. Morgan @ Sep 18 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was a large brass hookah with a tombiek bowl and a handheld hookah in SLC Punk. Sadly I don't think they were being used in the proper manner.

OH MY GOSH I Haven't seen that in forever. Gonna blow the dust off the DVD and watch it tonight!

QUOTE (fcbayern @ Sep 4 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MTV's the Real World Cancun. When Jasmin and Aiiya go to the Hookah bar and aiiya tells Jasmin she had a 3 way with One of the other roomates.

Yes I watch the show (every episode) its on my DVR.. SO WHAT!

Yeah, me too, dude... but because of my girlfriend, lol.

She called me while I was at work... "Chris, they're at a hookah bar on the Real World!" I watched it on the DVR when I got home that night...

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (ivana @ Oct 1 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Alice in Wonderland coming out with johnny depp as the mad matter. wonder if caterpillar will have one. sure he will, how could he not?

I believe that's gonna be loosely based on American McGee's Alice.. which is a gothic, evil, awesome version of Alice in Wonderland.. I love that game. It's sooooo messed up.. too bad they couldn't redo it on today's shooter engines. The Doom 3 version of Alice.. lol..