First Time Hookah

in some ways. bigger hookahs just look more awesome and usually smoke better becuase the water tends to stay cooler longer but usually comes down to personal preference i always loved medium to large pipes most 27-33" is my sweet spot. many people like huge hookahs over 36" but i think anything from 26-32" is perfect. 12-16: is too small and anything over 33" is a little big for my tatse but you should get what you think is best. see i like medium to large hookahs because they smoke good and aren't a bitch to clean like the extra large hookahs. heres something to look at 5 star is a very good site for hookahs and tobacco for the most part! good luck 

http://5starhookah.com/Syrian-Hookah_c42.htm?page=all

get a km or mya good first hookahs there, the price isn't horrible and they will last for ever. 

www.5starhookah.com has a good amount of KM's and for myas im not really sure. but still go go!! good luck man let us know what you end up getting

Really depends on budget and personal preference. I think a small Mya like a bambino is a good starting point, but it might be something you would want to upgrade down the line. I have one I do not use as a daily smoke, but it comes in handy for travel.

Looks like a cross between an Egyptian and Chinese pipe. If you like it though you should get it. 

as a first hookah it looks decent....then when u get more knowledge and practice u can look to upgrade. is it hard to get hold of good pipes in Europe?

yes. not too hard to get elmas after hassount got me in contact with nargilestore, ridiculously hard to get KMs considering our only importer for this stuff is egyptian, all you can get from him is a generic egyptian pipe (not bad) or a chinese knockoff (shit). Other things you can get are random myas that occasionally drip in, alladins and random cheap crap :P