The Definitive Music For Smoking Hookah Thread!

Vangeloff

what kind of music do you listen when ever you are in a smoking session???

I personally like listening Buddha Bar music and Chill out but lately I have been listening some Bossa Nova

Some albums I recommend
[list][*]Floyd A Chillout Experience[*]Bossa N' Marley[*]Bossa N' Stones[*]Bossa N' Roses[*]Jazz and 90's[*]Jazz and 80's[*]Jazz and 70's[*]In the name of love a Chillout Experience[/list]
any suggestion for new music???

For me it all depends on what kind of mood I want to take it to...

Sometime’s I’ll throw on some middle eastern music for a more authentic hookah lounge feel or some smooth jazz but the ultimate in cool hookah music (other than Buddah Bar) is anything by Thievery Corporation....try it out. Its got the new school music sound with the middle eastern feel which works perfect for enjoying a nice bowl.

[quote name='Stuie' date='20 January 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1264007177' post='446598']
Lately a little Chopin and Mozart and a Tom Holt Novel have been making my sessions out of this world.
[/quote]

Nice, Waht book are you reading from Tom Holt?? I loved "[i]Alexander At The World's End" [/i]

[quote name='Sirpyro' date='20 January 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1264010800' post='446609']
[quote name='Stuie' date='20 January 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1264007177' post='446598']
Lately a little Chopin and Mozart and a Tom Holt Novel have been making my sessions out of this world.
[/quote]

Nice, Waht book are you reading from Tom Holt?? I loved "[i]Alexander At The World's End" [/i]
[/quote]

Just finished [i]Portable Door[/i] and I started [i]In Your Dreams[/i]

Buddy of mine gave them too me he told me all of his books are great but there are 4 you have to read in order for the story lines to make sense.
1. [i]Portable Door[/i]
2. [i]In Your Dreams[/i]
3. [i]Earth, Air, Fire and Custard[/i]
4. [i]You don't have to be evil to work here, but it helps[/i]

Haven't read any of his historical fiction yet.

[quote name='Stuie' date='20 January 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1264011712' post='446613']
[quote name='Sirpyro' date='20 January 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1264010800' post='446609']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Buddy of mine gave them too me he told me all of his books are great but there are 4 you have to read in order for the story lines to make sense.
1. [i]Portable Door[/i]
2. [i]In Your Dreams[/i]

[/quote]

Have you read any Wilbur Smith books??? They are awesome he is my personal favorite writer

[quote name='Sirpyro' date='20 January 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1264012387' post='446616']
[quote name='Stuie' date='20 January 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1264011712' post='446613']
[/quote]

[/quote]

1. [i]Portable Door[/i]
2. [i]In Your Dreams[/i]

[/quote]

Have you read any Wilbur Smith books??? They are awesome he is my personal favorite writer
[/quote]

Nope Never heard of him, but I will look into him

[quote name='a cliche affair' date='20 January 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1264025076' post='446672']
Anything chill. I smoke hookah to relax, not to get pumped up.
[/quote]

Thus the reason i don't go to 90% of hookah lounges.

Usually something chill along the lines of the Grateful Dead, Jack Johnson, the Doors, Beatles, Janis, Jimi, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rush, and more along those lines. I've recently found Pandora.com and really like that.

I like to listen to a lot of Arabic music when I smoke:
Nancy Ajram
Haifa Wehbe
Amr Diab
Tamer Hosny
Elissa
Dana
Domonique
Fares Karem

Lately I have been listing to some techno like David Guetta, Basshunter and Tiesto to name a few

[quote name='Arcane' date='21 January 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1264060904' post='446774']
the intro songs to White Collar, Sons of Anarchy and other shows [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

John the Revelator?

[quote name='Stuie' date='20 January 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1264007177' post='446598']
[/quote]

I thought I was the only one who listened to classical while I smoked!

On special occasions I'll turn on some Ravi Shankar and light up some incense while smoking.. Really gives you a legit mid-east feel.

Personally, I enjoy the more chill music, like Fleet Foxes (great local band, I recommend checking them out) Jack Johnson, some mellow classic rock, and a select few acoustic Nirvana songs.

Usually metal and reggae. I also enjoy psychedelic music (Pink Floyd of course)

Here are some songs you might like as well;

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OMFiqNA6Ag"]Pink Floyd - Marooned (instrumental)[/url]
Very intens song, really makes me float away from reality, it's epic.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8uRJrgJdIw"]Pink Floyd - Wearing The Inside Out[/url]
From the same album as Marooned (The Devision Bell), nice and slow.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0wx_-dOnfg"]Dennis Brown - Revolution[/url]
Great regga song, it's a classic..

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kuPbZk5xxM"]Chimaira - The Heart Of It All (instrumental)[/url]
This song is a little louder, it really has it's moments, especially the intro is great..

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_AcuSjRVY"]Nile - Even The Gods Must Die[/url]
This is only for those who like death metal.. epic death metal :ylsuper: ..

What does it for me is orchestra music. Something I can listen to in the background while I have a nice conversation or surf the net. I have been listening to alot of James Horner's Avatar motion picture soundtrack. Really good stuff that I suggest some of you check out!