I Just Proposed To My Girlfriend!

xxmalachaixx

As the title suggests, i just proposed to the most amazing person to enter my life! i had the urge to tell someone (since no one in my family knows yet). I proposed to her 2 days after she graduated from Airforce BMT. Her face was so priceless and it was just perfect! Im so ecstatic! I drove from Pennsylvania to San Antonio Texas to do this, and it couldn't have been any better! Now I'm only 19 and people are like "your young and dumb, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment ina few years" and stuff like that. My Supervisor at work said getting married at 19 is like leaving a party before 9 o'clock. I just laughed at him and smiled. He is my age (19), but many years younger in maturity :pp I've been with this woman for 4 years now, and honestly enjoyed every moment with her, and we've lived together for 2 and a half years. We've seen each other through really really dark times, and came out better because of that. The things shes helped me through and i helped her through were honestly some insane things. Please don't ask about them as we try to keep those things in the past. Either way thank you to anyone who reads this, I just can't contain myself anymore. I needed to tell someone and i know you guys and girls are awesome, so I had to tell you guys!

Heres my Queen, yes she is a ginger and she is beautiful, and i love everything about her!

[attachment=6332:Right after.jpg]

Congrats man! Getting married was the best decision of my life. Since you have been together for 4 years it sounds like you know what you're doing. Taking your time in a relationship is setting yourself up for success, IMO. My wife were together for 6 years before getting married, since we were 16. Very similar to your situation. Best of luck and again, congrats! I wish both of you all the happiness in the world. :)

It's like what Cheers said Fatal, there wasn't any bravery, i just felt like it was time. And i always felt the same way, the more time you take, the more you can reassure yourself it's the right move. Plus were both joining the Airforce, and we get a home on base, and quite a few perks come with being a military couple. Cheeers anything you say s always awesome and i love reading your replies, you seem to have an answer or something lined up for every situation on the forum ha. But thank you both guys :D

If she is in the Air Force you will LOVE IT. I Grew up in the Air Force and while I was a kid I hated moving around so much now I am SO THANKFUL to have that experience in my young life. I've lived in over 13 states now and was able to SEE THE ENTRE COUTRY before I was 18. That is AMAZING life experience for someone growing up. If/when you have children PLEASE TAKE THEM TRAVELING. They and you will experience so many cultures and people around the country! It's an amazing ride and you're blessed for spending it with someone you love and care about. Best of luck and many blessings for you both. Mabrook.

Congrats man!  Don't let anyone tell you that you are too young.  My wife and I have been together since we were 16, I proposed 7 years later, and have been together over 11 years now, married for almost 4.  Best years of my life with my best friend in life.  It will all work out!

It's like what Cheers said Fatal, there wasn't any bravery, i just felt like it was time. And i always felt the same way, the more time you take, the more you can reassure yourself it's the right move. Plus were both joining the Airforce, and we get a home on base, and quite a few perks come with being a military couple. Cheeers anything you say s always awesome and i love reading your replies, you seem to have an answer or something lined up for every situation on the forum ha. But thank you both guys :D

Sounds like things are gonna go great for you both. So glad to hear that. Thank you both for your service. As for my replies, I just think I love this place a little too much. :P

Congrats man!  Don't let anyone tell you that you are too young.  My wife and I have been together since we were 16, I proposed 7 years later, and have been together over 11 years now, married for almost 4.  Best years of my life with my best friend in life.  It will all work out!

You and your wife sound exactly like my wife and I, just off by one year in terms of how long we dated before marriage, and obviously the length of marriage. Ain't it great to be married to your best friend, though? We were best friends before we ever dated, and have been through a lot together. The history between us, it would take days to tell someone. I honestly look at some couples and how they met and their marriages are nightmares... I think you almost HAVE to be best friends for a marriage to work well. Congrats on your successful marriage. ;)

Sounds like things are gonna go great for you both. So glad to hear that. Thank you both for your service. As for my replies, I just think I love this place a little too much. :P

>Congrats man!  Don't let anyone tell you that you are too young.  My wife and I have been together since we were 16, I proposed 7 years later, and have been together over 11 years now, married for almost 4.  Best years of my life with my best friend in life.  It will all work out!

You and your wife sound exactly like my wife and I, just off by one year in terms of how long we dated before marriage, and obviously the length of marriage. Ain't it great to be married to your best friend, though? We were best friends before we ever dated, and have been through a lot together. The history between us, it would take days to tell someone. I honestly look at some couples and how they met and their marriages are nightmares... I think you almost HAVE to be best friends for a marriage to work well. Congrats on your successful marriage. ;)

I agree about having to marry your best friend.  I just don't know how all my friends and even my brother can marry someone who they fight with every day, at least once a day (the good ones fight at least once a week lolol).  My wife and I have fought around 3 times in 11 years...every time, we talk it out (not yell...well maybe slightly, but not a lot :P ) and get it figured out.  Communication is key and marriage won't improve it if you don't have it before hand.  

And I'm not sure about you...but something that really pisses me off...is that so many people cheat and are ok with it.  They have no moral integrity.  I know people who have cheated on all their g/f's, and ones that have cheated/continue cheating on their significant other.  I think media makes cheating "ok" in people's eyes now...and kids are growing up watching this shit.

Sorry for the rant and side rail.  Congrats on your successful marriage as well :P