I'm Wondering If I'm The Only One Here...

SaintPendulous

OK SO there are 2 people pretty close to me....that on Facebook are damn near "unbearable".

one of them is CONSTANTLY correcting me, even on fuckin spelling errors, he is the personality that he hasta prove you wrong, and always needs to be right, he will go out of his way to correct you. He if I repost a picture or a quote or something, hes the first person to tell everybody on my wall why I'm wrong, and that I am wrong.....anybody else have a person like this?

Second, on my facebook(...again, I know) If I post a funny picture or a thought, theres always one friend who feels like whatever I post, it needs his comedic twist, every funny picture, every funny story, every clever quip or anecdote....its like hes saying "well that was neat, BUT EVERYBODY LOOK AT HOW WITTY I AM!!!"

I've told them both about my attitude and feelings toward this, 1 is a very good friend, the other is my cousin....do i just delete them? am I oversensitive? Does anybody else have this problem??

Some people just turn in to these justified little assholes on the internet. And even more so if they are anons making under the belt jabs. However these are people who you know and who know you in an indepth manner. And it seems rather childish and in attempts to be an 'alpha dog' in any conversation, thought and etc.

If they cannot respect your comments on FB after talking to them about these issues then it doesn't seem like they should be viewing or responding to your page.

• Upvote 1

I think there is a way to keep them from seeing things you post without deleting them. Facebook just makes things so complicated. I would just say you are being overly-sensitive, but I have an Aunt who shouldn't be allowed to be on a computer. She always plays devil's advocate with whatever I write and in one instance wrote a long email to my mother questioning my mental health after a quote I posted was misinterpreted. 

I think there is a way to keep them from seeing things you post without deleting them. Facebook just makes things so complicated. I would just say you are being overly-sensitive, but I have an Aunt who shouldn't be allowed to be on a computer. She always plays devil's advocate with whatever I write and in one instance wrote a long email to my mother questioning my mental health after a quote I posted was misinterpreted. 

tooootally into that idea of hiding posts infact i think i found out how already, pretty easy! time will tell i suppose, MAYBE ill just post some awful grammatical error false ignorant statement....and sit back and wait

I correct people's grammar sometimes when they go on rants about things and are offensive about it. Example, one of my friends was posting about how stupid cheerleaders are since he has one in his Calc III class (see a problem here?) yet he doesn't know how to use then/than your/you're affect/effect correctly, and I let him know. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

I correct people's grammar sometimes when they go on rants about things and are offensive about it. Example, one of my friends was posting about how stupid cheerleaders are since he has one in his Calc III class (see a problem here?) yet he doesn't know how to use then/than your/you're affect/effect correctly, and I let him know. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

I do this at work, ONLY BECAUSE 90% of the people i work with have zero education lol, like high school was pushing it.  Now i know im not the best on here, but i know what im supposed to say and how to say it im just lazy, but when it comes to work stuff. I have to do it the right way all the time. but most dont..sad

But yes just delete them or just block them, and i hope none of you did this to me :(

I use my facebook account to make appointments with groups of people (fairly easy to let everyone know things) also I dont generally post on walls, comment, like or respond if its not something I care about a lot. Or sometimes I do just cause I feel like it, but rarely.

I recently read an article about the relationship between OCD and grammar. 

https://illinois.edu/blog/view/25/76120

My mom does that shit. 

As for the cousin who makes the witty comments... thats a tough one bc its family. I don't know what I would do... Maybe you can put a Willy Wonka meme in there. If you really want to be confrontational you could tag them in it lol. 

I have a "bitches" group that I add people to and make it so when I post something, they can't see it.  Has worked out great for me thus far.  You can also test out the permissions...but I forget how bc fb keeps changing how things work now.  You should be able to type in someone's name and fb will show you what they see on your page.

My mom does that shit. 

As for the cousin who makes the witty comments... thats a tough one bc its family. I don't know what I would do... Maybe you can put a Willy Wonka meme in there. If you really want to be confrontational you could tag them in it lol. 

Actually the cousin is the 1 who feels like he needs to put me down and always correct me, my spelling, and no shit...one time i re-posted a picture a friend posted and he disagreed with the picture....looked it up and....now follow me here folks

He not only took the time to look up and debunk the photo, but he actually attempted to add MY FRIEND that he has no connection with, has never met, and probably never will ever have any contact with, He was tried to add them just to tell them that they are wrong, to rub it in their face that hes smarter than them....that's the level of Arrogance and self rightiousness im dealing with here lol

• 2 weeks later...

I might be weird since I'm looking it into a different light :wacko: . I mostly do that to my close friends comment state something but I don't argue much like in a debate or something. We just laugh it off after that. I remember one thing though that I screwed up. One of my friends were posting some Facebook statuses and wall posts because he was showing off to this other girl on Facebook, I've contradicted on most of what he posted and we've had an argument because of that but I've said my apologies since I didn't knew at that time he was being serious and sh*t. Haha

My mom does that shit. 

Actually the cousin is the 1 who feels like he needs to put me down and always correct me, my spelling, and no shit...one time i re-posted a picture a friend posted and he disagreed with the picture....looked it up and....now follow me here folks

He not only took the time to look up and debunk the photo, but he actually attempted to add MY FRIEND that he has no connection with, has never met, and probably never will ever have any contact with, He was tried to add them just to tell them that they are wrong, to rub it in their face that hes smarter than them....that's the level of Arrogance and self rightiousness im dealing with here lol

wow thats messed up... idk. I'd probably just defriend him. 

Delete your facebook. Life is so much easier B) I did this for over 6 months and I loved it!! Then we opened the lounge and I had to re open it due to Erica's demand