Magic: The Gathering

brphotoakes

i play casually, have cards all the way back to the 2nd ed. from one of my ex-gf's dad, to the 2012 core set. since then i really havent bought any new packs and such

Used to have a hordcore slivers deck long time ago . HAvent played in ages. Ah Cocatrice my buddie tried to get me to use it once. Im a physical card type of guy . Man if i still had a deck we could do some of this on TC

Never played. I remember watching Nercorde Rising Documentary.

I'll teach you to play Magic the Gathering...

15 minutes later.....still explaining...

30 minutes later....still explaining...

1 hour later....still explaining...

92 minutes later....

"Alright let's get started!"

I played all the way from Alpha to Weatherlight expansions. Had a complete Alpha set that I sold for about $9000 including all the Mox's and Black Lotus. Probably could have gotten more but it paid my rent for a year almost lol

Mind you this was in 2005, the game was in a lull of popularity and just came back into prominence in the last few years.

From poking around I see it going for only $5000 now so I think I did okay, even with the change in prices lol. I only had 3 complete sets in Alpha, Ice Age, and Weatherlight, but I also had one of every white card in the game since it was my favorite color. I miss it sometimes but glad I got out...I played a draft tourney at Magfest this year and hated all the new rules and the new cards are retarded.

I'd play virtually if I had access to all the cards and the old school expansions to recreate my lions and angels deck. It won 5 tourneys and was undefeated for 2 years, even against decks that were built to counter it specifically lol

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1355809505' post='565475']
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know what the fuck is going on in this thread.

I'm okay with this...

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

Its like that pokemon game you play, except for adults.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1355860696' post='565512'][quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1355809505' post='565475']
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know what the fuck is going on in this thread.

I'm okay with this...

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

Its like that pokemon game you play, except for adults.[/quote]

Well now I really feel like I have a huge e-peen. :P

Tapatalk'd via iPhone

How dare you sully the good name of pokemon!!

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1355860696' post='565512']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1355809505' post='565475']

I'm okay with this...

Tapatalk'd via iPhone
[/quote]

Its like that pokemon game you play, except for adults.
[/quote]

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1355815250' post='565484']
I'd play virtually if I had access to all the cards and the old school expansions to recreate my lions and angels deck. It won 5 tourneys and was undefeated for 2 years, even against decks that were built to counter it specifically lol
[/quote]

You can, there is a program call cockatrice that has all of the cards in its database and best of all, it is all FREE!

interesting name though to be honest, i wouldnt play it online though. I enjoy actually talking to my opponent, its a social game, like hookah is a social hobby

I played a few times when I was dating a pretty serious player - he actually went to Nationals at one point when we were together. Was pretty interesting but I never fully got the hang of it. It sucks being such a n00b when you're playing against people who have played forever and are super into it and compete etc. etc.

I also played veeeeeeeeery long ago in the times of Alpha and same as Tyler, I sold all my cards for a pretty good sum. I played a combination of black and blue called "Frustration".

Will take a look at that cockatrice game online... sounds pretty good if you can just have access to all the sets.

• 2 weeks later...
i had a dragon/burn deck that did pretty well

i had a sliver deck with all five colors that is still undefeated, had that deck in circulation for a year or two with my group, who were all insane players