Mint

[LB]

Now i havent done reviews in a long time but i had this flavor the other day and it was SOOOOO goood i had to share it with the rest of the forum cause it was just so damn delicious

Al Fakher Mint

I bought 2 50 gram bags of this flavor the other day hoping i could mix it in with some other brand or sweet tobacco to add a hint-of-mint to one of my flavors so i sat down one day packed my bowl with plum shisha and then i opened the bag of al fakher mint and the moment i opened the bag i knew this would be my new favorite tobacco. This smokes like any other al fakher, which is great but the flavor is just stupendous and thats what made it so special, for a long time my fav was AF grape until this sucker came around. It was good with plum, but even better on its own (unlike some other mints)

Smell: overwhelmingly refreshing, like smelling refrigerated altoids! (cool and minty)
Cut: typical Al Fakher, red, juicy, with some stems and logs jammed in there- i smoke them anyway! Ive gotten used to this very wet cut

Getting started- as with most al fakhers the wetness will cause the tobacco to give off smoke a little later than the drier tobaccos, but keep pulling! once AF is at the right temperature (and it is not hard to reach) it is like a dream

Smoke: typicall white fluffy flavorful AF clouds, very enjoyable
Flavor: this is the best part of the tobacco is the strong yet not burning or tickling mint. It is a perfectly rounded mint, better than any other mint i have ever smoked! although i do enjoy tabac le prince mint except it doesent burn as much as that does, in fact it doesent burn at all!
Sensation: the cooling sensation from the mint is what makes it unique, it feels like your drinking fresh ice water when you smoke this, and i would suggest putting ice water in the vase. I couldnt get enough of this sensation so i kept puffing until i was buzzed into my realm. That takes 20 hits + ring blowing and no breathing inbetween! try that with al fakher and youll get your buzz trust me.

overall, my new favorite flavor- i will certainly be ordering a kilo or two of this in the future.

10/10

no joke, its that good.

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher MINT

Smell:
smell is very strong very minty.

Flavor:
like it smells

Cut: Small cut red and gooy several stems to pick out

Smoke: thick fluffy

Buzz: pretty good but im a puss and i get buzzed easy

Hookah Type: mya hose eygtian with a genie base

Bowl: Regular Egyptian bowl

Foil/Screen: Single Aluminium foil

Coal/Amount: 2 pieces jap lite

Liquid in Base:Ice Water

Duration: bout an hour of good constant smoke

Other Comments:Great flavor, smell, smoke. Several stems to deal with . Smell may be too much for some.

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 9

• 3 months later...
Al Fakher Mint

Hookah: Pumpkin baby sheesha with neon lights

Coal: 2 Japanese coals, after 2 it tends to get quite harsh

Bowl packing: Filled flavour right to the top, foiled it done about 50/60 holes.

Cut: Typical Very juicy, and was cut very nicely.

Smell: Mint with ice gives this chewing gum feeling, that smells nice.

Smoke: Was kicking

Flavour: Mint, very harsh after a while does not taste like mint.

Buzz: Don't get one

Duration: 40-45mins

Rating: 8/10 by it self, mix it with grape 10/10.

Al Fakher Mint
Setup:
Hookah: Egyptian Sultan, cobra hose and Egyptian bowl.

Coal: one three kings quick lights

liquid in vase: Tap water, no ice or additives.

Bowl packing: Left a gap between bowl and foil, used cheap tin foil, circle pattern of holes.

Cut: Typical Al-Fakher cut. Very fine, absolutely soaked in juices, was red was expecting green.

Smell: Mint

Smoke: Excellent, big white clouds

Flavor: Minty, but not over powering reminds me of altoids

Buzz: Mild

Duration: Rating: 10/10. Flavor was excellent, was able to smoke the whole bowl with out feeling sick.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Al Fakher Mint

cut: not as fine cut, some what large leaves but hardly any stems

smell: holy crap, my sinuses just opened up and you feel a tingle in your eyes.

taste: Ever had a peppermint altoid? BAM! that strong, that refreshing.

smoke: thick!

buzz: been smoking to long to feel a buzz

length: hours...

Overall: 10/10. This is the best mint you can buy.

• 4 months later...
fakher Mint

Cut. good cut extra sticky loads of syrup i always have this problem with fakher wink.gif
Taste wasent very pleasent felt very chemical like like those cheap mint candies you sometime get kind of thing
Smoke made largewhite clouds 8/10
overall 4/10 wont buy it again ill stick to the nakhla mint much better

• 4 weeks later...
Al Fakher MINT

Setup: 24" China double hose, ceramic bowl, foil, (2) three kings charcoal disks, tap water

Appearance: Wet wet wet wet! This stuff was soaked, but very thick with tobacco and few sticks. nice texture.

Smell: Like mint, however you can clearly smell the tobacco. Kind of like a menthol ciggerette.

Taste: Definitly tastes like mint. Mixes well with almost anything without overpowering it too much.

Smoke: Probably the thickest smoke my China has ever pumped out.

Buzz: Decent, not too much -- which isn't always a bad thing.

Overall: 9/10. I'll definitly be buying Al Fahker again. I love this stuff!

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher Mint

Setup:
Hookah: 22" Egyption
Bowl: Small Egyptian bowl
Coals: 2 -1/3 Exotica Coals
Foil/Screen: Foil
Water: water, Diffuser

Cut: Typical AF cut, wet and sticky.

Smell: Smelled very minty, like mentos

Taste: mouthfull of mentos

Smoke: Very thick and smooth smoke. Huge clouds.

Buzz: very very slight buzz (might have been the 2 hour session.

Longevity: 1 Hour +

Rating: I would give it 9/10. I am a mint whore, love the mint stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Fakher MInt

Cut: typicall fakher moderate amount of stems very wet always makes a huge mess dry.gif

Smell: Very minty made me actually buy it

smoke: nice O'sss

Taste: very sweet for mint for me mint has to hit hard to feel the coolness of it down your throught but this was tasted very artifical like some cheap mint candy u get for change did not enjoy it compared to the nakhla mint which leaves u cool and refreshed

Overlall: its alright for someone who is not an experienced smoker but for a proper mint flavour i did not get what i was looking for and is very expensive had to put it in the bin very disapointed 3/10 dry.gif

• 5 months later...
Al Fakher Mint - My personal favorite flavor.

Cut - Nice, typical Cut.. Medium to Small cut..always consistent

Smell - The best Mint you will ever smell and smoke.

Color - AF tobacco is usually red in color.

Taste - As it should. AF never disappoints.

Smoke - AF and Nice Clouds should be one work..somehow combined. Lovely smoke from AF. Always.

Buzz
- No buzz for me personally.

Duration
- 1hr+ using a small Phunnel with 3 coco-naras.

Overall -What can I say? AF is one of my favorite brands. Their mint is 20/10.

• 2 weeks later...
Al Fakher Mint

Ever since my first visit to the forum, I have heard nothing but rave reviews of mint flavored shisha, and of all of them, Al Fakher's Mint seemed to get the best press. I had high hopes for this one, to be sure, but just how did it turn out? Read on.

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Standard Mya
Screen/Foil: Foil
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: 1 Golden QL, with windscreen as the coal died down
Base Liquid: Ice Water

Appearance:
Standard Al Fakher. Love it or hate it, it's what you've come to expect.
Smell: A pleasant mint smell. The closest thing I can think of is Junior Mints. I had to pull myself away from it because it smelled so good.
Taste: Outstanding. The ice in the base made for a strong cooling sensation, and once the ice melted it faded nicely into a stout mint flavor. Exhaling through the nose produced a lovely, sinus clearing blast of minty goodness. Next time I get a cold, I'm going to eschew cold medicine entirely and load up a bowl of this. You chewing gum addicts will find a whole lot to love here.
Smoke: After my review yesterday, member giant ninja robot sent me a PM recommending I use foil instead of a screen for thicker smoke. I gave it a try today, and I am sold. I was blowing clouds that obscured the book I was reading, and I was blasting mosquitos out of the air with precision puffs of thick smoke. Cheers, brother, thanks for the heads up.
Buzz: A moderate buzz. I wasn't stumbling around like a drunken idiot, but my head is still swimming a bit. I got a pretty strong headache from this stuff, but it is probably because I was hitting this baby like a white trash husband.

Purchased From:
Part of the Al Fakher sampler pack from Hookah-Shisha

Overall: A must-have flavor for sure. It is great as a solo smoke, but its mixing possibilities are endless. I'll most certainly be putting a 250g of this into my next order, whenever that may be.

As always, feedback and recommendations via PM are welcome and encouraged. Do you think a different brand makes a better mint? I want to know! Edited by Hojo

• 2 weeks later...
AF Mint

Hookah: KM Hafa

Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel with Homemade foil scalli mod

Screen/Foil: Foil With holes positioned only under the coals

Hose: Razan Hose

Coals:40mm belgian natural disk broken in half

Base: Water+Ice

Prod Date: Jan 08

Appearence: It was a really fine cut and wet beyond anything. I put my hand in the bag in the 250g tub and it was like poking jello!

Smell: Minty It was good. So I proceeded to mix it with fantasia blueberry

Taste: Delicious! Very Minty and Very cool. Complimented the blueberry well!

Smoke: Diesel Clouds

Buzz: A slight bit. But then the group grew so no more buzzing

Overall: It is the sex! I plan on mixing this with everything! And for 250g for $8 I'm so happy I could crap! 10/10

MINT

Appearance: Standard AF. Red in color and pretty moist.

Smell: A very strong but pleasant mint

Taste: The very best there is! Its the only mint I've had that mixes well but tastes so great by itself. By far and away my favorite tasting shisha.

Smoke: Again, the very best there is! AF will always give great clouds.

Buzz: AF Mint is one of the few washed flavors that will give me a nice buzz.

Duration: How many coals ya got?

I'm sure its been said 100 times in this thread but this is a must-have for anyone. It mixes great and smokes as good as anything I've experienced. Always keep at least 250g of this stuff in stock!

Al Fakher Mint

Hookah: Chinese knockoff (soon to be KM tri-metal!)
Bowl: Modern
Screen/Foil: Foil
Hose: Chinese knockoff
Coals: 2 3K's QL
Base Liquid: Ice Water

Appearance: Its Al Fahker, every batch is pretty much the same. Go buy some to find out. Red-ish brown in color. More brown than other flavors.
Smell: Minty minty minty!!! Smells so good. I was tempted to lick my fingers after packing the bowl then thought twice.
Taste: Holy crap, this stuff is amazing! Beats the pants off Nahkla Mizo Mint, thats for sure. Almost overwhelming flavor. I smoked two bowls of straight mint and it just felt and tasted great.
Smoke: Damn good clouds even for my cheap ass hookah.
Buzz: None.

Overall: Gotta have it. For sure keep a 250g around if not just for mixers. Makes every flavor taste better.

AF Mint!! wub.gif

Wow, what a flavor. Before I start this review, let me just say that after listening to so many people on this forum rave about this stuff, I was really excited to get this stuff. I was not let down at all! Now that that's out of the way, let's get started.

Set-Up:

Hookah:
30" Nour Syrian from Hookah Company
Coals: 3 Coco's
Bowl: Tangier's Medium Phunnel Bowl
Liquid in Base: Ice Water

Appearance: Pretty moist, typical AF cut with a few stems (Maybe 2 or 3 throughout the package)

Smell: Smells like mint! Like the typical mint you find in wintermint gum or some toothpaste. Reminded me of the fresh mint one would use in a Mojito.

Taste: Wow! Perhaps the biggest seller for this tobacco. It tastes like fresh mint with a terrific cooling sensation that is so strong, it makes it almost difficult to detect when it's going harsh. Incredible. I am a huge fan of mint flavors in general and this flavor combined with the cooling made this one of my favorite tasting tobaccos.

Buzz: Pretty good buzz. Not as strong as Nakhla (aka, the Mack truck) or Tangiers (the smaller Mack truck) but definitely noticeable and pleasant. Smoking this stuff just makes you feel very relaxed.

Smoke: AF continues to amaze me with the consistent volumes of smoke you get out of it. We're talking huge, dragon-like clouds. Very awesome.

Conclusion: Simply fantastic. I will be keeping at least 500g of this stuff in my stash at all time. I've heard it's great for mixing and I'm going to try that out later today but just as a straight flavor, it's incredible. Every hookah smoker owes it to themselves to try this tobacco. You can't beat the price for the quality you get. Keep up the great work, AF, this stuff is incredible. It gets a solid 10/10. Perfect score for a perfect tobacco.

• 3 weeks later...
Review: Special- AF Mint with REAL honey added, as well as honey and sugar in the base with the water.

Setup: Legends Hookah, one hose - synthetic leather, 30g bowl.
Setup start: Take your base (probably a good idea to use your 'experiment' hookah, I used my SS Pumpkin to try this first) and put about a half cup of sugar in as well as a good amount of honey. Judge the honey as what you think will soften the mint flavor, I put a good amount in, roughly 4 to 5 teaspoons. Add hot water. Yes hot water, so it mixes well. Add ice when your done, fill to about an inch above the bottom of the stem. Put in freezer while you do the rest.

Bowl: Fill half of your bowl with AF Mint, squirt some honey in to lightly coat the shisha, and then continue to fill. After reaching the top of the bowl, I press it down about 1/16th of an inch, so nothing burns. Cover with one layer of foil shiny side down if you are using a small hookah, two for a large. I take a sewing needle and poke a spiral pattern of roughly twenty holes in the foil.

Start Smoking: I use Coconaras, probably a good idea to do the same if you can. Not sure how it'll be otherwise. Pull a few times and get it going. The flavor should be extremely smooth and flavorful; tasting like Orbit Sweetmint gum. Wonderful flavor, I could take in so much smoke. Makes AF Mint one of my new favorite flavors!

Smoke: Thick and delicious!!

Buzz: After a few strong pulls, stand up. Trust me, you'll feel it.

Duration: A good hour fourty-five, depending on bowl size.

Overall: 9/10

To clean, use really hot water several times. Edited by Mirus

• 2 weeks later...
Al Fakher Mint

Hookah:Mya QT
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: Coconara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut, Several Stems, Tons of Red Dye
Nicotine: 0.05%
Base: Molasses & Glycerin
Smell: Mint
Taste: Strong Mint Flavor
Smoke: Massive Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 10/10 Flavor was wonderful. Reminded me of Romman Mint just replace the buzz with Red Dye. I usually take off a point for buzz and red dye, but this flavor is just too good. Going to keep this around for when my Romman Mint runs out.

• 1 month later...
Al Fakher Mint

Setup : Mya QT, Razan, Medium Phunnel (with 3 cocos on top)

Smell : Very strong mint smell to it. Natural smelling, like crushed up mint leaves.

Flavor : Awesome! It's mint! A good cooling sensation down the throat as you inhale.

Buzz : Relaxing buzz, the cooling sensation is the bomb!

Overall : Very very good mint IMO, one of the best stuffs from AF. Definitely going to be staple in my collection. Great as a mixer with everything! 10/10

• 3 months later...
Al Fakher Mint

Setup : Mya 26" with ice water; Mya bowl, 2 3 kings QL

Smell : Great peppermint smell, like a red/white mint candies.

Flavor : Good flavor, not something I would smoke by itself, but it seems to go good with everything (ESPECIALLY AF CHOCOLATE!!)

Buzz : very small buzz, but made me feel good

Clouds : Big white fluffy clouds

Duration : about 45 minutes

Overall : This one is a FANTASTIC mixer, I'm always going to keep some of this around.

9/10

• 3 months later...
Brand and Flavor: AF Mint

Shisha Cut: Regular AF cut

Hookah Type: KM MASHAL

Duration: 45 MINS

Bowl: APPLE BOWL

Foil / Screen: ONE LAYER FOIL

Coal / Amount: 3 COCO'S WITH WIND COVER
Smoke: THICK THICK CLOUDS

Buzz: NOT VERY MUCH BUZZ BUT THERE IS SOME

Smell / Flavor: PerFECT MINT FLAVOUR, COOLING TO YOUR THROAT WHICH IS GREAT

Rating (1 to 10): 10/10 THE HYPE ON THE FORUM IS RIGHT, AMAZING SMOKE BEST AF perfect10.gif

• 1 year later...
Al Fakher Mint is the staple mint shisha of many hookah smokers due to it’s ability to be mixed with other flavors to provide a soothing effect and cosistent flavor.

[b]Shisha Cut:[/b] Fine to medium cut with few stems, moderate moisture and red in color.

[b]Flavor: [/b]Right out of the jar you can small the mint flavor, the taste is very mellow and not overpowering.

[b]Smoke: [/b]The smoke was very thick and refreshing, and provides a nice cooling effect.

[b]Buzz: [/b]The buzz was mild but very relaxing and refreshing.

[b]Duration: [/b]The bowl lasted about almost two hours with one person smoking, and just about an hour with two people.

Overall the Al Fakher Mint shisha is the best mint shisha on the market due to it’s ability to be mixed with other flavors or smoked independantly.

• 1 month later...
Setup:32” Copper Lotus Kahlil Mamoon

Flavor: [size=5]Al Fakher- [/size][color="#008000"][size=5]Mint[/size][/color]

Smell: smells like a really good and or potent gum or maybe even some chewing tobacco...without the nausea 9/10

Taste: i wasnt too keen on this one at first, BUT the more i smoke it the more i love it, it honestly to me tastes like Girl Scouts Thin Mints...no joke 10/10

Smoke: with my old coals it was ok but with my new Coco Naras its awsome billowing white clouds that block out my computer moniter lol 9-10/10

Buzz: actually ive been gettin some pretty rockin buzzes off of this one but not everytime 8/10

Overall experience: i really liked it, i acquired it off a trade so i was skeptical but i definatly think if ur at all a fan of mint, give this one a try!!! [size=6]9/10[/size]

• 10 months later...
[b]Al Fakher[color="#008000"] Mint[/color]

Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray QT
[b]Bowl:[/b] Sahara Smoke Pyrex bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Bowl screen from HS.com
[b]Hose: [/b]Mya Wide
[b]Coals: [/b]Golden Quicklites
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water, room temperature

[b]Appearance: [/b]A moist, fine cut. A few stems, but not a lot. Dyed a red color.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] Unsure
[b]Base:[/b] -
[b]Smell: [/b]Mint (of course!)
[b]Taste: [/b]The taste was good. The mint flavor was mellow enough that I was able to taste the actual mint [i]flavor[/i] but it was also strong enough for me to get a slight cooling sensation.
[b]Smoke:[/b] Huge clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Light buzz
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 hour and 30 minutes
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com about a month ago.

[b]Overall:[/b] I really liked this stuff. I've heard great things about AF Mint for a long time and I can see why. All the other mint flavors I've tried were too intense. This stuff was balanced quite well and I didn't get the "LOL UR LUNGS R FROZEN!!!1" taste. I'll be buying more AF Mint shisha as well as other AF mint mixes. [b]9 out of 10.[/b]