Goddam Gag Reflex

Okay, this might sound a bit odd.

A few years back, I tried a flavour called "Pan Rasna" (I think that's it). From what I remember, it was some rose/menthol thing. Made me gag almost everytime. Sadly, now if I smoke too much, I start to gag when I pull.
Anyone else know about this? How to stop it?

/annoyed

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1334403000' post='544907']
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "smoke too much"?
[/quote]

No such thing :P
If I take a deep inhale

how deep down your throat are you pushing the hose exactly...?
On a more serious note, maybe lay off the hookah for a week or two? Edited by Bawhee
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='skeetsak' timestamp='1334443586' post='544938']
i work with food and i have gagged off the smell of the food i was cooking. the only reason is that im around it all the time. take a break
[/quote]

remind me never to eat at the restaurant you work at.
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the responses

When I moved to NZ, I had takend a break from hookah for about two years, and still the gagging...It doesn't happen all the time so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

[quote name='Bawhee' timestamp='1334417406' post='544920']
[/quote]

:tsktsk: Ha!

[quote name='CheshireKai' timestamp='1334448443' post='544940']
[quote name='Bawhee' timestamp='1334417406' post='544920']
[/quote]

:tsktsk: Ha!
[/quote]

No, seriously. That's a good question. With me, even sticking the hose in just a little bit further than usual can give me gag reflex when I don't get it [i]at all [/i]otherwise. Also, I've never gotten it off a narrow mouth tip. Only wider ones like Nammor and KM. Edited by Christopher Mason Taylor

i get that sometimes, too, and i think it might just be from my throat or mouth getting too dry. it normally only happens when i take a bunch of pulls with relatively no break. just keep drinking water and take some time between pulls once and a while

Its probably the flavor because most Mint flavors do this to people because the cooling effect just is to much for them and that flavor mix is called Grannie Pannies lol rose mint, but like Melon Blend (tangiers) makes me do that thats why i got rid of 500gm of it lol

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1334549075' post='545050']
Its probably the flavor because most Mint flavors do this to people because the cooling effect just is to much for them and that flavor mix is called Grannie Pannies lol rose mint, but like Melon Blend (tangiers) makes me do that thats why i got rid of 500gm of it lol
[/quote]

Nah. OP said he gets this with ANY flavor now.

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1334472622' post='544971']
i get that sometimes, too, and i think it might just be from my throat or mouth getting too dry. it normally only happens when i take a bunch of pulls with relatively no break. just keep drinking water and take some time between pulls once and a while
[/quote]

Helps a lot, thanks

Its probably the flavor because most Mint flavors do this to people because the cooling effect just is to much for them and that flavor mix is called [b]Grannie Pannies[/b] lol rose mint, but like Melon Blend (tangiers) makes me do that thats why i got rid of 500gm of it lol
[/quote]

LOL wuuuut. Thats crazy. *gag

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1334668430' post='545139']
Its probably the flavor because most Mint flavors do this to people because the cooling effect just is to much for them and that flavor mix is called [b]Grannie Pannies[/b] lol rose mint, but like Melon Blend (tangiers) makes me do that thats why i got rid of 500gm of it lol
[/quote]

LOL wuuuut. Thats crazy. *gag
[/quote]

why did u gag lol no gaging aloud in this forum lol

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1334732981' post='545270']
I say face your fear and smoke pan rasna once again!! Pack it, smoke it, stand your ground and be like

[img]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2268/cartmanwall4800x600.png[/img]

It works. :)
[/quote]

Lulz, I fear it more than I fear clowns

[quote name='Al(TYE)muHarib' timestamp='1334508326' post='544988']
I would recommend using natural coals; my quicklites irritate my throat sometimes. Also, whenever I smoke, I always have a big bottle of water or juice (not pop) with me, it helps.
[/quote]

I agree with this..I used to smoke every day for a couple hours at my girlfriend's house and there were times i either just didn't feel right or literally gagged which is extremely uncommon for me, except for hangovers :P If you're using quicklights, go to a natural coal. If you're using a natural coal, stop smoking so often, starting with an extended break before resuming very occasional smoking. This shit happens to me with cigs. My body wants no part of it.

i use natural coals and it still happens to me at least once every session. just keep hydrated between puffs and you'll find the problem will go away. it only happens to me now when i get a little too ambitious and take too many pulls without a break