Naraagiil - Lebanese and Turkish Awesomeness

Hassouni

me likes, its just as good looking if not better then a 628, i Do also like how its a bit taller, elmas were really shorter then i thought. Still sexy stuff. both of them Edited by king_lunchb0x

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1329591809' post='539471']
me likes, its just as good looking if not better then a 628, i Do also like how its a bit taller, elmas were really shorter then i thought. Still sexy stuff. both of them
[/quote]

Yeah, I think its proportioned perfectly with the plus-sized Elmas glass

I should mention, this is the Elmas I always wanted, I only got the 628 because at the time the lira was stronger and I had less to spend on nargiles! (That being said, the 628 is still a beast)

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1329592066' post='539474']
[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1329591809' post='539471']
me likes, its just as good looking if not better then a 628, i Do also like how its a bit taller, elmas were really shorter then i thought. Still sexy stuff. both of them
[/quote]

Yeah, I think its proportioned perfectly with the plus-sized Elmas glass

I should mention, this is the Elmas I always wanted, I only got the 628 because at the time the lira was stronger and I had less to spend on nargiles! (That being said, the 628 is still a beast)
[/quote]
With that being said, elmas are beasts and trump any Egyptian style pipe..right...? Edited by king_lunchb0x

• 1 month later...
OK, there have been changes and stuff, so here are current pics of the family:

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/--u0RVPZWweo/T35yCv73sKI/AAAAAAAAAs8/aJuRBeEZJVY/s720/IMG_2710.JPG[/img]
From left to right:
Not very good Lebanese pipe from Dirt Cheap Hookahs (now used only for black mu'assal)
First ever pipe and only one from 2005-2010, screw together cloisonnée job, possibly Syrian, bought in Beirut
Purgeless etched café pipe with sweet pearlescent amber base and etched tray, bought in Sour (Tyre), Lebanon. For DA only.
Typical swirly café pipe, picked up (used) from a café in downtown Beirut
Taller, more ornate Lebanese pipe, picked up in Beirut by Hookah John's relatives and featured in [url="http://youtu.be/nJ4B7yhKs70"]this video[/url]. One of a kind, and it's mine now! Sitting on a beautiful trumpet I picked up from a café in Beirut (new)
Elmas 639 Büyük Tuğrali, from Nargilestore
Elmas 628 İşlemeli, ditto

In order of acquisition: Cloisonnée, small Leb, Amber Leb, Elmas 628, Blue Leb, John's Leb, Elmas 639, Trumpet base.

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-frpTT8TYCsw/T35yCdTygoI/AAAAAAAAAs4/Uyjx271Gn50/s512/IMG_2718.JPG[/img]
The three main Lebanese, the pipes I use the most

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-am7v8SmxC_g/T35yCvbSLpI/AAAAAAAAAtA/KFbyxBBx__U/s512/IMG_2716.JPG[/img]
Turkish Trouble

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ugsvmYEvnes/T35yEwfexYI/AAAAAAAAAtQ/8RiMAcArqBQ/s512/IMG_2720.JPG[/img]
My second and first - that first one I had as my only pipe from January 2005 to May 2010, then in 2010 I got 3 pipes, got 2 more in 2011, and the 639 this year. I don't smoke these two that often - the smaller one because it's not that good, the older one because it has a common chamber (smokes great though), and frankly, it's not traditional at all, and you know how I am...

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qybhZLIEo6c/T33gArEIc5I/AAAAAAAAAso/zwH4Mtlb7Aw/s720/IMG_2668.JPG[/img]
Long-handled Syrian hose from Damascus, 5 long handled Lebanese hoses, one of HJ's new Leb hoses, 5 Elmas hoses, Narbish, Razan Abu Mahir (hehe), unknown psychedelic vomit Egyptian hose from hookahset (free gift), Temsaah hose, 2 Mya hoses. I don't really use the last four ever anymore.

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-RcC1K97YLxg/T33gBH0UHxI/AAAAAAAAAsw/ahrcjhxF4mA/s720/IMG_2670.JPG[/img]
5 super wide Lebanese bowls (3 deep, 2 shallow - the latter good for salloum, the deep good for not much...), 4 good regular sized Lebanese bowls and one slightly wider, shallower one (my DA one), 4 Elmas bowls plus a prototype male funnel from the maker of the Elmas bowls, then 2 tiny, borderline useless Leb bowls, a crappy Mya male bowl, and a bowl for 'Ajami. Plus a spare Turkish glass and my tong collection

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-AwjJb-Of0eA/T33f__y1g4I/AAAAAAAAAsg/enY8FCWFsXo/s720/IMG_2673.JPG[/img]

As always, a classy and unique collection.

Tell me about that Elmas phunnel....

Wow dude, gorgeous....
Works of art.

I really like the hoses picture, very beautiful.

Those Elmas are obviously amazing, but that Taller really takes my attention. My favorite of the group.

Im Jelly....

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1333721776' post='544193']
the Turkish funnel is a prototype that one of our vendors is bringing out, not sure if I can say more than that
[/quote]

How exciting!

• 1 year later...

Nearly 2 years since the last update, I think I've settled into my forever setup (though who knows):

IMG_8885_zps23f2f1ba.jpg

left to right: Tokel Tuğralı on Iranian/Turkish cut crystal base, Elmas İşlemeli (628), Elmas Büyük Tuğralı (639) on Iranian/Turkish cut crystal base, Lebanese/Syrian screw-together on shit-tastic Egyptian base, Lebanese cafe style pipe on Syrian (prob) iridescent dark amber base, more modern-style Lebanese cafe swirl on Syrian (prob) trumpet base, super tall possibly Syrian (but bought in Lebanon) brass pipe on gigantic Turkish/Iranian base.

The Arabs:

IMG_8887_zpsad5a9b95.jpg

In order of acquisition, actually:

First ever nargile, bought in Beirut. It's reminiscent of other screw-together pipes from Syria. I smoke this one the least, but it was my only one for over 5 years.

No purge cafe style pipe bought in deep south Lebanon - this and the 628 are the only pipes that have the original stem/vase combo. This is my apple-only pipe.

Swirl cafe pipe I actually bought from a cafe in downtown Beirut, on a trumpet base that I went through great pains to get from an argile attendant at another cafe in Beirut. This is one of my 2 most-used pipes.

Gigantor brass pipe with Syrian look heart/ports. Got this from Zawat restaurant in Saida (Sidon), South Lebanon. The place has a whole fleet of these and other super tall brass and rosewood pipes. This style is what they use for double apple, but mine was unused. According to the owner of the restaurant, they got them all from Tripoli, way up north and near Syria, which means there's a high likelihood this and all their other pipes are Syrian.  It sits on one of the last orders Mahir ever sent out, a gigantic base he got from Ahmet Elmas. I refer to this as my "Lebanese/Turkish hybrid" I don't use it that much since the size is kind of a pain.

The Turks:

IMG_8889_zps4c23b48b.jpg

In order of acquisition - 628, ordered from Nargilestore while I was in London. Standard setup. Great pipe, I use this for non-fruity flavors.

639 - ordered from Nargilestore more recently to America. Shipping took AGES, and I received sent a 618 by mistake. That got sold to Chreees, then Mattarios, then a few other people, and finally Semir (Nerdy) has it.  They then shipped me a 639 at a huge discount, much quicker.  It came with a plain blue vase, which was fine, but I ordered some stuff from Bora (Turkeysonline), and got that turquoise cut crystal base for it. I use this one a lot, as much as the swirl Lebanese, I'd say.

Tokel Tuğralı ordered from Bora, along with its vase. No tray or wind cover...still need to get them. This is my unflavored pipe.

And now as a bonus, how everything is set up:

IMG_8891_zps26cb2c57.jpg

right by the door, against the purple wall. The colors aren't quite right, it's not as blue of a purple as that, and it's almost the exact shade of the vase.

IMG_8892_zps8f34219f.jpg

In the nargile corner, protected by the wheels of steel

And now, in the Nargile and Booze Closet:

Lebanese leather hoses:

IMG_8893_zps651d58ee.jpg

These are basically variants on the hoses used by every cafe, with the difference that the cafe hoses have much shorter handles.  The 6 on the left are my favorite style, and I really love the amber stain of 4 of the first 5. The dark wood one is really nice too.  My last time in Lebanon (winter 12/13) I only found one in that shape and none in that stain  :( .  The one at the far right is the only one not bought by me in Lebanon, it came from a vendor who cannot be named. I may throw it out, because the fucking port tip is too wide for the narrow Lebanese hose port style!

IMG_8894_zps644e3d70.jpg

My Elmas hoses, either from Nargilestore or Mahir

IMG_8897_zpsa38972fa.jpg

One drawer just for Nakhla

IMG_8898_zps97034a1a.jpg

One for miscellaneous stuff

IMG_8899_zpsf33915bd.jpg

And one for unflavored or impossible to get stuff that I picked up in the Middle East or oddly enough, London

Accessories/parts drawer. There are at least a million pairs of Lebanese tongs in there...

IMG_8900_zpsdbdfc369.jpg

Lebanese bowls:

IMG_8901_zpsd771738d.jpg

Turkish/funnel/ajami bowls

IMG_8902_zps2c60ffb7.jpg

Bonus: the bar (not shown, a case or two of beer and 14 single malts)

IMG_8896_zpsa2362000.jpg

Very nice looking pipe, I'd love to get one myself. And wow $6 for mizo GREAT PRICE.

Its 7 degrees with windshield in Michigan. Wish I could go outside and smoke, the old lady lets me smoke hookah inside cause it smells like fruit but I can bust out the cigars. lol

• 2 months later...

IMG_9170.jpg

IMG_9171.jpg

IMG_9172.jpg

IMG_9173.jpg

Purchased about an hour ago: A real old-school type all wooden nargile from IRAQ! Imported from Baghdad by an Iraqi grocery store nearby. I've been wanting one of these Persian style pipes for a while, and even better that it's from my motherland and was a bargain. The removable wooden downstem is interesting  and 100% authentic (wondering how to keep it from rotting).

This will be my first and probably only male stem, but since it's OG as shit, I'm down with that. I need to get one of those Iranian metal bowls....this is my new unflavored tobacco pipe, I can't wait to try it out with my clandestine Iranian tobacco!

The real deal in action:

51BdOqFJEgL.jpg

To be smoked while listening to stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9rc7zsiWoo