Mya Odyssey Isnt Getting Much Smoke

Hello all, my 5 month old Mya Odyssesy just isnt producing enough smoke. Everything seems to be in order, no leaks, could be the hose? Weird thing is though, that if we smoke in the living room then the smoke is weak but if we move to my room it is better. My thoughts was that the temperature, so i cranked the heat up in my room and managed to get more smoke. But im just stuck...

On a side note though, was looking to buy a new hookah, and over at hookah-shisha and was debating gettting a Nammor Azizi or a Egyptian Nile if anybody had any thoughts about that.

Thanks! :)

Thats really weird that the room has an effect on you're hookahs performance. I've smoked my hookah in several different places at different temperatures and haven't had anything change. Maybe you need to reevaluate you're packing methods?

I feel like packing was alright considering i kinda followed the several posts from this site, but maybe it had an effect on the coals? I was using the crappy quick light silver ones, but now i have the coco nara, which produced more smoke but still inadequate compared to usual, its weird....

[quote name='Legendarymugen' date='10 February 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1265788271' post='450727']
I feel like packing was alright considering i kinda followed the several posts from this site, but maybe it had an effect on the coals? I was using the crappy quick light silver ones, but now i have the coco nara, which produced more smoke but still inadequate compared to usual, its weird....
[/quote]

Yeah, very weird. Coconaras are the shit. I'd say just try to manage the heat and packing better. I've never heard of a Hookah going bad in 5 months. Let alone a Mya. What type of shisha and bowl are you using? How many coals?

[quote name='kajon' date='11 February 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1265922621' post='450982']
take your bowl off and cover it with your finger then try and take a hit to see if something is leaking.
[/quote]

x2, one of my POS MYA hoses had several tiny holes in it from the factory, and I had a hard time isolating it down to the hose intil I put one of my other hoses on it....

Uhh, okay. What the people above me mean is before you put the bowl on, put your finger over the hole on the steam. Take a hit directly from the hose port. If you get air, theres an air leak. Find it, seal it, and it will make your smoking sessions a lot better.
If there's nothing wrong there, take your hose and put your finger over the other end of the hose. Take a hit and if you get air, there's a leak in your hose and you might need to get a new one.

[quote name='rhineholt' date='11 February 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1265935256' post='451022']
Uhh, okay. What the people above me mean is before you put the bowl on, put your finger over the hole on the steam. Take a hit directly from the hose port. If you get air, theres an air leak. Find it, seal it, and it will make your smoking sessions a lot better.
If there's nothing wrong there, take your hose and put your finger over the other end of the hose. Take a hit and if you get air, there's a leak in your hose and you might need to get a new one.
[/quote]

yep, that how i did it, except that I blew out underwater in a tab and saw it act like a bubblestone for an aquarium on the hose...

your purge valve could be stuck open too. BTW there's not hardly any difference between the odyssey and vortex except the vase. So... yeah. you can just buy a vase for 35 from southsmoke.com and call it a day if you want.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd suggest a Narbish v3 for a new hose if you haven't already bought one. Washable and smokes great. I personally like the design and quality of build better than a Nammor, even though Nammors are great hoses as well.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='28 February 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1267414768' post='454405']
Would a Narbish fit in the Mya hose port, I wonder?
[/quote]

Yes they do with a MYA grommet!

Well, no wonder, it's not a KM lol [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, it's all about packing skills and heat management skills. Try to pack differently, use a different bowl, more holes, less holes..ect. Even diff. tobacco helps.