Haiti

Rani

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2...tson/index.html[/url]

[url="http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/2010/1/14/rush_limbaugh_paints_haiti_relief_efforts.htm"]http://www.hispanicb...ief_efforts.htm[/url]

Unbelievable……..

It never ceases to amaze me that the ridiculous right continue to believe these people and their opinions have any value whatsoever. They've done more the hurt the conservative cause that any liberal argument ever has.

'Rani

So I'm guessing that if McCain had become President then Rush would be saying, "Oh, how great our McCain administration is for acting swiftly during this tragic event..."

I didn't hear Rush say SHIT about it taking Bush so long to respond to Katrina...

No matter who it is, these right-wing nuts will always bash the liberals, democrats, whatever you want to call them. The Dems are seen as weak just because they don't play the same little childish game right back.

I gotta give Obama props for his swift call to duty to help out the Haitians. All the conservatives who got something bad to say about it should just stfu. I'm seriously tired of hearing all about this political crap. Exactly why I stopped watching the news...

EDIT: The Robertson guy and Limbaugh are both idiots and I don't see how people can listen to and believe the crap they spew from their mouths... That is all.

First, from all the Christians, who are sane... Pat Robertson speaks for only himself, not us.

Second... Rush... well... can anyone tell me why he is still on the air... seriously.

Third...This is severely tragic. I truly feel bad for the Haitian People. They are in my prayers.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='14 January 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1263528989' post='445482']
So I'm guessing that if McCain had become President then Rush would be saying, "Oh, how great our McCain administration is for acting swiftly during this tragic event..."

I didn't hear Rush say SHIT about it taking Bush so long to respond to Katrina...

No matter who it is, these right-wing nuts will always bash the liberals, democrats, whatever you want to call them. The Dems are seen as weak just because they don't play the same little childish game right back.

I gotta give Obama props for his swift call to duty to help out the Haitians. All the conservatives who got something bad to say about it should just stfu. I'm seriously tired of hearing all about this political crap. Exactly why I stopped watching the news...

EDIT: The Robertson guy and Limbaugh are both idiots and I don't see how people can listen to and believe the crap they spew from their mouths... That is all.
[/quote]

I don't consider this a political issue. What baffles me are the individuals who give these people who continue to spew hatred and divisiveness even in the face of a human disaster some form of credence. Robertson has a huge following although every time I hear him open his mouth I personally wonder why he hasn't been tested for senile dementia. I long ago decided Limbaugh was a combination of 1) being so personally miserable that he had to spread his emotional ugliness to others, and, 2) so completely devoid of immorality that he would intentionally spread hatred not caring who it damages in interest of lining his own pockets. Both of them make money off this. The fact that they do is almost as horrifying at the disaster itself.

'Rani

[quote name='Stuie' date='14 January 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1263534848' post='445497']
First, from all the Christians, who are sane... Pat Robertson speaks for only himself, not us.

Third...This is severely tragic. I truly feel bad for the Haitian People. They are in my prayers.
[/quote]

So true. Pat Robertson is such a piece of work, it's truly incredible how a "Christian" or anyone for that matter could come out with comments like this after a horrific event, like this one in Haiti.
I feel awful for everyone whose been affected by this disaster and my thoughts and prayers go out to them. I'm sure you've all heard/seen this, but if you text "Haiti" to 90999 you can donate $10 to the Red Cross that is going directly to help the people of Haiti and relief efforts. It is completely legit and it's only $10. It's just added to your wireless bill. I did this yesterday afternoon after hearing about it.

If he's Christian then I'm a native american lesbian with split ends and 11 toes.

[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='15 January 2010 - 05:24 AM' timestamp='1263554660' post='445535']
If he's Christian then I'm a native american lesbian with split ends and 11 toes.

[/quote]

Hey baby....:wub:

...oh wait I miss read that.

I went to Haiti as part of a children-focused humanitarian aid effort when I was 16. That country will break your heart. So much suffering and desensitization because their living is so rough. It's a desolate land full of people low on hope because of a government that has fucked them over and over. Pat Robertson needs to...nevermind. He's not even worth a rant.

I think all us rational and compassionate human beings can say our thoughts and prayers are with them and I gotta say as I saw this first hand when I was there, EVERY bit helps, they're unbelievably poor and our money stretches REALLY far there.

God's punishing them for selling their souls to the devil, I'm very surprised you guys weren't aware. Oh yes, and Dark Lord Limbaugh says that this disaster was so Obama could get great PR and I agree!

On a real note, how many ways can you think of to murder Rush Limbaugh? Edited by Hippo_Master

I have been following this event since it happened. Tragic.

Shame on the hatemongers who have turned this into a politicized question. When politics become more important than people, fuck you.

What do you expect in the way of response? Just like New Orleans, they are non-whites (or regarded as such) and poor. Who was the first to step up to help? Haiti's traditional antagonist, The Dominican Republic. Within an hour of the Earthquake, Dominican help was on the way. A century of conflict and they magically just put their differences aside in a few minutes. How 'bout that?

I had a couple friends that went to Haiti years ago for missions and humanitarian aid. They were there 3 months. The majority of the island has no running water or any type of indoor plumbing or electricity.

How we take things for granted, like a hot shower, indoor bathroom, lights above our head. Money's tight but I am trying to find some to donate to the relief effort. There are many organizations, that will take your donations.

imb.org
redcross.org
salvationarmyusa.org

A lot of non profits you know of are probably aiding in someway, so check with them if you wish to donate.

[quote name='Rani' date='14 January 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1263528061' post='445479']
[url="http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2...tson/index.html[/url]

[url="http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/2010/1/14/rush_limbaugh_paints_haiti_relief_efforts.htm"]http://www.hispanicb...ief_efforts.htm[/url]

Unbelievable……..

It never ceases to amaze me that the ridiculous right continue to believe these people and their opinions have any value whatsoever. They've done more the hurt the conservative cause that any liberal argument ever has.

'Rani
[/quote]'

I'll see your nutjobs, and raise you a liberal wacco named Glover.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2594693/danny_glover_haiti_caused_by_failure.html

[quote name='Sonthert' date='16 January 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1263681567' post='445910']

Shame on the hatemongers who have turned this into a politicized question. When politics become more important than people, fuck you.

[b]What do you expect in the way of response? Just like New Orleans, they are non-whites (or regarded as such) and poor. Who was the first to step up to help? Haiti's traditional antagonist, The Dominican Republic. Within an hour of the Earthquake, Dominican help was on the way. A century of conflict and they magically just put their differences aside in a few minutes. How 'bout that?[/b]
[/quote]

Hmmmm. It really makes you think and question exactly what is behind these responses. Then again, I've come to expect something like this from Rush. I didn't know who Pat was. It goes to show that some people are more progressive than others. It's a beautiful thing when two countries forget their differences after 100 years of conflict only to assist the other. It also shows that it really doesn't matter which country is better based on wealth and material things. The North American people need to take notes from this behavior shown from the Dominican Republic. It shows that America is so busy trying to acquire wealth, power, and money, they chose to ignore what was basic: having the ability to put aside differences to help your fellow man (woman) in time of real need. From what it looks like based on The State's past responses, helping your fellow man is ok as long as they are white; Patt and Rush aught to be ashamed of themselves for acting like this.

Speaking of crazy people, I wonder what Faux News has to say about all of this.

[quote name='thatonethere' date='18 January 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1263869866' post='446272']
[quote name='Sonthert' date='16 January 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1263681567' post='445910']

[b]What do you expect in the way of response? Just like New Orleans, they are non-whites (or regarded as such) and poor. Who was the first to step up to help? Haiti's traditional antagonist, The Dominican Republic. Within an hour of the Earthquake, Dominican help was on the way. A century of conflict and they magically just put their differences aside in a few minutes. How 'bout that?[/b]
[/quote]

Hmmmm. It really makes you think and question exactly what is behind these responses. Then again, I've come to expect something like this from Rush. I didn't know who Pat was. It goes to show that some people are more progressive than others. It's a beautiful thing when two countries forget their differences after 100 years of conflict only to assist the other. It also shows that it really doesn't matter which country is better based on wealth and material things. The North American people need to take notes from this behavior shown from the Dominican Republic. It shows that America is so busy trying to acquire wealth, power, and money, they chose to ignore what was basic: having the ability to put aside differences to help your fellow man (woman) in time of real need. From what it looks like based on The State's past responses, helping your fellow man is ok as long as they are white; Patt and Rush aught to be ashamed of themselves for acting like this.

[/quote]

I think "inspiring" is the word I'd use in summary.

It took the Bush Administration over a week to get off his ass after Katrina hit. That was a hurricane. We knew it was strong and headed towards America. Obama, for all of his faults did move quickly on the Haiti Earthquake which struck with presumably no warning. I think the American Hegemony really isn't interested in helping after a disaster unless it comes to rebuilding and contracts for American companies. Thats why the endless war and bombings and the slow response to poor humans in need of help.

You're questioning what's behind my responses? Why?

[quote name='Sonthert' date='18 January 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1263881591' post='446332']
[quote name='thatonethere' date='18 January 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1263869866' post='446272']

[/quote]

[/quote]

It took the Bush Administration over a week to get off his ass after Katrina hit. That was a hurricane. We knew it was strong and headed towards America. Obama, for all of his faults did move quickly on the Haiti Earthquake which struck with presumably no warning. I think the American Hegemony really isn't interested in helping after a disaster unless it comes to rebuilding and contracts for American companies. Thats why the endless war and bombings and the slow response to poor humans in need of help.

[b]You're questioning what's behind my responses? Why?[/b]
[/quote]

I didn't mean to question what was behind your responses, I was questioning what was behind Pat and Rush's responses. Sorry for the confusion. I agree with what you said earlier. You made a good point.

[quote name='thatonethere' date='18 January 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1263881783' post='446333']
[quote name='Sonthert' date='18 January 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1263881591' post='446332']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]You're questioning what's behind my responses? Why?[/b]
[/quote]

I didn't mean to question what was behind your responses, I was questioning what was behind Pat, Rush', and the Bush Administration's responses. Sorry for the confusion. I agree with what you said earlier. You made a good point.
[/quote]

^^^^ I meant to say this, but I couldn't edit my original post:

The Katrina Fiasco was sat squarely on the federal govt, and I agree that their response could have been faster. But, really, if the CITY and STATE would have maintained the levies, if the CITY and STATE would have used the evacuation plan in place more than 24 hours before landfall, if the Mayor of New Orleans had a goddamn bit of sense, so much tragedy would have been averted. You've probably all seen the dozens of school buses that weren't used in the evacuation because of "insurance liabilities." Also, even if there would have been a faster response, you still couldn't go inside the city. Here's a recipe for disaster: send relief into a city shaped like a bowl full of seawater, sewage, and God only know what else. People were getting chemical burns from going in the water a few days after.

I agree that the the Haiti earthquake sucks. But like you guys have said, put people before politics. Over 65% of Haitians live below the extreme poverty line. 190,000 are living with AIDS. If we are really so concerned with Haiti's status, why the FUCK did it take us this long to see to it. I don't agree with Rush; far from it. But if we cared about this country like our government claims to, what have we been doing all this time? It's great that we're helping out. But saying that we're not there for political reasons is rubbish.

I am actually preparing to go to Haiti on Thursday. I am in the Air Force and primarily my job is a HH-60 Crew Chief. Our main mission is combat search and rescue, BUT we do respond to national disasters as well. And we will be sending some people(me included) down to Haiti shortly. I am sorry for them, although its going to be a rough TDY location to be at.

Hopefully we can help, aid, and save as many as possible.

i dont know how many of you read the onion but i found this pretty funny: [url="http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/gods_wrath_according_to_pat"]http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/gods_wrath_according_to_pat[/url]

[quote name='K1024' date='20 January 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1264018081' post='446648']
i dont know how many of you read the onion but i found this pretty funny: [url="http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/gods_wrath_according_to_pat"]http://www.theonion....ccording_to_pat[/url]
[/quote]

I read the onion all the time.... Holy crap that article is hilarious. Must say, the onion has gotten much much funnier recently.

Would you guys stop blaming every tragedy on someone? Seriously, everyone just jumps on this tragedy like a pack of hungry wolves on a deer. Does it make you feel righteous if you can find someone to blame? Bad things happen. We are giving amazing support to Haiti. Rescue crews are doing the absolute best job they can in this situation. More people will die, saddly, but that doesn't mean that someone is to blame for every single death. Just praise the amazing effort that is going on right now and stop being so hateful. Its a human quality that is really old and disgusting. So what if the governments response is pure political, who cares? The fact still remains that there is an ungodly amount of people and supplies being shipped over there to help, and thats good news in my book.

My heart truly goes out to Haiti. As of yesterday they had an aftershock of 6.1. Whatever was left standing is now not. The pictures i've seen and the reports i've read completely break my heart. It is vital that we help these people. I've had people challenge me with "okay...but who will help the US when we have a in need?" My answer to those people is "Likely nobody." Why? Because we've been so focused on making enemies in the past that we forget that we are breakable just like any other place in the world. Oddly enough when Katrina happened Bangladesh helped us out. But we are a super power. We have more money and resources then any other country and that is why we are required to help out these other people. What is a 3rd world country going to provide us with when we have a tragedy? A milking cow? We have mass production of that...wonderful gesture but even then they would still need it more then we would. In one of the reports i read a gentleman had just come back from Haiti and said "it basically exploded from the middle..." and i see and hear these children complaining and crying and whining because they can't have a cookie where i work...when the children in Haiti are likely lying under a house that has fallen not making a sound. We are a spoiled, destructive, hateful country. I'm thankful we've shown a bit of compassion for once. I'll just leave it at that.