Girl On Twitter Kills And Eats Her Cat Because Miley Cyrus Wouldn't Tweat Anymore...

Chreees

QUOTE (joytron @ Nov 24 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jacob Shock @ Nov 24 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (RogueSmoker @ Nov 24 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha I have seven cats even though sometimes they piss me off I'd never eat one.

BADASS MAN! i have 6 and guess what were having for thanksgiving!

Turkey?

"cat" food? Haha Edited by RogueSmoker

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Nov 24 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the love of it all... it was obviously originally written as an attempt at dark humor.

Damn thought police are out again.
If we are banning dark humor because some jackass can't figure out it isn't serious, then we have already lost. If you find someone to believe everything you read on the internet, then I contend that person is an idiot of exceptional standing.

While we are banning bad animal-involved humor, better ban any reference to Monty Python's dead parrot skit. that is just a stupid concept.

serious or in "stupid" humor its not something pet owners wana read about or see..theres nothing humorous about pain and killing of any animals even in a joking matter..

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Nov 24 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the love of it all... it was obviously originally written as an attempt at dark humor.

If we are banning dark humor because some jackass can't figure out it isn't serious, then we have already lost. If you find someone to believe everything you read on the internet, then I contend that person is an idiot of exceptional standing.

While we are banning bad animal-involved humor, better ban any reference to Monty Python's dead parrot skit. that is just a stupid concept.

serious or in "stupid" humor its not something pet owners wana read about or see..theres nothing humorous about pain and killing of any animals even in a joking matter..

We also forgot one thing..... Blackmail is a crime. And this was blackmail on that part of the girl trying to get Cyrus to do what she wanted her to do. So continuing it makes us publicists for the crime. Not a good thing.

'Rani

QUOTE (RogueSmoker @ Nov 24 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For goodness sake people it was a joke quit whining.

According to everything I've head, it wasn't a joke. She seriously threatened to kill and eat her cat if Cyrus didn't return to tweeting. It's such a weird thing. In most cases I'm more in favor of ignoring bad behavior rather than publish about it and giving it advertisement. Cyrus certainly ignored it. But I'm not sure someone shouldn't be prosecuted under these circumstances. It's not a huge step from that to "marry me or I'll have an abortion" now is it?

'Rani

I'm not going to argue. Yes, if it really is true that's quite sad and animal cruelty is straight forward f'ed up. Compairing it to abortion, yeah that's just as bad but I wouldn't compare it like that cause I'm pro-abortion.

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Nov 24 2009, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i actually don't mind the "pet threads"...

and don't lump pet owners into what you believe...like i said in the last thread, i am a pet owner...threads like these don't bother me much...

bottom line: if you don't want to read/see it...don't click the link. Edited by Arcane

QUOTE (RogueSmoker @ Nov 24 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not going to argue. Yes, if it really is true that's quite sad and animal cruelty is straight forward f'ed up. Compairing it to abortion, yeah that's just as bad but I wouldn't compare it like that cause I'm pro-abortion.

I'm also pro-choice, but that wasn't my point. My point was blackmail is illegal. And should be punished as such. The alternative is people being allowed to blackmail others to make them do whatever they want them to do - from the silly to the seriously life altering. You have to draw the line.

'Rani

QUOTE (RogueSmoker @ Nov 24 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i like that pro abortion. better than that "pro life" and "pro choice" bullshit. this is america. your eithor Pro-choice or Anti-choice. i always found it stupid how they used pro-life as a more "happy term" to say that other people should be able to make your choices for you.

or maybe im just Anti-life?

Article is definitely fake...or the author will be experiencing some 'fun' side effects pretty soon, as the liver from a cat is rather toxic to humans (gf is a 3rd year vet student). Though it would be better if the person really did eat the liver and ended up getting sick from it wink.gif, but, probably BS...people will do anything for attention on the interwebz.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='BohoWildChild' date='24 November 2009 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1259092498' post='431591']
QUOTE (RogueSmoker @ Nov 24 2009, 10:47 AM) For goodness sake people it was a joke quit whining.

According to everything I've head, it wasn't a joke. She seriously threatened to kill and eat her cat if Cyrus didn't return to tweeting. It's such a weird thing. In most cases I'm more in favor of ignoring bad behavior rather than publish about it and giving it advertisement. Cyrus certainly ignored it. But I'm not sure someone shouldn't be prosecuted under these circumstances. It's not a huge step from that to "marry me or I'll have an abortion" now is it?

'Rani
[/quote]

actually it is a pretty huge step. i don't think killing your cat, something that you neither conceived nor birthed is at all comparable to murdering your own flesh and blood. imo killing a pet is not even remotely close nor comparable to filicide.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='24 November 2009 - 07:37 AM' timestamp='1259077077' post='431526']
QUOTE 2nd the motion... Wait, I meant 3rd....... They are offensive. DelllllllllSollllllllllll!!!!!!!

How about a clousure and potential ban status should anyone be dumb enough to go there again?

Okay, Rani, I just saw this and was like what the hell, lol. I still don't quite understand this statement...
[/quote]

Certain subjects I believe aren't suitable for public purview. This being one of them. We've had two eating their pets threads. It's inappropriate because it encourages the "fame factor" attached to what is generally considered less than acceptable beharior. By keeping in on the boards we are in the same boat as the media who encourage bad behavior through their coverage. Let's be better than they are.

'Rani

First off... I am just not buying it... maybe I am wrong.

Second, If I am wrong... where is the ASPCA?

Third, If I am wrong, where are the FBI? FBI Profilers? Isn't this just the sort of thing that sends up red flags?!?!?!?!

Fourth, No pictures of her eating the cat or cooking it, so not buying it. PICS or IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

[quote name='Stuie' date='11 December 2009 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1260555867' post='437992']
First off... I am just not buying it... maybe I am wrong.

Second, If I am wrong... where is the ASPCA?

Third, If I am wrong, where are the FBI? FBI Profilers? Isn't this just the sort of thing that sends up red flags?!?!?!?!

Fourth, No pictures of her eating the cat or cooking it, so not buying it. PICS or IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
[/quote]

It's only illegal to eat a cat or dog in 7 states. Some cultures eat it regularly, and we are in America, so it will never be illegal. Most people don't give a shit about what happens to anything but their own pets. The only way to stop shit like this is kill off the "humans" sick enough to do this to a perfectly healthy animal, save the Asians and whoever else eats dog cause they love it.

I think definitely fake for one obvious reason. I believe it is a law (okay could be state law but would imagine most states have it on the books) that you cannot take your dead critter home with you. I know for a fact it isn't particularly enforced- but if the vet actually hated her for her request (as she said he did), he wouldn't have let her take Fluffy home.

I am confident Fluffy is alive and well. Edited by Vladimir

It's legal to consume dogs and cats in the united states. People generally are confounded by this practice since they are companion animals. As long as it was slaughtered humanely no authorities should get involved. In Texas, there are a number of horse meat processing plants.

• 4 weeks later...
Bleh, another instance of a emotionally disturbed person whose actions should not be related in any way to what could be thought of as "symptoms" (twitter, Slayer, Marilyn Manson, too much TV, whatever) versus their deep emotional problems and stupidity.

The American Media focuses on the irrelevant to divert attention away from the relevant.

The best solution is to ignore idiotic news items and change channels. When you get bored of flipping channels, turn it off. When you hear a story like this...ignore it. True or false, repeating it only diminishes our great country and allows the Media to tapdance around providing us with news.