Brand Loyalty...

lately i have been phasing out the AF from my life. their only good flavours imo are esk apple and grape.
nakhla has always been good to me, especially the mizo line.
being fairly new to tangiers (lucid only) i am extremely impressed with the flavours and quality.

basically... im torn between nakhla and tangiers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chinamon @ Aug 31 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lately i have been phasing out the AF from my life. their only good flavours imo are esk apple and grape.
nakhla has always been good to me, especially the mizo line.
being fairly new to tangiers (lucid only) i am extremely impressed with the flavours and quality.

basically... im torn between nakhla and tangiers.

nakhla just doesnt do it for me, tang, AF and layalina are the only brands i touch anymore, well except for one al amir flavor which is chocolate mint cause its the best one hands down lol. but other than that i smoke nothing else

Looks like Tangiers by a landslide... Nakhla in Second, Al Fakher a distant third...

I grew up on Nakhla, then Al Fakher took over as supreme, lately i havnt been as impressed... I havnt tried tangiers, i like to buy the tobacco retail and im not sure i want to do that whole acclimation thing... so....

Nakhla it is for me...

Thanks for all the votes of confidence.

I'd like to say I could make a better product at the same price or the same quality product at a lower price, but I can't. I will continue to try.

I won't let you down, I think everyday of you people voting for Tangiers by buying it and try to think of new ways to make it better or cheaper. Not a day goes by that I don't try to figure out a better way of doing it. I might call it a commitment, maybe others might too, but its really an all-consuming obsession with me.

Even when I'm not around here, you are always in my hearts each day. You give me strength and courage and determination.

Thank you.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Sep 1 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like to say I could make a better product at the same price or the same quality product at a lower price, but I can't. I will continue to try.

I won't let you down, I think everyday of you people voting for Tangiers by buying it and try to think of new ways to make it better or cheaper. Not a day goes by that I don't try to figure out a better way of doing it. I might call it a commitment, maybe others might too, but its really an all-consuming obsession with me.

Even when I'm not around here, you are always in my hearts each day. You give me strength and courage and determination.

Thank you.

wub.gif

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Sep 1 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you.

wub.gif +1

And people wonder why I only smoke Tangiers. Hookah.gif

I smoke 3 brands consistently...Romman, Nakhla, and Tangiers. Forced to choose one and only one... I couldn't I thought about it. But couldn't. Each has qualities I Love, but I couldn't pick just one. It would come down to the coin toss.

QUOTE (K1024 @ Sep 1 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nakhla but you cant acclimate tangiers in indiana so i have no idea how it is.

Maybe it's because I'm just naturally a stubborn wench but I don't buy the "I can't acclimate it here" stories. Humidity is the issue and humidity can be modified within any environment. You could add a humidifier, or run a dehumidifier depending on what your particular environment requires. Someway, somehow there's a way to make it work. If "can't" was a valid argument, we would have never accomplished anything in this world.

'Rani

QUOTE (K1024 @ Sep 2 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Sep 2 2009, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't say can't, I have been doing eric's new 4/20 setup, read about it in the acclimation thread, and it has so far been working for. previously, i had bought about 15 diff flavors and 2-3 of them acclimated for me. So def try some of the new methods for acclimation going around, they are easy, don't require much work at all, and so far is 2 for 2 for me.

Maybe it's because I'm just naturally a stubborn wench but I don't buy the "I can't acclimate it here" stories. Humidity is the issue and humidity can be modified within any environment. You could add a humidifier, or run a dehumidifier depending on what your particular environment requires. Someway, somehow there's a way to make it work. If "can't" was a valid argument, we would have never accomplished anything in this world.

'Rani

Only problem with the humidifier/dehumidifer is unless you buy a really pricey one, they actually let the humidity change drastically. I have a dehumidifer in my basement and it was giving me all kinds of problems with my tangiers. because it runs to a certain humidity, then shuts off, then goes on, off, on off. My friend brought over a humidity thermometer ... whatever they are called, and the humidity was jumping around quite a bit.

From what I have read online only the really expensive ones keep humidity at an EXACT or GOOD stable level.

But I do agree with you boho, should at least give it a try. I am thankful I did because flavors seem to be acclimating for me now with this new 4/20 dealio which is FREAKIN AWESOME!

QUOTE (ColibriDon @ Sep 1 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sonthert @ Sep 1 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you.

wub.gif +1

And people wonder why I only smoke Tangiers. Hookah.gif

agreed

tangiers has more flavors that are consistently good, nakhla has a few GREAT flavors and some very lackluster ones. i guess you could say the same for AF, as their esk. apple and mint are both in my top 5 but i can't think of any other AF flavor apart from those that would place in my top 15 or so.

so it's a hard decision for me. i'd probably go with tangiers in the end because i would enjoy the diversity if i was forced to only smoke that the rest of my life

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Sep 2 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'Rani

That's really not a good argument. You CAN alter the humidity, yes. But personally I'm not rich enough to afford a good enough system to let me do that. You also COULD pay the worlds 1000 best scientists lots and lots of cash and hope they'd be able to make the best shisha ever. So yeah, I'll go with the "Balthazar's mad scientist"-brand, except I'm not a billionaire. Point in case: I think most of us would like to be able to have good sessions without buying expensive humidifiers/dehumidifiers. It's not tangiers fault. It's not the consumers fault. But that's the way it is.

On a more serious note: It's hard to get Tangiers acclimated properly in Norway. Especially in the citiy I live in now. For this reason I'll go with Nakhla. Consistent, cheap, and gives me a more enjoyable buzz than the other brands. Tangiers would probably be up there with nak if I could get more of the flavors to acclimate properly. As of now, K-peach and Orange Soda are the only one that "works" for me (out of the flavors I've tried, that is). But I recently recieved some Melon Blend and K-cherry, excited to see if they'll "work".

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Sep 1 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you.

haha, seriously tho, eric, you are awesome.

For me, if cost was not a factor, Tangiers lucid. If cost is a factor, Layalina. I'm a poor college student so I can't afford 17 bucks a 250g for every session. I do agree Tangiers is worth the extra cost, but at the same time, if I have $12, I can only buy $12 worth of stuff, not $17 worth of stuff, no matter how much better the $17 stuff is.

Well, prices here in Denmark are way over the top.. I'm paying 26$ for 100g Starbuzz.

Just ordered 3x250g Tangiers lucid, and despite a delivery cost of 39$, it's still cheaper. Quite a bit actually =)

Plus, 50g Nakhla is 9.5$, and 50g Al Fakher is 12$.

QUOTE (detroitmak @ Aug 31 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I searched for a thread like this, but couldn't find one.

Many of us have our favorite brands and flavors, but, if you were forced to choose one brand to smoke from now on, which would you choose.

I know some brands make better flavors then others... but that's not what im asking, one brand, rest of your life... name your poison!

starbuzz probably because they have the best flavor selection