My New Homemade Hose!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eh, I need to get these out so I am just going to skip re-glueing these, just try not to get them wet...the yarn that is

Yo, Capt, Ashley, and Joytron, your hoses are packaged and ready to go. As long as everything goes to plan, I should get them out tomorrow. Jay, hopefully I will get your second hose done this weekend. PM me the colors you want for the second?

QUOTE (ashes87 @ Oct 2 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YAY!!! Im so excited to get my hose. I wish it had been shipped in time so Morgan could bring it to me this weekend since he is coming to visit but its all good smile.gif

I can ship them to your address if you would like. Technically its not a hookah. Just tell your dad its an arts and crafts project that a friend made. Let me know before tomorrow, either on here, text me, or call me.

If any of you who are getting these have any razan hoses laying around that aren't getting used, might try using the hosing off of it for these handles, this one turned out pretty BA in my opinion. Unfortunately, I need to take it back off and put it back on the razan. I told KBB I would rebuild the hose so I need to follow through with that.

my housemate and i made some hoses following the parts suggestions you had...and some time spent browsing around lowes pcv tubing sections. they arent decorated yet, but heres some preliminary photos.

the one i made:

uses plumbing traps, 45 degree angle, regular pvc, and hose connectors. its got a lot of work left to do for decoration and whats nots.

my housemate is still working out how he wants his hose...but heres a few pics

Edited by K1024

HOLY SHIT! That is fuckin A! You just blew all of my hoses out of the water! I bow down to you, sir I shall now go into hibernation and let you take over...I also now don't feel like I should even bother entering the contest anymore after seeing this, lol.

Hookah+lowes+guitar hero=total win! You have successfully found the solution to hands free hookah, congratulations!

IDEA TIME: use that hands free hose while driving. Think about it...put your Leila in your cup holder, wear your HFH (hands free hose) and go to town! You can drive around and smoke as much as you would like!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (delSol_si @ Oct 3 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOLY SHIT! That is fuckin A! You just blew all of my hoses out of the water! I bow down to you, sir I shall now go into hibernation and let you take over...I also now don't feel like I should even bother entering the contest anymore after seeing this, lol.

Hookah+lowes+guitar hero=total win! You have successfully found the solution to hands free hookah, congratulations!

IDEA TIME: use that hands free hose while driving. Think about it...put your Leila in your cup holder, wear your HFH (hands free hose) and go to town! You can drive around and smoke as much as you would like!!!!!!!!!

i have to disagree Tyler, your hoses are fantastic...maybe once mine are decorated theyll be up to that level..

definatly useful for driving, but i dont think it would be practical...the pvc would be really uncomfortable against the headrest...

thanks for all the positive feedback

dry.gif It's tough to follow up the hands free hose.

I would love to dye the tubing. Does anyone know anything about that, as far as safety is concerned?

[attachment=4249:IMAGE_053.jpg] Edited by momatik

QUOTE (momatik @ Oct 4 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dry.gif It's tough to follow up the hands free hose.

I would love to dye the tubing. Does anyone know anything about that, as far as safety is concerned?

[attachment=4249:IMAGE_053.jpg]

RIT dye. Seal off the inside of the hose so none gets in there though.
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=175117

Jay, I think I finally have yours done. I am not too happy about how the glue looks on the green/yellow one, but I am hoping once it dries more it will look better. I don't actually think it needs that much glue, as I have slipknoted it, but I really didn't want to take the chance of it coming apart. The red/yellow one has not been glued yet and the strings have not been trimmed yet, but will before shipping.

What do you think? Do they look ok? Did I get it close to the red/black one like you were wanting?

QUOTE (ammoura1 @ Oct 5 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These hoses are truly beautiful. If it is possible, can someone post a video on youtube showing us how to do it all (specially the threading).

thanks a bunch!

Ya, as soon as I get some time and figure out how to get my camera to do video I'll make an attempt. Beware though, the threading is very monotonous.

So I went to home depot, and they didn't have any of this stuff there. Their hose material was that plastic stuff that you see at hospitals, but it was stiff, and not very bendy. And I don't know where to get the handle material. Should I have gone to Lowes? McLendons? They had short lengths of PCV pipe I could have used for handles, but I didn't really look at connector parts much 'cause they didn't have the right tubing.