Glass Hookah Stems Are Ready!

Hey here are some quick snapshots of the hookah bowl that will come with your stem!

They are also available separately for $25 plus shipping. They have a glass on glass joint on the bottom and will fit a regular hookah with a rubber grommet.

Colors and new designed bowls are coming soon!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...September...Oh sweet Bright Futures scholarship. Once all of my scholarships hit in September, I'll definitely be sending in for one of these. You can bet your life on it!

Thank god my tuition and living are covered. tongue.gif This is education, amirite? wink.gif

I just packed one with some JM brand shisha (not sure how it compares to other tobacco's by weight) and it weighed 15 grams. That seems small compared to a tangiers phunnel since they say thiers can hold 35-40 grams, but it seems like a good size to me. I can make them bigger but i think the size is good. I smoke it for an hour and a half sometimes.

Thanks

Jake

QUOTE (Sisonpyh @ Aug 11 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much shisha does that phunnel hold?

What about a matching charcoal tray... maybe some colored glass for an accent? Looks out of place to throw a metal one on there...

Short of that, g'damn.. If I had $200 to throw down, this would be in the mail right now to me.. Edited by Barnaby

Ok ok, I'm off to the studio to make the freaking coal tray and retake photos! I just ran out of time before i went out of town to take the photos with them. They need to be borosilicate (pyrex is a name brand of this material) glass and I had to figure out a way to make them. I got it figured out so ill go make a few and post new photos tomorrow or tonight.

Thanks

Jake

** Color is costly, but very possible if desired.

QUOTE (Barnaby @ Aug 11 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about a matching charcoal tray... maybe some colored glass for an accent? Looks out of place to throw a metal one on there...

Short of that, g'damn.. If I had $200 to throw down, this would be in the mail right now to me..

Dang, there needed to be an "F" for "all the above". It took forever but I'm going with "C". smile.gif I'll catch you back over on the PM Jake.
I'm really excited and I have to say Jake that you have my complete admiration on pulling these off and being able to make them affordable. Two bills ain't chump change when it comes to a hookah by any means but with the time/effort/quality it looks like SERIOUS bang for the buck. I was not sure if you would be able to get them down to a price in that range.
I kinda expected you may get into this and realize for the time/effort/material cost that they would have to be out of most peoples range and I would have been the first to defend you if that was the way it had to be. I'll also be the first to say I'm damn glad that's not the case. You did us proud man!!!!

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Aug 11 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dang, there needed to be an "F" for "all the above". It took forever but I'm going with "C". smile.gif I'll catch you back over on the PM Jake.
I'm really excited and I have to say Jake that you have my complete admiration on pulling these off and being able to make them affordable. Two bills ain't chump change when it comes to a hookah by any means but with the time/effort/quality it looks like SERIOUS bang for the buck. I was not sure if you would be able to get them down to a price in that range.
I kinda expected you may get into this and realize for the time/effort/material cost that they would have to be out of most peoples range and I would have been the first to defend you if that was the way it had to be. I'll also be the first to say I'm damn glad that's not the case. You did us proud man!!!!

Second.

When September rolls around, I'm going to go with B. So sexy, I'm excited to finally get my hands on one of these things. smile.gif

QUOTE (poncho @ Aug 11 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just packed one with some JM brand shisha (not sure how it compares to other tobacco's by weight) and it weighed 15 grams. That seems small compared to a tangiers phunnel since they say thiers can hold 35-40 grams, but it seems like a good size to me. I can make them bigger but i think the size is good. I smoke it for an hour and a half sometimes.

Thanks

Jake

QUOTE (Sisonpyh @ Aug 11 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much shisha does that phunnel hold?

That is what I am looking for, I have a small phunnel that is great, but I usually only smoke for less than an hour. So with a mini phunnel I would be able to smoke all of it (or most of it) and not need to take the burned tobacco out, fluff the old tobacco etc. Plus a glass phunnel is just badass wink.gif . I might need to buy just the phunnel.

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Aug 11 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1

Hell. Yes.

Hopefully next month when I get back to college my financial aid money will be buying me a glass stem, probably type D. Very sexy.

Question about type D however, parts of the downstem look like they are really thin...how tight is the pull or is it fine? Do they all pull about the same?

Hey I just got back from the studio because I had to make the GLASS ASH TRAY that WILL COME with the purchase of a stem!

And everyone who said the metal one look out of place is 100% right! This makes it look so much better! I'm gonna make them a bit bigger than the one pictured but this one works for a prodo type!

Yes I can make an height adapter piece. It can be you choice of height, but 8 - 9 inches is a normal stem. Essentially the adapter piece is just an extra stem with different fittings on it. They are $75 at that height, but if shorter height desired, prices will reflect.

Thank

Jake

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Aug 11 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Poncho really quick, I remember in the other thread pieces could be added on to determine the height, is this still the case or are they all a standard height?

Its not as small as it looks, its very thick in those sections so you cannot see the inside wall diameter. The pull is almost the same on all of them, i haven't noticed any difference between them.

Thanks

Jake

QUOTE (Sordino @ Aug 11 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Question about type D however, parts of the downstem look like they are really thin...how tight is the pull or is it fine? Do they all pull about the same?

Edited by delSol_si
quote was messed up