Glass Hookah Stems Are Ready!

QUOTE (clickhea @ Aug 11 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
id be way too scared of breaking this thing while cleaning it

I'll only use mine on special occassions and bring it out at the beginning of the get-together and put it up before too many beers start going. He is using a much tougher glass than we are used to seeing when it comes to most hookah vases etc. and I've only broke one of those in my life. But I don't wanna take any chances with this one.... or at least not push my luck ohmy.gif

Hey Jake I see you sign your initials, can you personalize one? smile.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you've seen this thread before ---> http://www.hookahforum.com/?showtopic=28481&st=140 but they are really easy to clean since they come fully apart into many pieces. This makes them extremely easy to clean.

QUOTE (poncho @ Aug 11 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I can make an height adapter piece. It can be you choice of height, but 8 - 9 inches is a normal stem. Essentially the adapter piece is just an extra stem with different fittings on it. They are $75 at that height, but if shorter height desired, prices will reflect.

Thank

Jake

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Aug 11 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Poncho really quick, I remember in the other thread pieces could be added on to determine the height, is this still the case or are they all a standard height?

Alright sounds about right well how tall are the hookahs in your pictures (if you just have an estimate) looks to be about 30-32" which is perfect I was just wondering.

I could personalize one, I actually stamp them in. What exactly are you looking for? I don't know if i have the whole alphabet, but i can check tomorrow at the studio.

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Aug 11 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll only use mine on special occassions and bring it out at the beginning of the get-together and put it up before too many beers start going. He is using a much tougher glass than we are used to seeing when it comes to most hookah vases etc. and I've only broke one of those in my life. But I don't wanna take any chances with this one.... or at least not push my luck ohmy.gif

Hey Jake I see you sign your initials, can you personalize one? smile.gif

Everything is correct expect that $75 is for a extra stem of the same height as a normal stem. A replacement stem and an extender piece which would both be 8-9 inches tall is $75. If you want a shorter extension, the price will reflect.

QUOTE (vqturbo @ Aug 11 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So just for clarification
$200 - 5 designs of a glass stem
$50 - Extra for an addition of a different design
$75 - Extra for an extension piece of any height

Is that correct?

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Aug 11 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright sounds about right well how tall are the hookahs in your pictures (if you just have an estimate) looks to be about 30-32" which is perfect I was just wondering.

Yea the stem are around 22 inches tall, so add 10-12 inches depending on base. Right around your estimate! Edited by delSol_si
fixed quote

These are seriously incredible. Simple elegance... Also, in that pic above Poncho, why is the water brown? Isn't that a phunnel bowl on the hookah? Edited by Jeff_T

The water isn't brown, its a disgustingly ugly yellow and frosted vase. Got it from my brother's friend. Yes it is a phunnel style bowl.

QUOTE (Jeff_T @ Aug 12 2009, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are seriously incredible. Simple elegance... Also, in that pic above Poncho, why is the water brown? Isn't that a phunnel bowl on the hookah?

I have a question for ya, Poncho. I saw that you wrote that the purge valve is worked in the the down stem. But I can't picture the smoke going up the down stem and out the purge valve. Just because in my experience the only thing that goes up the down stem is when someone forces too much air into the vase and water rushes up.. Could you clarify please?

I hate to be the purist, but I'd have to go get a glass screen for that bowl.. I'd want everything all glass, and see through.. Be cool to have some glass fitted hoses, with a transparent washable tube...

I mean, why taint the look with anything else?? wink.gif

Im waiting for some of scalli's hose material, its on the way. I'll look into making some glass screens. And i should have clear base photos next week, and they will be available after that.

QUOTE (Barnaby @ Aug 12 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate to be the purist, but I'd have to go get a glass screen for that bowl.. I'd want everything all glass, and see through.. Be cool to have some glass fitted hoses, with a transparent washable tube...

Yes i think 2 hoses are possible but, it wont function like a normal 2 hose because it wont have the ball bearing block valves. So you would have to keep your thumb over the hose.

The purge is in the heart piece, not the downstem.

QUOTE (dizzbizz @ Aug 12 2009, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question for ya, Poncho. I saw that you wrote that the purge valve is worked in the the down stem. But I can't picture the smoke going up the down stem and out the purge valve. Just because in my experience the only thing that goes up the down stem is when someone forces too much air into the vase and water rushes up.. Could you clarify please?

QUOTE (poncho @ Aug 12 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im waiting for some of scalli's hose material, its on the way. I'll look into making some glass screens. And i should have clear base photos next week, and they will be available after that.

QUOTE (Barnaby @ Aug 12 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know the hose I have is black nylon and not clear right? Also after read you use a stamp I need to think about this.
I'm wondering what will work as a stamp? Will aluminum work? If so I may make a Jolly Roger or some kinda stamp. smile.gif

Yea i know, im not into the clear tubing anyway, I think the black will look awesome in contrast with the glass. If you want to make a small stamp (no bigger than the size of a penny or nickel) i'd be willing to try it for ya. I've used brass before, and these are steel, but i know some people even use graphite. I prefer a metal because i feel the cool sharp edge makes a better stamp. The graphite doesn't cool the glass down enough to get a nice detailed stamp, the metal takes much more heat out of it, creating a better imprint. Send me a pm and i'll send ya my cell number and we can talk about the best route if you do want to make a stamp.

Jake

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Aug 12 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know the hose I have is black nylon and not clear right? Also after read you use a stamp I need to think about this.
I'm wondering what will work as a stamp? Will aluminum work? If so I may make a Jolly Roger or some kinda stamp. smile.gif

Edited by delSol_si
fixed quote

So smoke in glass completely "solidifies"..is it possible to add "runnels" or stems of glass interspersing the smoke as it goes through the base? like criss-cross pattern? Or would it still "solidify" even past that? (that make sense?)

Edit: something would be awesome like the center stem would be twisting tubes intertwining...double helix style / triple helix. Edited by redjako

i agree red that would be awesome, but in all honesty I'm impressed he's able to make these (and at the cost!) I'm not sure how much skill it takes but it seems it'd be a hell of a lot.

Now I wait for a glass windcover *muah hahaha*

Yes, more technical stuff is possible. Right now no, i need some time to experiment but i have some crazy ideas on stuff like this. And i dont think smoke ever solidifies, glass on the other hand does. Smoke is never at a solid state.

QUOTE (redjako @ Aug 13 2009, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So smoke in glass completely "solidifies"..is it possible to add "runnels" or stems of glass interspersing the smoke as it goes through the base? like criss-cross pattern? Or would it still "solidify" even past that? (that make sense?)

Edit: something would be awesome like the center stem would be twisting tubes intertwining...double helix style / triple helix.

Nice biggrin.gif

I meant as far as the opaqueness of the smoke solidifying...I always enjoy (drunk many times) to blow smoke into empty vodka bottles and watch it whisp around, thats what I'm getting it, if some crazy design with "obstruction" type glass pieces within the stem would be able to keep that smoke that you are pulling constantly swirling / whisping about, rather then going a solid opaque.

Yes, I would pay biggrin.gif HAHAAHA

Send me a private message, i could work something out most likely.

QUOTE (redjako @ Aug 13 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice biggrin.gif

I meant as far as the opaqueness of the smoke solidifying...I always enjoy (drunk many times) to blow smoke into empty vodka bottles and watch it whisp around, thats what I'm getting it, if some crazy design with "obstruction" type glass pieces within the stem would be able to keep that smoke that you are pulling constantly swirling / whisping about, rather then going a solid opaque.

Yes, I would pay biggrin.gif HAHAAHA