So I Hear Someone Bought Hd....

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see why everyone hates this site so much. Trust me I don't like the site either but its an easy way to make money. This happens all the time someone was more innovative then everyone else and now he is selling his idea. I am not sure how that site can get any worst. I think everyone who advertises on there could probably make more money if they put discounts on items instead of paying for a banner.

Basically, it goes from one wanker to another tongue.gif.

We don't like Jake and HD for having the balls to come here, ask for ideas and banners, steal them never to be seen again. To make it all the funnier, I could say nearly half if not more of HD's traffic is HF biggrin.gif

As for Neal.... don't even bother asking.

Excellent. Now the necrosis that is the inner workings of HD will bubble to the surface. I heard bad things from a few friends that had done some heavy recruiting for HD in order to take advantage of some tobacco giveaways that the site touted. They hit all thier targets, but never received any tobacco and didn't receive any responses. As for the offshoot that is www.2good2betruecolorvomitgiveaway.com, I'm indifferent. At least they had the sense to break away and tried to do something different, even if it is the muppet show of hookah websites. Edited by BBKakes

I wanted to share this with you guys but I thought maybe I wasn't supposed to discuss other forums here, since we are enjoy this. As a vendor I should be "cool" with every forum and stay neutral but I stopped posting there a few months back when they "unbanned" Neal. Once I heard he was buying the site last week I posted this letter below over there. It was deleted in 5 minutes, hope you like my take on this, it got me banned which I knew was coming. Neal sent me a message asking me to remove anything "CH" related to my profile etc. Now when a respectable person asks me to do that, not naming names here Mush, it took so much personal debate over principle and reason and time. When Neal asks me to do it it's like yea whatever DB:

In case you are wondering I have stopped posting and advertising here a few months back. I really take this seriously since I'm not just a vendor that sells whatever I can to make money; hookah is a passion for me. You all know I introduced one of the markets best coals and you all have been supportive of that, and I thank you for that. But a few months back HD decided to take back a banned vendor even after a whole "ripoff" report was filed by HD (just google neal with world hookah and you'll know what I mean, anonymous in jacksonville is actually Jake) Somebody bought somebody off and somebody is somebody's bitch apparently. Whatever the case, HD sold out, specifically sold out this forum to Neal with world hookah.
Now, I have many competitors in this industry yet we all have a mutual respect for each other, well that is except for Neal with world hookah. Everywhere I go to buy product (well not everywhere as neal will never know everything about this industry) I hear how Neal has a hard on for me and wants to “destroy” me and my business and steal my and our competitions databases illegally. This is coming from someone who avoided paying taxes in NV and has a criminal record. What did I do? I have no clue. Competition is healthy but not this way.
I am hereby officially leaving this community, from which I have many friends/supporter/customers (my apologies to you guys) since this forum is now run by such an individual. HD, get ready for all of your sponsors to follow suit and stop paying for any advertisements with this new transition. I am a member of every other hookah forum around (which Neal has been banned from each and every one) and as a vendor it is wise for me to "go with the flow" and accept certain things I don't agree with for the sake of business, but this is just too much for me to swallow. For you new people here that may have just joined I apologize for the drama, same goes for all of my friends here. This post will not last so read it while you can.
Good riddens HD!
John aka hookahjohn

What I don't care for is the slaphappy editing that happens the second sopmeone posts something on that site that is not kosher with them, of which I have heard many stories and all I have heard about unfair bans and shady dealings (miniphunnel deal).

Other than that I have no real beef, it's just not my scene at all. The whole college age social let's be beautiful and cool and smoke thing is silly to me, fine if ya like it but just not for me.

Thanks for sharing John.

QUOTE (BBKakes @ Apr 20 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent. Now the necrosis that is the inner workings of HD will bubble to the surface. I heard bad things from a few friends that had done some heavy recruiting for HD in order to take advantage of some tobacco giveaways that the site touted. They hit all thier targets, but never received any tobacco and didn't receive any responses. As for the offshoot that is www.2good2betruecolorvomitgiveaway.com, I'm indifferent. At least they had the sense to break away and tried to do something different, even if it is the muppet show of hookah websites.

i remember the whole fantasia flavor of the month ordeal... he hes hundreds of people to subscribe to to it, recieves several kilos of shisha then no one ever recieves it...

Wow...
I personally have nothing against Neal, and I wish him the best of luck.
Jake build an awesome community (albeit full of ads) and I hope Neal doesnt figure out a way to ruin it...

QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 20 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its soemthing of interest to us older members.

Guess who bought it......

First two guess from me would be either Neal or Gabe...looks like its Neal. With Jake's reign of terror there was nothing but whoring for money. What was the money for? A hookah lounge. Yup, HG started up because of Jake...the staff members saw too much screwing around(FOTM where he supposedly got raided, really that stuff got saved for his new lounge, miniphunnels, you know that money went there...no one got their money back and no one has seen the things, posts asking where peoples' were were immediately deleted with bans following. O and lets not forget how Jake scammed Mya-Saray: He talked them into giving each staff member a hookah of their choice. The staff picked, they were shipped to Jake, Jake took pics and posted, but no one ever received them...went to his new lounge.) HG just got that staff hookah deal, I got to smoke out of one of them...Jake was reported but nothing was ever done.
But ya, HD will crash and burn now with Neal running the show. I did lol a lil inside to this.

QUOTE (BBKakes @ Apr 20 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent. Now the necrosis that is the inner workings of HD will bubble to the surface. I heard bad things from a few friends that had done some heavy recruiting for HD in order to take advantage of some tobacco giveaways that the site touted. They hit all thier targets, but never received any tobacco and didn't receive any responses. As for the offshoot that is www.2good2betruecolorvomitgiveaway.com, I'm indifferent. At least they had the sense to break away and tried to do something different, even if it is the muppet show of hookah websites.

The only thing I see wrong with HG is their fanboyism with Hookah Hookah and Hookah Freak. The site is legit, they aren't making any money. They do tons of reviews, help vendors out(and vendors do right back), and give stuff away. Yes, its an advertiser playground, but damn is it a nice one.
Speaking of...Mush, HG still wants to get in with here(affiliate), just that the person who would make contact with you is very very busy with work, don't know if they would be welcome in this ballpark

QUOTE (HookahJohn @ Apr 20 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanted to share this with you guys but I thought maybe I wasn't supposed to discuss other forums here, since we are enjoy this. As a vendor I should be "cool" with every forum and stay neutral but I stopped posting there a few months back when they "unbanned" Neal. Once I heard he was buying the site last week I posted this letter below over there. It was deleted in 5 minutes, hope you like my take on this, it got me banned which I knew was coming. Neal sent me a message asking me to remove anything "CH" related to my profile etc. Now when a respectable person asks me to do that, not naming names here Mush, it took so much personal debate over principle and reason and time. When Neal asks me to do it it's like yea whatever DB:

In case you are wondering I have stopped posting and advertising here a few months back. I really take this seriously since I'm not just a vendor that sells whatever I can to make money; hookah is a passion for me. You all know I introduced one of the markets best coals and you all have been supportive of that, and I thank you for that. But a few months back HD decided to take back a banned vendor even after a whole "ripoff" report was filed by HD (just google neal with world hookah and you'll know what I mean, anonymous in jacksonville is actually Jake) Somebody bought somebody off and somebody is somebody's bitch apparently. Whatever the case, HD sold out, specifically sold out this forum to Neal with world hookah.
Now, I have many competitors in this industry yet we all have a mutual respect for each other, well that is except for Neal with world hookah. Everywhere I go to buy product (well not everywhere as neal will never know everything about this industry) I hear how Neal has a hard on for me and wants to "destroy" me and my business and steal my and our competitions databases illegally. This is coming from someone who avoided paying taxes in NV and has a criminal record. What did I do? I have no clue. Competition is healthy but not this way.
I am hereby officially leaving this community, from which I have many friends/supporter/customers (my apologies to you guys) since this forum is now run by such an individual. HD, get ready for all of your sponsors to follow suit and stop paying for any advertisements with this new transition. I am a member of every other hookah forum around (which Neal has been banned from each and every one) and as a vendor it is wise for me to "go with the flow" and accept certain things I don't agree with for the sake of business, but this is just too much for me to swallow. For you new people here that may have just joined I apologize for the drama, same goes for all of my friends here. This post will not last so read it while you can.
Good riddens HD!
John aka hookahjohn

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to the tenth power

I don't know any of the drama from HD...I don't think I need to, that site is horrible.

As for John, much respect. smile.gif Seriously, it is great to see the integrity shine through here. Good prices, great service, great shipping times, and a great guy, that's really all you can ask for from a vendor.

to be honest. i came here, went to hd and tried to be a member there....WAYYYYYYY to confusing. I might just be a little slow but their shit isnt as easily accessible as my home(hookahforum) is. Hell, you need an account to see things there, where as here, you can be a lurker and still get info, and hopefully join to help others out.