Never In My Life Have I Been So Offended. This Is Absolutely Ridiculous.

Who gives a shit if you were to walk in to a store and have the owner,associate talk to you in that manner what would you do? hopefully tell them to F off and never do business with them again. He was robbed to bad im sorry for your losses but does lashing out at your source of income better your situation absolutely not. Why would you call someone leave them a vulgar message then think an apology in any form would recitify this situation that is unprofessionalism at it finest.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Nirguna @ Jun 13 2008, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MatthewLee @ Jun 13 2008, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not surprised.
Place looks mad shady from the pics they have on their website.

And I love this line :
"Holly screwed up, he took it out on the wrong person."

Great, so now I have visons of some female getting verbally destroyed by this character.
Guy sounds like a real piece of work.

p.s.
I've already read all the 'dick riders' excuses for this guy, so please don't repost and try to convince me otherwise.

And you seem to have made up your mind without considering the other people who have had nothing but great dealings with Neal. The OP has had his issues resolved, Neal has apologised for his conduct to the OP. Move on.
Yes it was unprofessional - however - unless you know the whole story, I'd suggest you just keep your opinions to yourself.

Want to purchase your supplies elsewhere? Fine. Do so. It's a free country. You however seem like you have your own agenda against him.

@ Big Boss - this time (as far as I know) yes, he was raided. He's also been robbed recently (by a previously trusted party) of a few thousand dollars

and um..who exactly are you with 10 posts? And what personal experience have you had with him and his business, and er...what's your connection being in the UK and all?

I for one will never order from Neal again. Treating a customer and an employee like that is unacceptable. I was also weary of ordering from him because "global420" isnt a name of a website that I want to be associated with. I remember a few months ago someone posted that same argument and got flamed for it but that name alone just looks shady.

I am not disputing the fact that neal was wrong in the way he treated the customer, BUT Mr. Mushrat, I think you should let him chime in with his explanation of the situation and rescind his ban at least temporarily.

In my opinion, I think that it would be appropriate and for the good of the hookah community to give him the opportunity to explain himself. There is no sense in having everyone else post their opinion on this topic and not letting the shop owner explain himself.....GIVE THE MAN THE CHANCE TO EXPLAIN HIMSELF.

To hell with DPG and there business after this. This is PATHETIC! Ive never orderd from them, because I always had a bad feeling about neal, but thats jut my personal opinion. I could never ever imagine this happening.

I'll be sticking with MN for good now...

QUOTE (ronald_dooley @ Jun 13 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why you guys do business with this "Neal" character in the first place since it seems like people universally consider him to be a sketchy, unreliable, abusive businessman.

Like I said, contact the BBB and don't buy anything from him again. No need to post Jesus-like "Behold! I am the innocent, abused lamb" posts. Even if his response is unjustified, I know enough about customer service to know that, from what you described, you probably bugged him to the breaking point every day for weeks.

- Ronald

if you knew anything about customer service you would know that the customer is always right and that your never supposed to abuse a customer.if anyone is ever rude to me as a customer i go out of my way to get them repremanded as every job ive worked has been customer service based.ive lost lots of money on tile jobs as the customer didnt like the way the job was done(they were wrong)but didnt call them a piece of shit and bail on them.if someone did that to me id beat their ass Edited by Dereksd

The Devil's Playground does have a VALID business license for both the shop and lounge which I have attached below.

You should do your research before posting slanderous statements mushrat.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jun 13 2008, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your impression is wrong. neal has run a business without a business lisence, has run a business without an occupance permit, has not paid his tobacco taxes apparently, and has repackaged tobacco without a permit. He has also tried to figure out ways to avoid paying taxes on the tobacco. One great idea is to sell stickers for money, then you can turn in your sticker for a free bowl of tobacco to smoke, thuis he's not selling tobacco. so he doesnt have to pay the taxes eyc. This sounds like a professional business man to YOU?

QUOTE (ronald_dooley @ Jun 13 2008, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't believe you. I think you probably pestered him five times a day like an impatient child for weeks, and he finally blew his top. Now you are taking your frustration out on him by trying to publicly drag his name through the mud.

Was his response appropriate? No. But stop being a tool. You're just embarrassing yourself. Suck it up, report it to the BBB, and buy from somewhere else if you're that upset at TDP.

-Ronald

p.s. - ah, I just noticed your big-font, red explanation that everything is cool and he's a real gentleman. Nice... after you've already publicly eviscerated him. After this worthless thread, my impression is that this "Neal" guy is just a normal businessman who made a mistake, and you are an immature sad act.

your impression is wrong. neal has run a business without a business lisence, has run a business without an occupance permit, has not paid his tobacco taxes apparently, and has repackaged tobacco without a permit. He has also tried to figure out ways to avoid paying taxes on the tobacco. One great idea is to sell stickers for money, then you can turn in your sticker for a free bowl of tobacco to smoke, thuis he's not selling tobacco. so he doesnt have to pay the taxes eyc. This sounds like a professional business man to YOU?

I suggest you watch calling other members a tool. Can get you in trouble.

if you had read this right you would realize that has is used in the pretexts of has in the past not currently so you should look into things more closely before jumping to conclusions Edited by Dereksd

QUOTE (click267 @ Jun 14 2008, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Devil's Playground does have a VALID business license for both the shop and lounge which I have attached below.

is it slander when, it is the truth?
so upon reading ive realize that there are very many people who agree that neal is a very shady guy, and personally don't trust the guy because of his past actions.
i agree 100% with mush and derek on this one, the fact is that he doesn't know how to treat his own damn customers, and since he was shady from the beggining im more than positive that he will always just another person who cheats the system.

that's who he is, so stop defending him. he's a big boy.

this topic and the people who think neal has done nothing wrong, appaul me to say the least.

QUOTE (click267 @ Jun 14 2008, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny, the business lisence for the lounge is dated 5/29/08. and we KNOW he's been open longer than that, as he himself stated he got shut down at one point for not having the business lisence yet. So YOU may want to look at the DATES before you take other's to task. dry.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jun 14 2008, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (click267 @ Jun 14 2008, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny, the business lisence for the lounge is dated 5/29/08. and we KNOW he's been open longer than that, as he himself stated he got shut down at one point for not having the business lisence yet. So YOU may want to look at the DATES before you take other's to task. dry.gif

pwned =D

QUOTE (Dereksd @ Jun 14 2008, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ronald_dooley @ Jun 13 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why you guys do business with this "Neal" character in the first place since it seems like people universally consider him to be a sketchy, unreliable, abusive businessman.

Like I said, contact the BBB and don't buy anything from him again. No need to post Jesus-like "Behold! I am the innocent, abused lamb" posts. Even if his response is unjustified, I know enough about customer service to know that, from what you described, you probably bugged him to the breaking point every day for weeks.

- Ronald

if you knew anything about customer service you would know that the customer is always right and that your never supposed to abuse a customer.if anyone is ever rude to me as a customer i go out of my way to get them repremanded as every job ive worked has been customer service based.ive lost lots of money on tile jobs as the customer didnt like the way the job was done(they were wrong)but didnt call them a piece of shit and bail on them.if someone did that to me id beat their ass

Actually, if you are in business you learn the cutomer isn't always right. Sometimes they are just plain wrong and you have to tactfully point that out. But HOW you handle a situation is the important part.

Another question..if he blames holly for everything and verbally abuses her on web cam, why are all the business lisences in HER name? Does Neal even own the shops? And why does Holly put up with this kind of treatment if she can just walk away and take his ability to do business with im. And why doesn't he have the businesses in HIS name?

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jun 14 2008, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another question..if he blames holly for everything and verbally abuses her on web cam, why are all the business lisences in HER name? Does Neal even own the shops? And why does Holly put up with this kind of treatment if she can just walk away and take his ability to do business with im. And why doesn't he have the businesses in HIS name?

...in wanting to stay out of all this (MNH is all I need) I have wondered the same thing myself .......

Search for existing businesses
within the corporate limits of the City of Las Vegas ONLY
1) Search by:
business name [ partial match ]
business address [ partial match; See Tips ]
business license [ EXACT match ]
owner name [ partial match ]
business category code [Use 3-char code] show me all codes
new licenses issued the last 7 days

2) Show licenses per page [ 2~100max ]
3) Search for

4) Wrap text in columns to fit screen, for printing.
5)

HELP! - Show me the search tips please!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business Name
Type of Business
Address
Zip
Phone
License #
Issued
Status
Owner
Owner title

DEVILS PLAYGROUND SMOKE SHOP NOVELTY SHOP 4343 N RANCHO DR 106 89108 655 5734 C05-02516 3/14/2007 Active MOORE HOLLY OWNER

DEVILS PLAYGROUND SMOKE SHOP SMOKE SHOP 4343 N RANCHO DR 106 89108 396 6662 G04-06439 3/14/2007 Active MOORE HOLLY OWNER

DEVILS PLAYGROUND SMOKE SHOP T TOBACCO SALES 3900 N RANCHO DR 104 89130 C05-02616 5/29/2008 Active MOORE HOLLY OWNER 100%

DEVILS PLAYGROUND SMOKE SHOP T SMOKE SHOP 3900 N RANCHO DR 104 89130 G04-06791 5/29/2008 Active MOORE HOLLY OWNER

In case you are wondering what we are talking about.

i think why this is a big deal for me personally is that when i first joined the forum back in November and the months following, the DPG was THE place to order from. soooo many people saying it's the only place they order from, they have the best customer service, etc etc. well, i believed it so i ordered a bit of something from them and got my order a month late with no compensation. now all this happens, and neal is banned, wow. he fell a long way i think. the way he's dealt with people, in my own experience and from what i've heard, this dude DOES NOT know how to run a business. in all honesty, i just fell for the "free shipping" gimmick, as im sure many of us did. fuck that. i'd rather pay shipping and get what i paid for in a prompt manner. there's no need to defend this guy. there's a history here, it's not just this one incident.

oh, and NEVER YELL AT A CUSTOMER. that's pretty basic. NEVER NEVER NEVER.

For those who don't understand why a man would place a business under the name of a woman he loathes... here's a primer on cynical small-business/government relations:

Federal and State laws often have built-in advantages for "minority-owned" businesses (sometimes favorable contracts, tax incentives, priority licensing, etc.). This system was designed back in the day to encourage discriminated ethnic minorities (i.e., black people) to build their own businesses.

Flip forward a few decades, the laws are being abused. Now, women count as a minority (even white women), and any two-bit redneck like "Neil" can make his loser girlfriend sign a few papers and presto! It's a minority-owned business, and the white boy reaps the benefits.

It happens all the time.

Oh... for the record, I am not saying that it is ok for this "Neil" guy to yell or curse at a customer. I just don't buy the original poster's story of "Oh, I was so nice and patient... and this barbarian just started screaming at me for no reason!" ... gimme a break.

- Ronald

p.s. - I mean, if I get arrested for fighting, I'll at least tell the cop, "Okay, okay.... yes, I called his girlfriend a ho and I poured beer on his shirt, but then he swung at me."

I try not to assume that people are so stupid that they are gonna believe shit like, "I was just minding my business! This guy walked up to me from across the bar and hit me for no reason!" Edited by ronald_dooley

Ronald- thats whats so fucking hard to understand about all this.

It DID come out of nowhere! By all means am I one to accept responsibility, but I am not responsible for this.

What is so ridiculous about this was it was a COMPLETELY unwarranted attack that came out of absolutely nowhere!!! I am NOT one to exaggerate, this was completely uncalled for.

He has since apologized so I'm not gonna keep badmouthing him but I am not going to sit here and be blamed for his unprovoked attack.

I admit it does look sketchy and like Id be the one to blame, but it WAS unprovoked and thats whats so mind blowing about the whole damn situation. Edited by bjelder

QUOTE (ronald_dooley @ Jun 14 2008, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those who don't understand why a man would place a business under the name of a woman he loathes... here's a primer on cynical small-business/government relations:

Federal and State laws often have built-in advantages for "minority-owned" businesses (sometimes favorable contracts, tax incentives, priority licensing, etc.). This system was designed back in the day to encourage discriminated ethnic minorities (i.e., black people) to build their own businesses.

Flip forward a few decades, the laws are being abused. Now, women count as a minority (even white women), and any two-bit redneck like "Neil" can make his loser girlfriend sign a few papers and presto! It's a minority-owned business, and the white boy reaps the benefits.

It happens all the time.

Oh... for the record, I am not saying that it is ok for this "Neil" guy to yell or curse at a customer. I just don't buy the original poster's story of "Oh, I was so nice and patient... and this barbarian just started screaming at me for no reason!" ... gimme a break.

- Ronald

p.s. - I mean, if I get arrested for fighting, I'll at least tell the cop, "Okay, okay.... yes, I called his girlfriend a ho and I poured beer on his shirt, but then he swung at me."

I try not to assume that people are so stupid that they are gonna believe shit like, "I was just minding my business! This guy walked up to me from across the bar and hit me for no reason!"

There could also be soemthing on his record that won't allow him to get the business lisence..like say an outstanding warrent he got popped for a while back?

And actually, neal does pretty much go off without provocation. I speak from experience so it is entirely possible the OP was "minding his own business."

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jun 14 2008, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ronald_dooley @ Jun 14 2008, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It happens all the time.

- Ronald

I try not to assume that people are so stupid that they are gonna believe shit like, "I was just minding my business! This guy walked up to me from across the bar and hit me for no reason!"

There could also be soemthing on his record that won't allow him to get the business lisence..like say an outstanding warrent he got popped for a while back?

And actually, neal does pretty much go off without provocation. I speak from experience so it is entirely possible the OP was "minding his own business."

tru dat!

Well... then this Neil character must be on drugs or something. Either that or he's an idiot who can't run a business for squat.

He does have a few defenders here, though, it seems... so clearly not everyone thinks he is insane.

- Ronald

p.s. - I know at least one thing, though... no way in hell am I ever ordering anything from this guy or his company. Edited by ronald_dooley

QUOTE (ronald_dooley @ Jun 14 2008, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well... then this Neil character must be on drugs or something. Either that or he's an idiot who can't run a business for squat.

He does have a few defenders here, though, it seems... so clearly not everyone thinks he is insane.

not likely, then he would`ve been a lot more laidback and he wouldn`t have made such an ass out of himself.