Tangiers Bowl Packing Video

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 2 2008, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I placed them in the Video section. I'll have to figure out how to code a little so I can get the spacing to come out right but you get the idea....

http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showforum=42

Cool, Thanks Mushrat. I was going to embed them but I wanted to make sure everything was cool with the forums and the recent bandwidth problems. I hope these videos help out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ May 2 2008, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ May 2 2008, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I placed them in the Video section. I'll have to figure out how to code a little so I can get the spacing to come out right but you get the idea....

http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showforum=42

Cool, Thanks Mushrat. I was going to embed them but I wanted to make sure everything was cool with the forums and the recent bandwidth problems. I hope these videos help out.

That's cool..
I havent seen the forum crash in 2 nights now so it looks like we may be good.

Snoop thanks so much for the video. You really get a sense of hOW much your packin too by the amount in your fingers JUST as you place it in the bowl. Well done my friend.

Also, the more videos of people packing bowls of tangiers, the better IMO. It gives those of us who are tryin to master the art, to really get a sense of packing the bowl. And often times its not just 1 thing, its lots of little itty bitty things that make the difference.

Like when you said "the more you play with it, the less likely you packed a good bowl" - that really hit home with me, becuase im always playin with it.

Again, thanks so much!

Cheers!

Thanks for the video! Too bad that you can't see so much at the packing of the bowl. Aren't three coconaras too much? Eric always tells us to use little heat. Coconaras should burn hotter than Japanese coal. Aren't they?

I used your vid as a guide for setting up my Tangiers with my new coconaras just now. I think I didn't accimate it enough, but with 2 cocos it's great. I'm getting really good flavor (it's Mint) and decent smoke with no harshness at all. Thanks much Snoop!

awesome vid snoopy im gonna try my second attempt at tangiers in a bit.also who gets first puff usualy you or your beard!you are a man among men with that bad boy! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Texico @ May 2 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used your vid as a guide for setting up my Tangiers with my new coconaras just now. I think I didn't accimate it enough, but with 2 cocos it's great. I'm getting really good flavor (it's Mint) and decent smoke with no harshness at all. Thanks much Snoop!

I am glad it helped you out. I am using 2 coconaras right now and I am getting great smoke. 3 may seem like a lot to some, but it really is not once you know the heat management, Tangiers is a pretty forgiving tobacco. I have burnt it, and recovered it many times.

So, Tangiers...

1. cannot be packed too tight
2. cannot be packed too loose
3. has to be touching the side
4. has to be touching the middle
5. has to be packed to the top (or higher)

how are these able to coexist?

QUOTE (StarCuzz @ May 3 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, Tangiers...

1. cannot be packed too tight
2. cannot be packed too loose
3. has to be touching the side
4. has to be touching the middle
5. has to be packed to the top (or higher)

how are these able to coexist?

whats so difficult to understand..?

dunno about you guys but when i packed tangiers in my phake foil phunnel it smoked perfectly..and when seanij packed it in his phunnel to smoke it was perfect too. i guess they do things differently in america?

• 1 month later...
Snoopy man I just used your vids to load my first bowl of tangiers and only 5 pulls in it's great, the smoke feels a little warm, but nothing that's making me cough, First pull filled my base with smoke, thanks!

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Jun 8 2008, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snoopy man I just used your vids to load my first bowl of tangiers and only 5 pulls in it's great, the smoke feels a little warm, but nothing that's making me cough, First pull filled my base with smoke, thanks!

Glad it helped you out!! That makes me feel good that more have benefited from that video.

Hey snoop- just packed another tangiers bowl according to your vid but I had one question. How high does the shisha usually stick above the edges of the phunnel? before you put the foil on Edited by bjelder

QUOTE (bjelder @ Jun 8 2008, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey snoop- just packed another tangiers bowl according to your vid but I had one question. How high does the shisha usually stick above the edges of the phunnel? before you put the foil on

Hey man obviously i'm not an expert, but from what i've read, the video, and advice I've gotten it usually sticks up about 1/8th of an inch above the rim. When I did my bowl I followed Snoops video exactly and it stuck up just a bit above the rim naturally.

Not saying I did it perfect, I'm just glad I didn't screw up the first bowl

Yeah, seems to me that if its not sticking up at all you get really harsh smoke.. Eric said it had something to do with the high nicotine content that causes really harsh smoke if theres a big gap there. But if its up too much you won't be able to heat up all the shisha like snoop said. And my guess would be the coals would like singe the tobacco if its ALL right up against the foil.

My bowl right now stuck up about 1/4" and its working pretty well. Did the foil press down until I saw an outline of the inner circle, then pulled it down tight. Seemed to work out pretty well.

I think as long as its sticking somewhat above the bowl and touching the sides it should be fine.

QUOTE (bjelder @ Jun 8 2008, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, seems to me that if its not sticking up at all you get really harsh smoke.. Eric said it had something to do with the high nicotine content that causes really harsh smoke if theres a big gap there. But if its up too much you won't be able to heat up all the shisha like snoop said. And my guess would be the coals would like singe the tobacco if its ALL right up against the foil.

My bowl right now stuck up about 1/4" and its working pretty well. Did the foil press down until I saw an outline of the inner circle, then pulled it down tight. Seemed to work out pretty well.

I think as long as its sticking somewhat above the bowl and touching the sides it should be fine.

I agree, that's what I saw Snoop do in the video so I copied it, you know put clumps in there are a time, but don't pack em down like I'm putting up a post. Just make sure they're not falling out.

Mine seem to "singe" just a wee bit after I threw the coals on and a little was crispy just a little though when I emptied the bowl out and put the rest back with it's "family"

So I'm thinking I either A) packed too much/too high or cool.gif my holes were too large

But it wasn't terrible so that's a BIG + to me, it was actually pretty damn good. So I can't wait to try again.

Snoop you may correct me if i'm wrong but as far as height, you're looking at something like this before you press it down at all right?

Hope that helps some of you that are curious about the height.

• 5 months later...
QUOTE (Sonthert @ Nov 14 2008, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ew! You touch it with your fingers?!

Thats why I always use a seafood fork. puts it in the bowl and pokes holes in the foil. Real good. Looks like a good generous amount of tobacco.

you can always wash your hands after you pack a bowl

• 3 months later...