http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/3675196058.html

also more of the typical don't know how to put a hookah together sellers

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/atq/3657417628.html

Edited by dreamyxcupcakes

This thing is kinda beautiful

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/3675196058.html

also more of the typical don't know how to put a hookah together sellers

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/atq/3657417628.html

Hate to burst their bubble but that ain't an Afghan hookah (If hookahs are even made there)... It's Turkish.

Lol to the setup on that one! If you don't know how to set it up, then don't pretend to know how to... Just lay out all the pieces and take a pic. That's what I'd do anyway...

Oh i love that pumpkin setup.... i never would have considered putting it together that way.... Awesome!

It is an el nefes sultan, The traditional version that utilizes a male bowl and no purge valve.

I personally am not fond of the el nefes styles but i am sure they are solid hookahs and will last just as long as any other brass/copper setup.

Those lotus trays are always gorgeous in my eyes

Edited by grock

Correction, it's not an El Nefes Sultan. An El Nefes Sultan is this. I love the tray on that one and thankfully it accepts male bowls and has no purge (unlike the "modernized" ones sold as El Nefes).

Anyways, unfortunately this one seems to have the same core drawbacks as the Sultan: Common chamber and a threaded downstem. I would love to be able to have that tray on a better proportioned and more solid pipe, but I'm not willing to spend $300 and so for those of you looking for a pipe with a lotus tray, this is probably your best bet.

Correction, it's not an El Nefes Sultan. An El Nefes Sultan is this. I love the tray on that one and thankfully it accepts male bowls and has no purge (unlike the "modernized" ones sold as El Nefes).

Anyways, unfortunately this one seems to have the same core drawbacks as the Sultan: Common chamber and a threaded downstem. I would love to be able to have that tray on a better proportioned and more solid pipe, but I'm not willing to spend $300 and so for those of you looking for a pipe with a lotus tray, this is probably your best bet.

I was under the assumption that El Nefes were made both ways, traditional style with no purge and female bowl port, or "modern" style with purge valve and male bowl port. The ones sold here in the States were the modern style, obviously, so we see those the most. Still, both styles have quality control issues, such as now the downstem on the modern version is no longer threaded, but it was made much shorter for whatever reason...

What would lead you to believe it's not from the 70's?

Way to clean, My Tokel arrived in that condition. Now patina anywhere from any use. 

What would lead you to believe it's not from the 70's?

Way to clean, My Tokel arrived in that condition. Now patina anywhere from any use. 

That's true, but even a pipe that is heavily used can be cleaned up to look brand new with a bit of love and some polish. See my KM Polishing thread from a few months back for an example.

That being said, I highly doubt anyone else cares as much about polishing the metal on hookahs as I do :P haha