Be On The Lookout For Counterfeit Goods.

QUOTE (jamesh2 @ Mar 10 2008, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (speel @ Mar 10 2008, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Canon @ Mar 10 2008, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its about taking the name. its like a vendor out there selling normal ejyptians and calling them KM's. imagine how quickly that vendor would get a bad rap.

KMs have a name stamp on them dont they? But mislabeling somthing and creating somthing of quality under a different name is 2 different things, starbuzz is starbuzz but if i create the same tobacco and sell it at a fraction and name it starfuzz who wins?

Wow I'm sorry but i think you are missing the point
the box/can states it is starbuzz/3k. the chances of them having the exact same product with he same quality are slim to none. im sorry but a consumer deserves to be told the truth. no matter how you spin it. it is copyright infringement on the name AND the symbol, and lays false claim to the consume, no this isn't competition, AF to starbuzz is competition, this is wrong!

If it states that its 3kings and starbuzz and its not then i believe that is wrong. If it said 3 queens and starfuzz then its cool.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (austinthecity @ Mar 10 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was this booth at your shop?

what is gabe's mouth tip design?

It was at the tobacco shop show. We had the show in Vegas last week. alot of other pipes that were amazing. More like works of art then pipes. And by federal law they are actually considered based off the pricing to be Glass art. Then you had the hookah dealers all sprinkeled in there. Many reputable people there HS`s wholesale company was there etc... But then we have some over night people there and among them was a distributor that was making counterfits. I was not impressed with this shady move. anyone in Vegas rather living here visiting can see the counterfits in person and I will take pics in a bit also.

Ohhh okay. I think I'm more on the same page with you now. There was a vendor at a show that was selling fake 3K and SB. But how do we know this was the Potion/Dreaz vendor, and that they weren't just selling these two brands as well?

I'm sure I'm asking this question in vain, because the pics will probably clear everything up... biggrin.gif

Yea dude they had their lines to compete with Buzz etc... I am cool with that. hell i was excited everyone know si am all about bringing in as many differnt items as I can. I am a huge fan of variety. Hell i will eventually carry the stuff Bubba has. But to put the companies name on the item is a total different story.

Counterfit is counterfit and thats what they did.

I need to clarify this before people try and hang Tarik.
He is not selling fakes I am sure of that MNH is good people. I am just saying that the same company that has the Potion and dreamz is selling the products that are fake also. Not any mailorder here. Tarik knows his business and would catch the fakes if he saw them also.

I just will not buy anything from them beacuse they did this. I know the guy will try and say hey that my expartner etc,,, I just know all in the same booth means same company. Same tables etc... All set up in fact on the Potions table in fact. People like this do not deserve our money is how I feel about it.

And to say this 1 more time. MNH / TARIK IS GOOD PEOPLE. They would not dupe anyone I am sure of that. Edited by The Devils Playground

I contacted HIT Inc the makers of Potion shisha a couple hours ago and they assured me that the product that was at the show is real and it was displayed by their Northern California distributor. They don't know anything about Starbuzz , 3 Kings ,or Dreamz ,and as we know how good a product Potion is we want everyone to try it and as courtesy of Potion Tobacco and MNhookahs.com we are giving away free samples , first 100 to send an email to ramsey@mnhookah.com ,with your name and full shipping address will get 1 can of Potion Tobacco. Please Just one email per address! We will be shipping them next week. We just ask for you to leave an honest review about it. *US CUSTOMERS ONLY PLEASE*

Thanks all and get to emailing smile.gif

Tarik & Ramsey
MNH

*Edited to inform of US Customers only*
*Edited Look for new Post**

QUOTE (MN Hookah @ Mar 10 2008, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I contacted HIT Inc the makers of Potion shisha a couple hours ago and they assured me that the product that was at the show is real and it was displayed by their Northern California distributor. They don't know anything about Starbuzz , 3 Kings ,or Dreamz ,and as we know how good a product Potion is we want everyone to try it and as courtesy of Potion Tobacco and MNhookahs.com we are giving away free samples , first 100 to send an email to ramsey@mnhookah.com ,with your name and full shipping address will get 1 can of Potion Tobacco. Please Just one email per address! We will be shipping them next week. We just ask for you to leave an honest review about it. *US CUSTOMERS ONLY PLEASE*

Tarik & Ramsey
MNH

EMAILED!!!!

WOOT. cant wait to try something new biggrin.gif If we get to choose, i love peach! Peachy peach sounds damn good right now. Edited by racemyghost

Nothing against MNH but i was at the show. I talked to the guys and the fake 3 kings was on their table in their booth.

I just spoke to an insider he assures me theres no way that could be a fake Starbuzz. Theres no way to get the flavoring yet. BUt as for a FAKE 3 KINGS NOT ONLY DID I BUY IT AT THAT BOOTH FROM HIS TABLE BUT I BOUGHT IT NOT SOME LACKY.
Its a bunch of bullshyt and they need to stop. I still question the Blue Mist. But is wael says no foul on it. I will watch and see what we come up with down the road.

I will still stand my ground since now not only did they proceed to sell me at the least fake coals. I am not down with counterfits even crappy ones. If others want to carry their coals fine.

[/color]

I need to find the fuzzy pic I took of the table I can`t find it right now but when and if I do I will post it and settle this shyt once and for all.

I guess from what gabe was saying they copied his mouth tips. I dont know Gabes frtom anyone elses so I can`t only say what gabe said there.

But I was at that show and saw the fake 3 kings on the same table.

[color="#ff00ff"]I will not support anyone selling counterfits.

QUOTE (racemyghost @ Mar 11 2008, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MN Hookah @ Mar 10 2008, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tarik & Ramsey
MNH

EMAILED!!!!

WOOT. cant wait to try something new biggrin.gif If we get to choose, i love peach! Peachy peach sounds damn good right now.

So, this comes down the the dealer, who may have been the official Potion Rep, also had fake 3 kings and fake SB for sale as well. Potion says their rep wasn't selling the stuff, Neal, who was actually there and bought some, says the Rep WAS selling the stuff. I guess a picture and finding out if the name of the official potion rep. is the same as the guy Neal delt with. It is possible the Rep is doing this without his bosses knowledge to make a little money for himself on the side.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Mar 11 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Mar 11 2008, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I declare SHENANIGANS! ohmy.gif angry.gif pirate.png

Hmm..that hasn't been called in a while..care to clarify your Call? tongue.gif

damn right...
the minion of the company, the guy that was at the show, is selling faulty stuff without his boss's knowledge. The boss is confronted with this and knows nothing about it, so therefor, the minion will yet sell the fake products. That makes him extra cash, brings bad name onto starbuzz and 3kings, and possibly brings a bad rep. to his boss.
SHENANIGANS

I'm going to find my broom too

QUOTE (The Devils Playground @ Mar 10 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ Mar 10 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's all be real here, we all know Neil is only doing this to undermine Tarik's business! It's like the Ohio Democratic Primary ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

Just kidding. laugh.gif Let him post and we'll see what this is about.

Dude i was like wtf? I can get it my self I wont just because of the affliation with the crap they pulled. Then I realized you were joking. I will grab some pics right now and get it posted. I left fast and everyone has the same attitude. WTF is Neal talking about lol.

I will Get pics now and ad them to this post if its still the bottom post. Brb.

Yea I was just joking because I knew there was a hint of that conspiracy theory in people's minds. Best satire plays off people's misconceptions. Hell I thought it was funny. laugh.gif

But thanks for the heads up on the 3K and SB fakes. I wanna check out the local shop now to see if they are selling the fakes. Doubt it, but you never know.

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Mar 11 2008, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Mar 11 2008, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Mar 11 2008, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I declare SHENANIGANS! ohmy.gif angry.gif pirate.png

Hmm..that hasn't been called in a while..care to clarify your Call? tongue.gif

damn right...
the minion of the company, the guy that was at the show, is selling faulty stuff without his boss's knowledge. The boss is confronted with this and knows nothing about it, so therefor, the minion will yet sell the fake products. That makes him extra cash, brings bad name onto starbuzz and 3kings, and possibly brings a bad rep. to his boss.
SHENANIGANS

I'm going to find my broom too

Fair enough...If thats he case...

We usually reserved Shenannegans for Plants and such on the forum here... cool.gif

I talked to Bobby. He is close with everyone at Buzz. I guess Buzz got a new sticker printing machine ansd this could be the cause for the funny looking logo. So for now lets assume the buzz is real No I dont have pics of the tips. I have no clue what gabes tops even look like. I have 2,000 tips here and will not need to buy tips for a while to come. lol

But as for the Sales rep. The old guy said he was the owner of that company so who knows. I will just stand behind my decesion of not supporting counterfitters. I dont take peoples fake $20.00 bills here and I will not support anyone thats bringing in fake anything and flooding the market like that with it. I know we are HF will not got duped from a bad box. But think of all the new people that may fall vctom on it. People that will some day come here and become members.

I just woke up. Time to answer some emaials nad pack peoples orders again for todays shipping also.

Thanks all and I will keep reading this post.

I just say screw Potion, Screm them to hell for being so shady when they have a good item to carry and all the sudden they decide to do shady stuff also.

Just think of it this way. If you were like yea screw them they are wrong for doing this and they send you a free can of tobacco you were just bought for $6.00 wholesale. And to be honest I could easily get on that bandwagon and make some money. But the businesses` intergrity is worth much more then anything they can/ will provide.