We Made A Hookah Out Of A 5l Heineken Mini Keg.

QUOTE (racemyghost @ Feb 5 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how is the windcover being held up? Looks like its just sitting on the edges of the bowl...

Its sitting on the small phunnel I have on it while we smoke some k-peach.

We have to take some of the tape off the stem we used to make it mig enough to fill the hole in the top. We threw it together today..more of a wonder if kinda project. The next versions will be much nicer...may spiff them up and sell em out of the bar. Get a "hookah Bliss" sticker that will go all the way around and cover the original beer name etc...

Get some nicer stems...wtf...something to do on slow nights... tongue.gif

did you also take out the pressure chamber out of the keg? i also installed a drain on the bottom so as to get all the water out and make it easier to clean. is yours a press fit or is it a threaaded stem. i will take more pics of mine and post them up

QUOTE (cartercdad @ Feb 6 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
did you also take out the pressure chamber out of the keg? i also installed a drain on the bottom so as to get all the water out and make it easier to clean. is yours a press fit or is it a threaaded stem. i will take more pics of mine and post them up

Ya I believe he removed the pressure chamber. Added a plastic plumbing fitting to the top of the keg where the whole was and slid the stem into that. Have to adjust the tape on the stem to get a better fit and so it doesn't tilt. Sounds liek you put a lot more thought into yours than we did, ours was more of a "wonder if this will work" kinda thing at the bar one slow night....

Nice job on yours BTW....

• 11 years later...

OK - I have been doing MOD's for people for some time now (since 1998).  I have done things different, some things for people to enjoy or do. i.e. put an Nintendo/NES/ PlayStation/Sega/Dream-cast/Xbox into a car/truck's dashboard. A few in other things like a fish tank and so on. I like a challenge. So I always wanted a keg hookah:

Heavy - so it would be harder to be stolen or moved

solid - The keg is two types aluminum or stainless steel (stainless is best as we all know)

I lucked out on a 15 or 15 gallon keg that some tech was so kind to deliver and place inside a freezer to end up exploding the air lock valve popped out and they were useless. So i did what i found best - make a hookah. my photo file was to big in MB. going to have to find someway to compress enough to get through. I used top hat grommets for the hose and air check valve for clearing smoke and keeping an air tight seal. I found a rubber plug just the right size to squeeze it in. I have video of smoking it worked great nice cool smoke and great clean clouds.