Woohooo My First Batch Of Tangiers Arrived

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very very very faint smell to it, nothing extreme

if i told you to smell it and tell me what flavor you thought it was without me telling you

you probably would never guess thats how faint it is Edited by clickhea

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Dec 21 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tangiers you can sit and enjoy the smell, and as it acclimates it gets truer to its flavor.

yea unless you have 6 kilos of every flavor acclimating lol..

gives you a damn headache cuz its so strong haha

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Dec 21 2007, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Dec 21 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tangiers you can sit and enjoy the smell, and as it acclimates it gets truer to its flavor.

yea unless you have 6 kilos of every flavor acclimating lol..

gives you a damn headache cuz its so strong haha

Ohh hell yeah dude i bet it does... Does it attract wildlife as well?

alright i had the cool strawbery acclimating for 24 hours, which is pretty much 24+ 7 hours

and iam still getting no flavor

no word from hookah-shiah

i'l never order tangiers from h-s ever again

iam going to try to purchase brambleberry from h-c after xmas

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Dec 21 2007, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh hell yeah dude i bet it does... Does it attract wildlife as well?

Just bears. But they call also smell the mentrastion as well. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (thejoshman @ Dec 22 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i love brambleberry. had it at the tangiers lounge, love it.

Definitely, never really wanted to try it but when I did, it was quite worth it. Going to order a kilo of it here soon.

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Dec 22 2007, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (voski @ Dec 21 2007, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i always think bugs are gonna get into it when i leave it open outside unsure.gif

Too much Nicotine, most of the time bugs won't touch it. But you can put a pasta strainer over it for extra protection. smile.gif

That would only work if you wanted to keep cockroaches out. laugh.gif Nats will fly right through it.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey clickhea. I've tried to smoke lemon-lime and red tea and have not been able to get a good smoke yet. (Always harsh, doesn't taste like what it's supposed to, etc.). I live about 45 minutes outside of NYC. We should start a lounge where everyone comes and just has shitty packs of tangiers. I'm gonna try one more time tomorrow with a few tricks from a couple people, i'll let you know how it works.

• 2 weeks later...
i think i just realized why i couldnt get tangiers to work, nor could anyone figure out my problem.

i was using the horrible exotica coals.

sigh i threw out 3 batches of tangiers thinking it was the tobacco when it was probably the coals all along.

QUOTE (clickhea @ Jan 21 2008, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think i just realized why i couldnt get tangiers to work, nor could anyone figure out my problem.

i was using the horrible exotica coals.

sigh i threw out 3 batches of tangiers thinking it was the tobacco when it was probably the coals all along.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I've been having trouble w/ my Orange Soda and Schnozzberry since I received them from HC, and I usually smoke with olivewood coals that work great with every other shisha I've smoked. If your coals are bad it would be obvious no matter what you are smoking.

then maybe h-s is sending out some bad batches

i asked them to get back to me, they told me they would and they never did so they lost a customer tobacco wise, i'll never buy tobacco from them ever again. Edited by clickhea

is it that hard for everyone to follow the directions given by the tangiers company? acclimate for at least 4 hours prior to smoking....sheesh dry.gif

Personally, I followed the instructions, watched the video, and took advice from everyone who's been available to give it. I let all of it acclimate for 4-6 hours, put it all in seperate tupperware, stirred before packing bowls, overpacked my bowl (tried it packed normally after several failures via this method without better results) while letting the shisha fall into place (rather than squishing it down,) poked several different large hole patterns as shown by Rayver, Eternalsoil, and others, and tried various levels of heat while trying to get it to smoke properly. I'd like to think I'm at least a somewhat experienced setting up bowls, because I can get anything else smoking great. I just don't seem to have any luck with my Tangiers.