Anyone Carry A Pistol?

mushrat

gramps, ya i save my brass for a buddy of mine to relaod. The indoor range i shoot at once in a while requires you to either pick up or sweep up and bin your brass at the end of your session. And if i need more than 15 rounds in a street encounter, i got bigger problems. :)

My beretta 92G, now i have 2 15 rnd mags and a 10 rnd mag for that.

so there is one outdoor and one indoor range I go to. The indoor range has that gay leave you brass policy. Which pisses me off. They make you leave the brass to the range can reload it themselves and sell it (if you rent a gun you have to buy their ammo) 200% the price. As I do hate this rule because my Grampa is a retiree he spends many days reloading and will reload ammo for me. SO When I go their I end up picking up my brass. So far they haven't said anything to me(thats if it fall in the booth or behind where you shoot. Anything over its theirs).
Side note i definitely need to get my handgun license. Anybody every fail?

All that's required here is to fill out some paperwork (basic info), get three references (not family), and pay $7.50 a year.
I even renew my concealed-carry license by mail. We want everybody in Alabama to be armed in case those damned Yankees invade us again.

(The War Between the States started when the North invaded the United States. :D )

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1327935493' post='537040']
[/quote]

In Cali no idea.

In Texas, you really just have to worry about background checks.

In Texas you:
Fill out paper work.
Finger printed
Texas State Background Check (The Rangers do it)
FBI Background Check
An instruction course on the law (Just don't fall asleep)
Shooting exam (My legally blind wife can pass it)

*Side Note: Cali is the only state in the Union that doesn't recognize the Texas CHL. I can carry in 49 states.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1327964509' post='537146']
[/quote]

In Cali no idea.

In Texas, you really just have to worry about background checks.

In Texas you:
Fill out paper work.
Finger printed
Texas State Background Check (The Rangers do it)
FBI Background Check
An instruction course on the law (Just don't fall asleep)
Shooting exam (My legally blind wife can pass it)

[b]*Side Note: Cali is the only state in the Union that doesn't recognize the Texas CHL. I can carry in 49 states.[/b]
[/quote]
yup sounds like California.
I believe here I have to get a handgun permit test in order to purchase a handgun. then do the background checks and wait 10 days and all that.

In NC to get a permit to buy you pay 5 bucks and fill out a form at the county sherrif office. Thats just to buy a pistol. To carry openly there is no permit required. To carry concealed its a class taught by lisenced individuals(not a government run thing), pay $70 for the permit and another $10 for the fingerprints. CCW permit good for 5 years. Not sure what i have to do to renew. The classes run between 60 and 120 or so depending on where you go. 8 hours of 1 hour's worth of info repeted 8 times for the class (so you know without thinking when you can kill a person) and a live fire test you cant fail unless you shoot yourself or soemone else in the group.

I'm going to get mine soon. Just went to the range with my brother and some friends Sunday to break in his new Lewis Machine Tool AR15 which is such a beast. We picked up some info on their CCW classes and are going to take them with a little group of our friends. The course instructor I saw there is quite the piece of candy too :D

so there is one outdoor and one indoor range I go to. The indoor range has that gay leave you brass policy. Which pisses me off. They make you leave the brass to the range can reload it themselves and sell it (if you rent a gun you have to buy their ammo) 200% the price. As I do hate this rule because my Grampa is a retiree he spends many days reloading and will reload ammo for me. SO When I go their I end up picking up my brass. So far they haven't said anything to me(thats if it fall in the booth or behind where you shoot. Anything over its theirs).
[/quote]

Ranges like that deserve a load of some sort of popular caliber litter. Find some surplus berdan primed and let it fly.

When I took my IPSC card years ago, the instructor drilled himself with a .38 super. somehow missed the bone structure, but blew a rather large chunk of his hand down range. Ironically, At the time he was preacing the importance of never crossing yourself in a draw. He slow-mo drew, while telling everyone "never thry to anticipate the pistol coming up, and don't try to catch your strong hand with yor weak, if your timing is off you could have your hand in front of the muzzle, and... BOOM" (he expected a "click") A few months later his wife AD'd at a gun show (in the parking lot) and shot him in the butt with a .22 short.
Some people just can't catch a break.

I have a valid conceal carry permit for NC, but it's not recognized in MN. but I've only got one handgun at this time, a Sig P226, which for me is a little too large for carrying anyway. I really want a Kimber ultra carry; nice size and a great little gun to shoot.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1328315872' post='537758']
If anyone is wondering what I want for my birthday, two words - Desert Eagle.
[/quote]

Me Too!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1328329953' post='537774']
[/quote]

Me Too!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Went to the range this morning. After I got done firing my Glock17 I actually took a desert eagle out for a spin, lol a lot of fun.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1328426389' post='537895']
[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1328329953' post='537774']
[/quote]

Me Too!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Went to the range this morning. After I got done firing my Glock17 I actually took a desert eagle out for a spin, lol a lot of fun.
[/quote]
I got to shoot the .44/and a 357. when fully loaded those things weigh a lot. The .44 was especially bad because he had a red dot sight hooked up to it. Supa fun though. i was trying to hit metal 'dingers' at 250 meters with it

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1328468380' post='537923']
Yeah, if I was to buy a desert eagle, I wouldn't go bigger then .357, just cumbersome after that.
[/quote]

All the investment cast parts, and that goofey-ass rotating bolt make that pistol a huge amout bigger/heavier than it needs to be. It .357 it's about as high-tech as a stone tomahawk. A Kimber 10mm will match/beat the typical shelf ammo fed .357 DE, and do it in a platform that isn't a study in crappy 1970's engineering. Great pistol for posing in pictures, though.

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1328507013' post='537962']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1328468380' post='537923']
Yeah, if I was to buy a desert eagle, I wouldn't go bigger then .357, just cumbersome after that.
[/quote]

All the investment cast parts, and that goofey-ass rotating bolt make that pistol a huge amout bigger/heavier than it needs to be. It .357 it's about as high-tech as a stone tomahawk. A Kimber 10mm will match/beat the typical shelf ammo fed .357 DE, and do it in a platform that isn't a study in crappy 1970's engineering. Great pistol for posing in pictures, though.
[/quote]
Never seen a 10mm before. looks like most builds are 1911 style, looks more comfy then a D.E.

As per the title of this thread, I don't think I'd "carry" a Desert Eagle; it would be hard to conceal even on my extra-large body.
I carry a Taurus PT145. Small frame, big boom. :D

But for fun at the range and the wow factor, it's hard to beat.
Just like I'd love a Barrett .50 caliber; I have no [i]need[/i] for it - I just [i]want [/i]it.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1328521386' post='537996']
As per the title of this thread, I don't think I'd "carry" a Desert Eagle; it would be hard to conceal even on my extra-large body.
I carry a Taurus PT145. Small frame, big boom. :D

But for fun at the range and the wow factor, it's hard to beat.
Just like I'd love a Barrett .50 caliber; I have no [i]need[/i] for it - I just [i]want [/i]it.
[/quote]
haha i feel the same way. Seems like most people carry semi/auto pistols, why not revolvers? is it just cause of ammo capacity?

I know a couple of guys who carry North American Arms' .22 Magnum Mini-Revolvers. Little 5-shot revolvers that when loaded with hollow point .22 magnums will certainly get somebody's attention at very close range. And it's so small you can almost conceal it in the palm of your hand.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1328576139' post='538064']
I know a couple of guys who carry North American Arms' .22 Magnum Mini-Revolvers. Little 5-shot revolvers that when loaded with hollow point .22 magnums will certainly get somebody's attention at very close range. And it's so small you can almost conceal it in the palm of your hand.
[/quote]

that is really for up close and personal

Check out my son-in-law's websites -
[url="http://www.xd-hs2000.com"]http://www.xd-hs2000.com[/url] and [url="http://www.tacti-cool.com/tacticool/Welcome.html"]http://www.tacti-cool.com/tacticool/Welcome.html[/url]

He is one of the XD's biggest fans, and he does excellent work on all firearms.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1329346405' post='539138']
Check out my son-in-law's websites -
[url="http://www.xd-hs2000.com"]http://www.xd-hs2000.com[/url] and [url="http://www.tacti-cool.com/tacticool/Welcome.html"]http://www.tacti-coo...ol/Welcome.html[/url]

He is one of the XD's biggest fans, and he does excellent work on all firearms.
[/quote]

Cool, I'll check them out. After I shot an XDm I went out the next day and bought one. I just love the way they shoot!

[img]http://www.chicagogunowners.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/xdm.45.jpg[/img]

Funny part is even though it's a .45 ACP and Springfield loves giving you all the firepower you can get. The 13 round clip for this amazing peice of elegence is still too much for California!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

9mm - 19+1
.40 - 16+1

I could never carry in Cali my .40 is my smallest clip.