Anyone Carry A Pistol?

mushrat

I think the XD's are nice, but I just can't get into them. I really hate that "external safety that's on the back of the grip. Just seems redundant and takes away from the looks of the piece to me. Some of my buddies do their own reloading and the barrel is a match grade barrel, so it will have some issues with certain ammo, failure to feeds, failure to ejects, etc. I need a gun that's reliable and going to fire every time I need it do. Until it has some serious reliability to it, I'm not picking one up. I'll stick to my glocks.

This is the kinda reliability I expect.----[url="http://theprepared.com/content/view/90//administrator/"]http://theprepared.com/content/view/90//administrator/[/url] Edited by ChicagoRSX

Well the Back Safety I know some people don't like, But it's pretty much standard on all 1911's so people are use to them.

Glocks are well made guns but the handle is at a slightly odd angle. Majority of people will shoot just below their target until they realize how to hold it properly. (This includes Police I have seen their practice targets) I just don't like that angle. My thoughts should be on the Front Site not the Grip. Keep in mind that's my opinion.

[quote name='absalom' timestamp='1328292463' post='537728']
I have a valid conceal carry permit for NC, but it's not recognized in MN. but I've only got one handgun at this time, a Sig P226, which for me is a little too large for carrying anyway. I really want a Kimber ultra carry; nice size and a great little gun to shoot.
[/quote]

I have the Kimber Ultra Carry II, very nice gun but I noticed the barrel starting rusting which is clearly a defect since I meticulously keep my firearms perfectly cleaned and oiled. Just had it sent it for repair under warranty

So as for carry I'm going to go my Ruger SR9C 95% of the time. I have shot it more than any of my guns and it LITERALLY hasn't jammed or had a light strike once. It's absolutely a wonderful gun and a steal for the price. Plus it comes w/ a nice little 10rd mag and a badass extended 17rd mag all in a nicer looking package than many other 9mms on the market.

• 2 months later...
I can't wait. Picking up my Glock30 this weekend, and taking it to the range. So looking forward to it.

I have a Glock 36 (.45 ACP (single stack, slim version of the 30)) for concealed carry, a Ruger LCP (.380 Auto) for pocket/deep concealment carry, and a Springfield Armory XD-45 ACP 5" Compact Tactical in OD Green with a Streamlight TLR-1 on the rail as a fun gun/home defense weapon/hunting sidearm :)
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='3rooker' timestamp='1336458934' post='546905']
I got internet prices at my local gun shop too :) $508 for the Glock 36, $249 for the Ruger LCP, and $525 for the SA XD-45 :D
[/quote]

Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='3rooker' timestamp='1336458934' post='546905']
I got internet prices at my local gun shop too :) $508 for the Glock 36, $249 for the Ruger LCP, and $525 for the SA XD-45 :D
[/quote]

Very nice. Glock has some good LE/Fire/EMS/Military prices.

• 3 weeks later...
Just took my G30 out the range for the first time this week. Had a great time shooting it, was impressed with how smooth it is and how minimal the recoil is. After I got done firing some rounds through that, I put some rounds through my primary G17. Overall a great time at the range. I try to go once a month, how often do the shooters here go?