Smileys Price Increase

Well, just to add my .02 since I;ve been missing all the fun lately...

Smiley's is one of my top sellers at the Lounge. The Prickly pear,Horchata, and Naughty Cow are rolling hot. Couldn;t figure out why no Chery was being ordered until I realize dit had been left off the Menu some how...

I've got people coming in working their way through his flavours and quite pleased. I guess it's like any band, there's the good, the bad, and the ugly.Just gotta learn which to get.

Glad I bought a few kilo's to start, when i have to re-order It'll just get bumped to a top shelf price. Sucks as the consumer but now I get to view it from both ends...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people that are having trouble with the taste I can only think of two things to tell you.

One: This is a handmade product. Recipe's change. A little of this a little of that. Its a risk you sometimes take for greatness
Two: It could be smoking technique. The same way that Tangiers is finicky.

All in all, Smiley has done nothing but good for this community, as a lounge owner, store runner, club making forum poster dude, and I for one will continue to support him.

Again, Support your Scene,

VIVA LA SMILEY

smile.gif

I have no problems with smiley, and I am sure he has a reason to increase price, no one is saying he does not have a legit reason, on the other forums he gave a reason, and I am cool with it. Personally all I stated was since my try with smileys was bad, I would rather buy aother brand than his at the moment. I know he has said he is having trouble getting flavors consistent, which everyone has. I remember when fumari was 7 bucks, and had inconsistent flavors, i stopped buying them until I felt to try them again.

The only people who I see on these posts getting over excited are the ones who are saying they will still buy it

QUOTE (txhookahman @ May 23 2007, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Shifty @ May 22 2007, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn, and all i was doin was givin the FYI.

Phew!

HAHAHAHAHA Good thing huh?! lol An extra $2.95 is not going to stop me either. How many of you smoke StarBuzz? If you do, point proven.

No. No point was proven. People pay more for a better product.
Quit your bitching. It's smoking. I hate to hear smokers complain about how much shit costs. If you're becoming poor, stop smoking! You choose to either buy it or not.

No one is bitching. People are expressing their opinions. This is a forum. This post of yours is the first one to "bitch".

If you don't wanna buy it, keep it to your damn self. Don't knock Smiley for it.

That's like saying, if you want to buy it, keep it to yourself. Or like saying "Nobody express your opinions, be mindless tools". No one has "knocked Smiley for it". There has been no attacks on Smiley himself; just the the price increase.

It's a little thing called INFLATION. Ever heard of it? Damn you people are cruel. Even if he is pumping up the price to get rich, maybe something happned in his life. Like expensive medical bills. Stop being so selfish.

Yeah, I've heard of inflation. But, I don't think you have... He has every right to raise his prices to get rich. And people have every right to not buy it at that price. Who is being selfish?

Smiley, the price increase is not going to stop me from trying your shisha for the first time. I've got about 5 flavors that I picked from the reviews section that I want to try. Margarita in particular. I've heard you're flavors are crazy goodness. I buy premium stuff anyway. If you enjoy it, it's worth paying for.

Oh, so you haven't even tried it before... You must know what you are talking about. Define premium shisha. If you enjoy it, it is worth paying for it... Unless there are better products that are less expensive.

To the people that are freaking out- "OMG how dare you attack poor Smiley, his stuff is the best! Stop complaining!" No one has attacked Smiley. People just replied to the topic saying they won't buy it anymore... What's wrong with that?

WOW! Great posts all around. I can see that the Smiley brand is a very popular topic here at the forum. I'd like to personally thank everyone for the comments and concerns. You all have valid points and they deserve to be heard. Thank you for your strong support for the Smiley's name. It makes us feel good that the work we are doing at NargileClub.com for HookahForum and HookahPro to give you guys the stuff you ask for is appreciated.

thanks again,

Randy Smiley

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ May 23 2007, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would much rather pay less in gas and more for Smiley's shit at the end of the day.
Oh, and if Scalli ever ran for office you guys would get some great laughs on the crazy shit they brought up on me. Did I moon an entire grocery store through the front glass in the middle if the day when I was 15? Hey, $20 was a lot of money back then smile.gif

I agree with the Smiley's statement.
If you ran for office could I be head of your PR? haha I would love to try and give a positive political spin on why you showed your ass to four old ladies and a cashier.

Oh and I also agree with Randy for pointing out that the Smiley brand is a very popular topic on the forum. To me it feels like a lot of people defend Smiley or buy Smiley's shisha (like a huge bulk of people at Mush's place) because we aren't just buying from a faceless brand.....but we are buying a product from a friend. I can even see it from all those who don't like the some of his flavors. They not only give their Honest opinion, but give friendly suggestions on how maybe Smiley could better the flavor.....and it sounds as if they are just talking to another one of their buddies.

I believe everyone who posted gave good arguments. Some may have been a little pashionate, but hey no one got hurt.

QUOTE (mgcsinc @ May 23 2007, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txhookahman @ May 22 2007, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phew!

HAHAHAHAHA Good thing huh?! lol An extra $2.95 is not going to stop me either. How many of you smoke StarBuzz? If you do, point proven. That's the most expensive shisha. Quit your bitching. It's smoking. I hate to hear smokers complain about how much shit costs. If you're becoming poor, stop smoking! You choose to either buy it or not. If you don't wanna buy it, keep it to your damn self. Don't knock Smiley for it. It's a little thing called INFLATION. Ever heard of it? Damn you people are cruel. Even if he is pumping up the price to get rich, maybe something happned in his life. Like expensive medical bills. Stop being so selfish.

Smiley, the price increase is not going to stop me from trying your shisha for the first time. I've got about 5 flavors that I picked from the reviews section that I want to try. Margarita in particular. I've heard you're flavors are crazy goodness. I buy premium stuff anyway. If you enjoy it, it's worth paying for.

Just my 2 cents. Yell at me if you want. But those are the facts and opinions I present. It won't be me getting kicked off the forum. I agree with Sean, there's too much complaining on the forum lately. This should be a happy hookah haven. Not a cut-throat place to argue. We love hookah here and we like this place to be happy. Am I right people?

Woah. Number one, Smiley's shisha has existed for a couple of months. Are you seriously trying to say that inflation has brought prices up 40% in several months? If so, you need to go back to wikipedia and do a little more research.

Secondly, it is not selfish for a group of consumers to discuss prices. Just because smiley is part of the community here doesn't mean that the simple business/consumer relationship doesn't still exist. This is not complaining, it's not being cruel, it's called being a savy and informed consumer-base.

From what I can tell, you've been here for three weeks, so I'm not sure where you get the idea that the forum has ever been a calm place. smile.gif

QUOTE (Twang @ May 23 2007, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phew!

HAHAHAHAHA Good thing huh?! lol An extra $2.95 is not going to stop me either. How many of you smoke StarBuzz? If you do, point proven.

No. No point was proven. People pay more for a better product.
Quit your bitching. It's smoking. I hate to hear smokers complain about how much shit costs. If you're becoming poor, stop smoking! You choose to either buy it or not.

No one is bitching. People are expressing their opinions. This is a forum. This post of yours is the first one to "bitch".

If you don't wanna buy it, keep it to your damn self. Don't knock Smiley for it.

That's like saying, if you want to buy it, keep it to yourself. Or like saying "Nobody express your opinions, be mindless tools". No one has "knocked Smiley for it". There has been no attacks on Smiley himself; just the the price increase.

It's a little thing called INFLATION. Ever heard of it? Damn you people are cruel. Even if he is pumping up the price to get rich, maybe something happned in his life. Like expensive medical bills. Stop being so selfish.

Yeah, I've heard of inflation. But, I don't think you have... He has every right to raise his prices to get rich. And people have every right to not buy it at that price. Who is being selfish?

Oh, so you haven't even tried it before... You must know what you are talking about. Define premium shisha. If you enjoy it, it is worth paying for it... Unless there are better products that are less expensive.

To the people that are freaking out- "OMG how dare you attack poor Smiley, his stuff is the best! Stop complaining!" No one has attacked Smiley. People just replied to the topic saying they won't buy it anymore... What's wrong with that?

Dude you don't know what you are talking about. When I worked at a grocery store, I saw milk go up $0.40 in only 3 months. Then it went back down $0.30 in like 7 months. I live in Florida right now. I think I know what inflation is. Cost of living is so high here. It just keeps going up. We have hurricanes. When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, it knocked out an oil refinery causing the price of gas to surge to over $3.00 a gallon. That's due to inflation. Although gas fluctuates so much, I tried to use a good example. I don't blame Smiley. I'm with everyone supporting him. And no dude, I haven't tried it. I was simply saying I'm not going to let a price stop me. And read things again. People are attacking him and eachother. Who cares if I've been here for only 3 weeks. I'm on here for a long time every day for those 3 weeks. I wouldn't say something if I didn't know what I was talking about. There's been an increase in negativity lately. It needs to chill out again. I'm going to more happier threads! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rcurtiss @ May 23 2007, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW! Great posts all around. I can see that the Smiley brand is a very popular topic here at the forum. I'd like to personally thank everyone for the comments and concerns. You all have valid points and they deserve to be heard. Thank you for your strong support for the Smiley's name. It makes us feel good that the work we are doing at NargileClub.com for HookahForum and HookahPro to give you guys the stuff you ask for is appreciated.

thanks again,

Randy Smiley

... this price increase just plain ol' suxs! but I can understand the "whys", just know that I'm still a fan / customer, always will be!

Keep working on perfecting new flavors...and most importantly...keep your spirits up!

Cheers!

QUOTE (txhookahman @ May 23 2007, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude you don't know what you are talking about. When I worked at a grocery store, I saw milk go up $0.40 in only 3 months. Then it went back down $0.30 in like 7 months. I live in Florida right now. I think I know what inflation is. Cost of living is so high here. It just keeps going up. We have hurricanes. When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, it knocked out an oil refinery causing the price of gas to surge to over $3.00 a gallon. That's due to inflation. Although gas fluctuates so much, I tried to use a good example. I don't blame Smiley. I'm with everyone supporting him. And no dude, I haven't tried it. I was simply saying I'm not going to let a price stop me. And read things again. People are attacking him and eachother. Who cares if I've been here for only 3 weeks. I'm on here for a long time every day for those 3 weeks. I wouldn't say something if I didn't know what I was talking about. There's been an increase in negativity lately. It needs to chill out again. And if anyone wants to hit me on this one. Go ahead. This is my last post in this topic. I can't stand it. I'm going to more happier threads! biggrin.gif

What you're talking about is not inflation. Your examples are not inflation. I'm sorry, but you're just confused about what inflation is. I promise you - I really, really, really do - that I know what I'm talking about. Please, educate yourself before attempting to educate others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

Also, no one is attacking Smiley. Stop accusing people of doing so; they're not. No one is attacking anyone else except people inexplicable attacking us for attacking smiley, when we're not. What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

I just joined the forum recently and was told that I could use discount codes at some vendor's! I was wanting to order some of Smiley's stuff due to the reviews! When I asked for a discount code for Nargile Club, I was told "IT WAS ALREADY DISCOUNTED". My point being why are we complaining on something we are getting at a rock bottom price??????????????? That is not to mention that he used TUBS not bags and Boxes (Tubs gotta cost more)!!!! I got my order last week and we will be smoking Bubbleberry tonite and Wedding cake at my wedding!!! And if we enjoy it, I WILL order again!!!!!!

QUOTE (KyDUDE @ May 23 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just joined the forum recently and was told that I could use discount codes at some vendor's! I was wanting to order some of Smiley's stuff due to the reviews! When I asked for a discount code for Nargile Club, I was told "IT WAS ALREADY DISCOUNTED". My point being why are we complaining on something we are getting at a rock bottom price??????????????? That is not to mention that he used TUBS not bags and Boxes (Tubs gotta cost more)!!!! I got my order last week and we will be smoking Bubbleberry tonite and Wedding cake at my wedding!!! And if we enjoy it, I WILL order again!!!!!!

Ummm...

The stuff used to cost x, now it costs y, and y >>> x. You don't understand why a forum full of consumers might bring this up as a topic of conversation?

Haha when I read this I imagine a guy with thick glasses, dressed in a gold suit, yelling at coffee-shop server with a really happy face on.
I'm not bashing you at all tho, dont get me wrong (i'm sure you were doing nothing of the sort), its just what I pictured. And grats on getting married!

QUOTE (Hannibal @ May 23 2007, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha when I read this I imagine a guy with thick glasses, dressed in a gold suit, yelling at coffee-shop server with a really happy face on.
I'm not bashing you at all tho, dont get me wrong (i'm sure you were doing nothing of the sort), its just what I pictured. And grats on getting married!

Thank you !!! No Offense taken although you are not near describing me!!! HAHAH!!

I just wanna stand up for Smiley!! He seems like a great guy and Dont think he is trying to screw us!!!

QUOTE (KyDUDE @ May 23 2007, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanna stand up for Smiley!! He seems like a great guy and Dont think he is trying to screw us!!!

For the last time people. No one is attacking Smiley. Some people are just saying they don't think it is worth it at the new price. People do this everyday when thinking about what to buy. Why are people making such a big deal about that? You don't need to stand up for Smiley because he is not being attacked. I don't think anyone thinks he is trying to screw anyone.
Whether he has some "good" reason to up the prices is irrelevant.

smiley's was never worth the money for me anyways, i got 3 tubs of his stuff and threw it out after trying a bowl of each. Very bland favor, a lot of inconsistency, and it seemed very poor quality. just my opinion. And besides everyone talkinga bout inflation, i havent seen SB, AW, AA, Tangiers, or any other brand for that matter increase in price. Smiley did a basic business practice. Start with a low price, get ppl addicted, then they have no choice but to shell out whatever he charges for it. Luckily there are about 20 other brands to choose from. enjoy hookah

QUOTE (PersianPride @ May 23 2007, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (PerznPerversion @ May 22 2007, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (yashman19 @ May 22 2007, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NargileClub @ May 22 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1 me niether

Uh..what?

hes smoked too much asskicker lol

Hey sweet signature even tho. I'm not a monarchist

Ugh i see ur point. i always thought it represented the great kings of the past. like Darius or Cyrus. haha.. im not on a shahi, im far from it.

QUOTE (KyDUDE @ May 23 2007, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If its already discounted then holy shit, thats some expensive shisha.

Ok, everyone needs to chill out. For one, all the smack talking about smiley and the conspiracy theories need to stop. For those who don't know, Smiley explained it as best as he could on the other board.

"The price of supplies keep increaseing. So does the coast to import Tobacco fromn Turkey. This will be the only raise in price. Just to be able to cover the coats of production. I am sure you all understand Business and how much it costs to run a business. Everything is going up. Because of the fuel increase. Shipping got more expensive. Also import costs have increased a great deal. So I am sorry. But it is really out of my control. Not till the costs of fuels and Custome costs increase it affects everything and everybody. I did reduce prices om Hookahs and have offered a jar of Smiley's Shisha and a Roll of coals. Si I am trying to mkae life easier. But i am sorry again.
Smiley"

So you guys need to chill out. Tobacco is expensive, as is the rising cost of fuel. I support smiley and his business practices. For those that have actually been around long enough to know and not talk smack, they know that smileys reputation is second to none around here and he wouldn't purposely try to rip off any forum member.

So please, think before you talk, ok guys?

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ May 23 2007, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Words

I think you just beat the dead horse to a bloody pulp....

Everyone needs to stop telling everyone else to 'chill out'. This is a discussion board, so lets discuss, but lets not keep repeating ourselves until the cows come home, please... If the same info is going to be repeated by every single person, then the thread will just be closed. If you have something informative to say, then please by all means, say it.

QUOTE (Twang) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (KyDUDE) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the last time people. No one is attacking Smiley. Some people are just saying they don't think it is worth it at the new price. People do this everyday when thinking about what to buy. Why are people making such a big deal about that? You don't need to stand up for Smiley because he is not being attacked. I don't think anyone thinks he is trying to screw anyone.
Whether he has some "good" reason to up the prices is irrelevant.

Twang, I'm not going to reply to your response sentence by sentence like you do mine. This is what I think:

Either way, the price has gone up $2.95. That's the fact. Nobody but Smiley knows why because HE is the one that raised it. So it's just what it's worth to the consumer. If the consumer wants to pay it, they obviously enjoy it. I personally don't care. I make enough money that I can afford to pay an extra $2.95. Hell, I buy Starbuzz! lol I'm not complaining about the price. I'm one of those people that buys brand name stuff. Now yes, I'd like to find the best deal, but I don't care about price. It's just money. Budgets are budgets. I just got off a tight budget because I ran into some money at the Hard Rock in Seminole, FL smile.gif bling bling. Anyway. All Shifty was doing was informing. Not causing a ruckus. Oh well, that's what freedom of speach entails, I guess!

QUOTE (yashman19 @ May 23 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ May 23 2007, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Words

I think you just beat the dead horse to a bloody pulp....

Everyone needs to stop telling everyone else to 'chill out'. This is a discussion board, so lets discuss, but lets not keep repeating ourselves until the cows come home, please... If the same info is going to be repeated by every single person, then the thread will just be closed. If you have something informative to say, then please by all means, say it.

I'm sorry Yash, I didn't mean to beat the horse, but I find it offensive when people like djnick accuses smiley of "Start with a low price, get ppl addicted, then they have no choice but to shell out whatever he charges for it." when smiley has contributed so much to this board. I would hope that those that know smiley would be inclined to agree.

/end rant

QUOTE (Allia22 @ May 23 2007, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*sigh* I call for a thread lock. We've got a testosterone leak in aisle 7, somebody get a mop.

Well, seeing how the point of this thread was to inform people of the price increase, not bicker and complain, this thread will not be locked, but it will be moved to one of the other sections. There people can argue all they want, but it will still remain civil.

If things start to get out of hand, we're going to give out some 24h bans.

We'll move this thread in a few hours, to give people a chance to read this message so they don't think we simply deleted the thread. I personally don't think anything more needs to be said, but thats just me.