Smileys Price Increase

QUOTE (txhookahman @ May 23 2007, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Twang) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (KyDUDE) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanna stand up for Smiley!! He seems like a great guy and Dont think he is trying to screw us!!!

For the last time people. No one is attacking Smiley. Some people are just saying they don't think it is worth it at the new price. People do this everyday when thinking about what to buy. Why are people making such a big deal about that? You don't need to stand up for Smiley because he is not being attacked. I don't think anyone thinks he is trying to screw anyone.
Whether he has some "good" reason to up the prices is irrelevant.

Twang, I'm not going to reply to your response sentence by sentence like you do mine. This is what I think:

Either way, the price has gone up $2.95. That's the fact. Nobody but Smiley knows why because HE is the one that raised it. So it's just what it's worth to the consumer. If the consumer wants to pay it, they obviously enjoy it. I personally don't care. I make enough money that I can afford to pay an extra $2.95. Hell, I buy Starbuzz! lol I'm not complaining about the price. I'm one of those people that buys brand name stuff. Now yes, I'd like to find the best deal, but I don't care about price. It's just money. Budgets are budgets. I just got off a tight budget because I ran into some money at the Hard Rock in Seminole, FL smile.gif bling bling. Anyway. All Shifty was doing was informing. Not causing a ruckus. Oh well, that's what freedom of speach entails, I guess!

You just don't get it do you. It is not that people can't afford it. It is, why buy something for X amount if you can buy something BETTER for X amount. I don't think Smileys is that good, that is why I won't buy it. It is my opinion that it isn't that good. Others agree.

It is pretty obvious that Shifty wasn't trying to cause ruckus. Neither was I, or anyone else that said they don't think it is worth it at that price. <- Thats freedom of speech (by the way). No one is trying to tell other people they shouldn't buy it. People are just expressing their opinion.

Unlike you, I am done with this topic. I feel like I have to lower myself on this thread. It feels like I am trying to explain simple things over and over again to a mentally retarded toddler that thinks someone else is responsible for the poop in his diaper.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ May 23 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (yashman19 @ May 23 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ May 23 2007, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Words

I think you just beat the dead horse to a bloody pulp....

Everyone needs to stop telling everyone else to 'chill out'. This is a discussion board, so lets discuss, but lets not keep repeating ourselves until the cows come home, please... If the same info is going to be repeated by every single person, then the thread will just be closed. If you have something informative to say, then please by all means, say it.

I'm sorry Yash, I didn't mean to beat the horse, but I find it offensive when people like djnick accuses smiley of "Start with a low price, get ppl addicted, then they have no choice but to shell out whatever he charges for it." when smiley has contributed so much to this board. I would hope that those that know smiley would be inclined to agree.

/end rant

Ok well first off thats what alot of businesses do. Its actually Pretty smart, let the consumer try it for a cheap price and if they like it theyll keep buying hopefully even after the price increase.. its ok though, its business and people have to survive in this world. I dont think he meant any harm when he said that but you take offense to it because ur a big time supporter of smiley.. Which is seen by your support of hookahpro. which is a shitty forum btw and i think its rude to have a signature like that in this forum but thats my opinion and a whole different topic. Basically both sides to need to chill including me. mmk im over it smile.gif

Dude, I don't think you get it. Smileys shisha was sold at the lowest possible cost, per the agreement with the forum and the Nargile Club that he made just for us. (he also set the price point that way with other distributors too, like MNH) This guy purposely made three seperate accounts and paid for all three to become premium. Anytime some one has a question, smiley gladly offers his support, even if its not his product. While I have never met smiley in person, I do feel with my chit chats with him that he is a stand up guy and that his price increases are legitimate. When I hear from some people that he's only out to get us hooked and then jack up the price, that makes me mad, b/c I know that when I do business with smiley, he looks out for his customers, unlike some of the other companies on this board.

Furthermore in response to hookah pro, its a brand new site. Its been up for what... less than a month? I find that HP has much more meaningful discussion and I am grateful for those that are running it and giving me another place to talk about something I love to do. I am a supporter of that site because its a supporter of hookah. Likewise, my reasons for posting here at HF are the same as to why I post at HP. By expanding HP's member base, we also expand the conversation and awareness of hookah. There is nothing in the rules that states I can't have a link to another hookah site whatsoever, nor do I have it in obnoxiously big bold text that grabs attention.

If I am wrong, so be it. But I think that given smileys reputation we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps you should go back and read as to why smiley started to make his own shisha in the first place, eh? wink.gif

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ May 23 2007, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, I don't think you get it. Smileys shisha was sold at the lowest possible cost, per the agreement with the forum and the Nargile Club that he made just for us. (he also set the price point that way with other distributors too, like MNH) This guy purposely made three seperate accounts and paid for all three to become premium. Anytime some one has a question, smiley gladly offers his support, even if its not his product. While I have never met smiley in person, I do feel with my chit chats with him that he is a stand up guy and that his price increases are legitimate. When I hear from some people that he's only out to get us hooked and then jack up the price, that makes me mad, b/c I know that when I do business with smiley, he looks out for his customers, unlike some of the other companies on this board.

Furthermore in response to hookah pro, its a brand new site. Its been up for what... less than a month? I find that HP has much more meaningful discussion and I am grateful for those that are running it and giving me another place to talk about something I love to do. I am a supporter of that site because its a supporter of hookah. Likewise, my reasons for posting here at HF are the same as to why I post at HP. By expanding HP's member base, we also expand the conversation and awareness of hookah. There is nothing in the rules that states I can't have a link to another hookah site whatsoever, nor do I have it in obnoxiously big bold text that grabs attention.

If I am wrong, so be it. But I think that given smileys reputation we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps you should go back and read as to why smiley started to make his own shisha in the first place, eh? wink.gif

Well in my opinion its sort of disrespecting this forum and im sure alot of ppl would agree with me and im not quite getting what your saying. you say that you go there cuz its more meaningful yet you post here cuz of the same reason. that doesnt make sense. Honestly i think that pro is a peice of shit forum that changes or deletes posts for no good reason.

This thread is about smileys shisha not the other forum....I will make a seperate thread for the other forum to post my views.. but lets stay on topic.

not trying to be rude, i just dont want this thread to be closed due to topic hijacking. Edited by kornkitten42

This thread started about price, not once did anyone say anything bad about smiley. People just wanted to know why he increased his price. Whats wrong with consumers asking that question? As a consumer it is our right to ask and know things, this way we can understand why it is done. Edited by oggie505#2

QUOTE (Allia22 @ May 23 2007, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*sigh* I call for a thread lock. We've got a testosterone leak in aisle 7, somebody get a mop.

Well thats better than a leak from the other gender blink.gif

Now Now children. No yelling in the library.

I'll speak a little louder.

NO YELLING IN THE LIBRARY!!!!!111!!!!@@@!@!@1121!

wink.gif

The extra $2 wouldn't stop me either, I just wish he's carry Layalina as well, that way I could order everything from 1 place and be uber happy. I still want to try the Horshca (sp) and I love the bowl I bought - it's picky and sometimes hard to use, but when it's going good - it's going good!

Gas went up = Shipping prices went up = food prices will follow

So what if tobacco goes up alittle as well.

QUOTE (lazria @ May 25 2007, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The extra $2 wouldn't stop me either, I just wish he's carry Layalina as well, that way I could order everything from 1 place and be uber happy. I still want to try the Horshca (sp) and I love the bowl I bought - it's picky and sometimes hard to use, but when it's going good - it's going good!

Gas went up = Shipping prices went up = food prices will follow

So what if tobacco goes up alittle as well.

Yeah, I love how minimum wage goes up so people can afford to live, then a few months later, everything else goes up in price again.

well I didn't hack my way through five pages of garbage, just for fun so I don't knkow if this has been said before.

It appears everyone has risen in price. Tangiers, Fumari (admittedly they did it first) and I think even layalina, i'm sure others have but I don't check thier prices.

The wedding cake just tasted like glycerine. 10$ for the same tub is outragous. The flavor is too unstable in the first place.

+1 on that. I asked him if he would send me a flavorless sample so i can flavor the shit myself and the bitch never even bothered to respond. Looks like i can just order wedding cake and get what i wanted, but no use, i can find many other tasteless shishas for cheaper than $7/150g's.

Of course any assclown would have realized that to make a more potent shisha you just have to add more flavoring (given its a tasteable flavoring in the first place which wedding cake is not) but you probably dont cause your a cheap fuck. You just lost a paying customer.

I am all for people talking about if they feel the price is worth it or not, but your post is just unnecessary. Why get vulgor, it does not get any point across, it just looks bad one you. Posts like that could get the thread locked, which I hope it does not.

well what happened to posts like this being deleted and people getting bans?

That seemed pretty rude, and ban hammer deserving........ testical needs the boot that post was uncalled for.

:edited for spelling: Edited by kornkitten42

QUOTE (Testical @ May 26 2007, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Words

dude that's the most ignorant thing i've ever heard spew out of someones mouth. no reason to insult a person because he didnt "bother to respond" right away. the man is running a business. also, just out of curiosity, you realize that even the other shisha companies eventually have some bad batches that people get. i've been reading recently that people were getting bad starbuzz batches so lighten up bro. Edited by yashman19

In the future guys, report posts like these, as a mod will not ALWAYS see these types of things right away. So to get the best results, if you report it, we'll get a pop-up email and can take care of it much faster.

I personally am quite tired of re-reading this thread over and over, so I'm trying to stay away from it. But luckily I decided to check back just for a reply similar to this, lo and behold.. smile.gif

So yeah, in the future if you want quick action, help us out by reporting it.

Yeah, I raised my wholesale from $25 to $27 (California Excise Tax paid) and from $23 to $25(No state excise tax paid). Sorry about that.

If I had a similar website, I would retail Tangiers for $10/250g plus shipping, so $9 for a 250g (?) container is fine.

I think Smiley changed tobacco suppliers...which might explain the change in price.

This thread sucks. Some of you people really suck.

I'm sick of watching some of you people be intentionally hostile and mean to each other and then piss other people off. If you want to be a real jerk and piss someone off, plug a hairdryer in and jump in bathtub full of water. If you guys can't keep a civil tongue and treat the other people on the Forum with respect, Fuck off. You got an opinion, fine, don't be hostile towards other people that disagree with you or that offer an opposing opinion. There's a couple people floating around this thread that I'm looking at in particular. I will personally take in interest in sitting on your shoulder like a fat, 400 lb. parrot and when I shit, you will know it...unless you straighten your act out. Seriously. Yash is here telling you guys to chill out, and you are ignoring him. Maybe the key to getting this place nice and friendly again is to whack all the assholes who don't know how to be respectful of other people. You have been warned. I will not hesitate to ban people for this kind of crap at all in the future.

Yash or somebody, lock this thread.

Sonthert

Edit: Most people here are perfectly civil and I apologize to you that you have to put up with it. The moderators will get this mess cleaned up, trust me. Edited by Officer Rod Farva