Hookah Bliss Part 1

Well, its like this. I have to fil out this form for the Planning commision. I have to give a detailed set of measurements of the store front, include pictures of that it looks like now, include pictures of what I want the sign to look like and it's dimensions and add a check for about 125 bucks.
They then take from 3 weeks to 3 months to ok it and send me a ltter. I take that letter, fill out another form, add more 8x10 colour glossy phtots with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back one explaining what each one is, with another check, to the sign commision for thier approval. Then I can paint the words "hookah bliss" on the wall. so its going to take a while.

In the meantime i have painted out the old sign and have a temp banner comming, that can be up to 34 sq ft. and say anything it wants. *sigh*
So thats the sign situation.....

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap man! all that for the blood sign- dang... is the same rules just to put something on the glass of the window too? that is crazy man. Wow. well good luck with that sign stuff. i am around during the days if you ever need a hand with anything. aight man. catch you up later. Marrekesh just isnt as much fun without you dude. Aight later.

hey Jeep...
I stopped in there thursday before the SCA meeting. Place was dead. We're going to the beer fest today and headed over to MY place afterward to show a friend from out of state. May do a little BYOB and smoke while we're there. We move the benches in Sunday and that will be the last of the big stuff. After that its finish scrubbing the floor and cleaning everything. I have a fire extinguisher company coming monday to set me up and the guy iu supposed to come onday or tuesday to tune up my espresso machine. I got the CC processing company onboard, but they put in the wrong zip code so my receipts read Selman, NC not Chapel Hill. They are going to fix the monday morning.

The big killer at this point is the AC unit. Which the Landlady assured me was in good working order is totally shot. It and the air handleing unit in the basement both have to be replaced. And we aren't talking peanuts here. ANd i;ll tell you what, *I'M* sure as hell not paying for it. My lease says I'll maintain it, buit that implies that it's working in the first place. More drama on that Monday..I'll keep you all posted. I'll post more pics on sunday when we get the seating set up.
Thanks for all the help and support foolks. It's helped a lot.

Well, i get fire and health inspections Friday morning. Ready for the fire inspector, not sur eanout the health..oh and I ran ovber my laptop with my truck thismorning so my access is going to be limited to Late nights until This weekend when I go get a new on...
been that kinda week. I'll let you know how I do on the inspections.

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 4 2007, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, i get fire and health inspections Friday morning. Ready for the fire inspector, not sur eanout the health..oh and I ran ovber my laptop with my truck thismorning so my access is going to be limited to Late nights until This weekend when I go get a new on...

how did you manage running over your labtop? lol

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ May 4 2007, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ May 4 2007, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how did you manage running over your labtop? lol

Psh, thats easy. What I wanna know is what the laptop was doing behind the wheel.. happy.gif

Sorry Mush, but thats pretty funny. Sorry for your loss sad.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ May 7 2007, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Passed fire inspection. One more official to go and i can get my permits!

Man I can't wait! I am stoked that Hookah Bliss is near the up and runniong point! Oh and sorry to hear about your laptop- that is pretty harsh. Well best of luck with the last of the inspections and hope to hear it goes well soon.

looks great, i might have to make a trip down to north carolina and check this place out!

but just a suggestion...proof read your site...

for example, under tobaccos--al amir- Mocha late, there's an extra n on baharini under layalina, horchata for smiley's, etc.

It's nothing major, but it makes the site look a lot more professional when there are no spelling and/or grammar errors on the site.

QUOTE (leadpipecinch21 @ May 8 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks great, i might have to make a trip down to north carolina and check this place out!

but just a suggestion...proof read your site...

for example, under tobaccos--al amir- Mocha late, there's an extra n on baharini under layalina, horchata for smiley's, etc.

It's nothing major, but it makes the site look a lot more professional when there are no spelling and/or grammar errors on the site.

yea second that, actually Bahrainin is spelled right but Eskandarani isn't, haha

I like it though mushrat, hope business goes well. Edited by whatsacorbin

damn mush, i like the tobacco list! its a nice selection compared to the "here is the only brand we offer, if you don't like it then too bad"

Ya, my wifr just came home and said I need to check some of the typo's..
i'll make notes and pass them along to my web designer...mayhave been my mistakes in the copy I gave her..either way..it'll get fixed tomorrow.

Keep up the comments folks!

And yes..im going to be a tired little mushrat.