Miracles Do Happen

DrSmokes

I apologize now for a semi-long post. I'm going to start from the beginning.

About this time last year, my wife went to the hospital in excruciating pain (and she has a very very high pain threshold). The idiot MD first told her she had ovarian cancer and that she needed to get checked out further (this freaked her out badly PLUS, no ER doctor can diagnose that without any sort of further testing anyways). So we do as he said, and had further tests done. It turned out that it was not cancer, thank God. She did, however, have stage 4 endometriosis (scaring of the uterine tissue that can extend into the abdominal cavity, causing severe pain...many women fear of having this diagnosis). Usually women experience years of pain but she didn't, and we feel it was due to my chiropractic treatments. So it got so bad, the scaring formed a blood cyst (endometrioma) of about 5 x 5 x 5 cm. That's what caused the excruciating pain.

She went in to have surgery a few weeks later, they removed most of the scaring and 3 cysts (not as big as the first one they saw on the ultrasound though). Afterward, the surgeon sat us down and basically said "you will not be able to get pregnant naturally" and then went on to referring us to a fertility clinic. My wife cried, and with that, I told him "fuck you" (in my mind of course, would have been nice to say out loud though). I reassured my wife that everything will be ok. I started treating her for hormonal imbalances (I had my reasons and would bore you if I explained), and got her on high dose proteolytic enzymes to break up the scar tissue in the Fallopian tubes, as well as many other supportive supplements. Did specific chiropractic and CMRT treatments (aka bloodless surgery). She was back to work after 6 weeks, and the surgeon saw her (as she is a nurse at the same hospital that she had her surgery) and asked how she was up and moving around so well already and that most women take over 6 months to really get back on their feet from a surgery that extensive. She said "bc of my chiropractor", and with that he rolled his eyes and moved on.

Well, 3 months after all the treatments, we found out we are pregnant!!!! In fact, we are due at the end of May. Not sure how much I'll be seeing you guys soon, but just wanted to let everyone know...as we are super excited and couldn't be happier! 

With that being said...funny story after she had a belly. The surgeon again saw her in the halls as her belly was getting bigger and he said "Oh, so in vitro worked?" (as that is what he recommended and we didn't tell him we weren't going to listen to him), and she said "No, my chiropractor helped me get pregnant" and with that, he rolled his eyes and left again. He also over heard her 2 months ago when she was talking to her friends at work about me helping another woman out with the same issue (infertility), who is now pregnant with twins after trying for 5 years, and in vitro 3 times. As the word got out, I'm now working with 3 more women on infertility issues!! Looking forward to bringing them the joy of pregnancy as it has for my wife and I!

Today marks 7 weeks until the due date. We are excited to do a home water birth and can't wait to meet our lil one. We don't know the sex as we want to be surprised!!!!

tl;dr going to be a daddy in ~7 weeks!

I'll keep my opinions on all of that to myself, and just say CONGRATS! I'm glad everything has worked out for you :)

Don't worry, I've likely (99.9%) heard all opinions regarding the way we are doing the birthing process, as well as people's opinions of my profession and what they THINK (not know) we can or cannot do. Opinions won't change my wife's mind (which I'm surprised that she even decided on this as she was hell bent on hospital birth, she's very bull headed), and close minded opinions on my profession will not make me stop the way I practice, as people drive quite a ways just to see me due to the way I practice.

Thank you for the congrats, I just don't think you should have preluded with "I'll keep my opinions to myself". Really doesn't sit well when people say that as that sounds demeaning and like you do not approve. I'm not here to argue, just defending my wife, my child, and my profession all at once since there is something you don't like about at least 1 of those things.

Congrats, Doc!

I love my chiropractor. I was on pain meds and muscle relaxers for my neck for a year. 2 months of Adjustments and and I am off both meds and have full range of motion in my neck again!

• Upvote 1

Congratulations man! I'm quite the opposite as I'm excited to not have children unless of course they're furry. I wish you, your wife, and child the best of health! Edited by Codyb88

Congratulations!!!

Will this be your first child?

Yes it will be! 

I have nothing against chiropractors but I prefer physical therapy to be completely honest.

They both work great together. I have a lot of patients (including my wife) who've done PT for years without much relief and then in as little as 1 visit, they get more relief than they've ever had. Both are great, I just feel that they work best hand in hand. So much more can be achieved in much little time.

Me and my girlfriend have had the opposite effect. It definitely has a lot to do with the actual issue. And it also depends on how good the chiropractor/PT is. My mom is an AMAZING PT. She is known all over the southcoast area. And she works wonders. I suffer from vertebral artery compression. I'm a short broad guy with a big neck and no room in there. So if I tense my neck up a lot when puffing the hookah or running or moving heavy stuff, my neck swells a bit and cuts off my vertebral artery which causes dizziness and neck pain and feeling like I'm floating. She has made my life 100000x better. I had seen a chiropractor prior to talking to my mom because I wanted to experience it myself ... and lets just say it was a terrible experience and I went to 2 different ones.

My girlfriend has the same issue with her neck but for a different reason, my neck is too tight/strong, hers is too loose and easily becomes manipulated. She had the same experience as I did and my mom fixed her too.

I definitely recommend everyone to try both and see what you/your issue prefers.

Congratulations!!!

Will this be your first child?

Yes it will be!  

Get ready to learn what it means to love someone.

I'm very happy for you and your wife.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...