What Else Can I Put In The Base Of My Hookah?

I've heard of people putting liquids other than water in the base of their hookah. Things like vodka and juice.

Has anyone tried this before? What did you put in the base and what was the effect?

I don't drink so vodka and other alcohol isn't very relevant to me.

Most people will just say "WATER". Always the best choice.

Other popular choices:
1 - Ice - Good for cooling smoke. But it melts after a while, and some complain that it deadens the tobacco flavor.
2 - Liquor - Gives your smoke a nice, alcoholic aroma. Make sure to not waste good drinks in your vase, and only mix in a shot or two in the vase water.
3 - Fruit slices - Lime and lemon slices look awesome and give a fresh aroma to the water. However, it's a pain to clean up, and not the best use of fruit.
4 - Milk - Avoid at all costs. Makes a dreadful mess of your vase, and the entire pipe will need a thorough cleaning to prevent an awful "old milk" smell.

HellZ cut it out. Someone idiot is gonna try that and get hurt...

Anyways, if you use ice, make sure the water is already cool in your vase so the temp change doesnt crack it.

I've got friends who put orange soda in the base when they smoke Tangiers Orange Soda.

I just prefer water.

Hehe, sorry... was trying to be a funny guy.

But back on a serious note.. I've always used water. Sometimes with ice. Can't imagine using anything else being worthwhile.

newbs <_< Page 2 of the section you posted this thread in...[b][url="http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/45527-refrigerating-shisha-mixing-stuff-in-the-water/"]mixing stuff in the water[/url][/b]
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1336347471' post='546800']
-Cold water
-Lukewarm water
-Somewhere in between cold water and lukewarm water
[/quote]

water water water water water and more water or less depending on your hookah

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1336358227' post='546805']
[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1336347471' post='546800']
-Cold water
-Lukewarm water
-Somewhere in between cold water and lukewarm water
[/quote]

water water water water water and more water or less depending on your hookah
[/quote]

I think you forgot to mention water :) So let me, water!

I remember this one time I got all crazy n'stuff, I put water in my vase! Living on the wild side....

i've put so much random stuff into my vase and sometimes you dont even notice bit but one thing i will tell you, you will notice egg nog

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1336437889' post='546873']
i've put so much random stuff into my vase and sometimes you dont even notice bit but one thing i will tell you, you will notice egg nog
[/quote]

That sounds horrible, both in taste and in clean up! What flavor shisha did you use?