SOPA Round Two

Chreees

Let's beat round two, guys... I can't believe ISPs are willing to do this to their customers. I guess the RIAA and MPAA paid them quite a lot of money to make them not care about their customers, the people who they serve.

http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/backdoor_sopa/?source=fb

Honestly, I think we're just screwed this time. Given the monopolies these providers have been given, and the fact that they're already waging a war on their customers through bandwidth restrictions, I just don't see them listening to us. We have no means of negotiating with them. Edited by Christopher Mason Taylor

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1332282397' post='542975']
It's simple, quit buying the RIAA's crap.

If you buy a download from itunes, or a new CD, you are funding their BS.
[/quote]
I just listen to the radio (FM and XM) for music, and watch television (OTA and Roku) for shows and movies.
I haven't bought a CD or DVD in years because of their crap.

Honestly this is just another method for the government to attempt to control the itnernet, and the users that utilize it - much like China
signed-

[quote name='Satou' timestamp='1332306439' post='542993']
Honestly this is just another method for the government to attempt to control the itnernet, and the users that utilize it - much like China
signed-
[/quote]
I think their goal is to control us.

signed-
[/quote]

This isn't a government policy. So that doesn't really make sense.

[quote name='Christopher Mason Taylor' timestamp='1332321983' post='543004']
signed-
[/quote]

[/quote]

The white house is throwing 100^% of their support behind this.

Poached from their blog...[indent]
[i]The joining of Internet service providers and entertainment companies in a cooperative effort to combat online infringement can further this goal and we commend them for reaching this agreement. We believe it will have a significant impact on reducing online piracy.[/i]
[i]We believe that this agreement is a positive step and consistent with our strategy of encouraging voluntary efforts to strengthen online intellectual property enforcement and with our broader Internet policy principles, emphasizing privacy, free speech, competition and due process.[/i]
[i]As such, we will follow the implementation and outcomes of this arrangement with great interest. Our expectation is that the new organization created by it will have ongoing consultations with privacy and freedom of expression advocacy groups to assure that its practices are fully consistent with the democratic values that have helped the Internet to flourish.[/i]
[i]Simultaneously, the Administration will continue to pursue comprehensive solutions to the problems associated with Internet piracy, including increased law enforcement and educational awareness. To win the future and succeed in the global economy, it is critical to protect the intellectual property of America’s innovators and creators.[/i][/indent]

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1332873595' post='543491']
[quote name='Christopher Mason Taylor' timestamp='1332321983' post='543004']
signed-
[/quote]

[/quote]

The white house is throwing 100^% of their support behind this.

Poached from their blog...
[indent=1]
[i]The joining of Internet service providers and entertainment companies in a cooperative effort to combat online infringement can further this goal and we commend them for reaching this agreement. We believe it will have a significant impact on reducing online piracy.[/i]
[i]We believe that this agreement is a positive step and consistent with our strategy of encouraging voluntary efforts to strengthen online intellectual property enforcement and with our broader Internet policy principles, emphasizing privacy, free speech, competition and due process.[/i]
[i]As such, we will follow the implementation and outcomes of this arrangement with great interest. Our expectation is that the new organization created by it will have ongoing consultations with privacy and freedom of expression advocacy groups to assure that its practices are fully consistent with the democratic values that have helped the Internet to flourish.[/i]
[i]Simultaneously, the Administration will continue to pursue comprehensive solutions to the problems associated with Internet piracy, including increased law enforcement and educational awareness. To win the future and succeed in the global economy, it is critical to protect the intellectual property of America’s innovators and creators.[/i][/indent]
[/quote]

The White House also, as I understand it, supports getting more exercise. That doesn't mean they own the concept.