Izundu Electric Hookah?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kmccoy90' timestamp='1293295918' post='492329']
I don't see how this is different from a machine that vaporizes (or is that a banned topic?).
[/quote]

We use NHT and NH to talk about those other devices. :)

I know, I just wasn't sure how I could specify the type of device. I tried to step around using the actual word for it. Haha. I just don't see much difference. They both seem to simply cook the contents into a vapor to be inhaled through the hose. This hookah even looks like one of those devices.

[quote name='kmccoy90' timestamp='1293298899' post='492333']
They both seem to simply cook the contents into a vapor to be inhaled through the hose. This hookah even looks like one of those devices.
[/quote]

Thats essentially how any hookah loaded with modern mossal hookah tobacco works though. Vaporization of the glycerin/other juice is main reason big clouds even exist.

I have spoken with the guy who makes this product. I'm going to let him answer questions about his product. Since he hasn't become a vendor yet i told him to keep it factual without pushing the product.

His name is currently Tony I.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1293296286' post='492330']
and i told him he'd need to be an official vendor to discuss his stuff. :)
[/quote]

Ok cool, I was just trying to help out the guys here, as Tony is on the other forums answering questions.

[quote name='kmccoy90' timestamp='1293298899' post='492333']
I know, I just wasn't sure how I could specify the type of device. I tried to step around using the actual word for it. Haha. I just don't see much difference. They both seem to simply cook the contents into a vapor to be inhaled through the hose. This hookah even looks like one of those devices.
[/quote]

I was daydreaming a few months ago about something like this. I thought of a two-chambered bowl stacked one on top of the other. The top has holes along the rim like a reverse-phunnel (Crown makes a bowl like that) and an "oven" on the bottom where you put the coals. It looks something like the letter 'C'.

Electric hookah, for some reason it would be less enjoyable.

Besides, AC powered heater leaking a trace of current + moist hose + moist lip = unhappy experience. It would have to be operated only on a ground-fault protected circuit... not all that common outside kitchens, and bathrooms.

I'd love to be free of coals. I could put up with an ugly little hookah if the smoke and flavor were great. My concern would be whether or not they offer some kind of warranty on the unit. If it craps out in a few months, then I'm out $65 and stuck with a rather ugly piece of garbage. But if they guarantee it for more than a year, and if it smokes as great as it looks like it might, I don't care what it looks like. Freedom from coals would be awesome.

I like the idea of consistent heat on my shisha that I don't have to futz with. Very appealing.

The reason i like coals is becuase you can really adjust it to each persons taste..small amount of heat for those who dont like big clouds just want the bowl to last forever. OR those who just want super big clouds with a bit of harshness. Im not sure how well the temp range can do this..but plus side is my girl wont be the crap out of me for coals dropping on the carpet.

[quote name='kmccoy90' timestamp='1293295918' post='492329']
I don't see how this is different from a machine that vaporizes (or is that a banned topic?).
[/quote]

Happy Holidays everyone,
I'm Tony Izundu. The Izundu Hookah is entirely different from a vaporizer. The Izundu Hookah smokes real tobacco using electric heaters and not a liquefied nicotine solution. Its more identical to a traditional hookah pipe with the exception that it doesn't use charcoal.

Heat regulation.
We've designed the heat production of the Izundu Hookah to mimic the temperature of a traditional hookah when you draw and release. (Each draw of the pipe increases the the heat level of the charcoal and the release causes a temperature drop). The temperature range of the Izundu Hookah is sufficiently optimized to accommodate the differing heat requirements of all tobacco brands. In the unlikely event that you think the temperature is too high you can intermittently turn off the pipe.

Smoke Duration:
A full head can last you for about 80mins(60mins+20mins) The product automatically shuts off after 60mins. When this happens simply power back on.

Welcome to HF Tony! Hope you enjoyed the holiday.

Tony has offered to send me one of these to review so I will be able to put it to the test for you guys. I will toy around with it using Tangiers Lucid. I will attempt to make a phunnel mod for it. A youtube video will be made, as well as a written review perhaps. Really anxious to see how well this thing works. I'll keep you guys updated.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1293765127' post='492946']

Tony has offered to send me one of these to review so I will be able to put it to the test for you guys. I will toy around with it using Tangiers Lucid. I will attempt to make a phunnel mod for it. A youtube video will be made, as well as a written review perhaps. Really anxious to see how well this thing works. I'll keep you guys updated.
[/quote]

yay
if it works well i may have to get one

I'm more than a little dubious about buying an appliance like this without a better warranty than 7 days. You can return it within 30 days but, if I understood what I read, only those parts of it that haven't been used. ??? The policy page is a little confusing.

They kindly wrote me an email in response to my concerns that made me feel a little better about it, [i]"First, the critical electrical components for the pipe are the heaters and the thermostat. Both items are UL certified and are designed to last for at least 5yrs of heavy use.(3hours every day for 5yrs) Such activity level is mostly indigenous to lounges with high turnover. We are a small business and recognize the high financial and reputation cost of defective items. As such, we take great efforts to ensure that each product meets our vigorous quality standards. [/i] [i] [/i]

[i]In addition, we are considering increasing the warranty to 30 days. The reason for the limited warranty is that product defects are easily detected. Our test show that if a manufacturer defect is not discovered within 30 days there is likely no such problem. Any problems discovered there after are likely the result of poor product management."[/i]

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1293765127' post='492946']

[/quote]

i am so excited