Km Tri-metal Mashal Premium From Hj

Here is the full shot of the hookah with my bohemian vase and the gold tangiers windcover.

Has the same work on the ice bucket as the original mashal.

As you can see the welds from the galvanized steel to the copper is very clean and same goes for the brass to galvanized steel.

You can see in this pic the welds on the hose and purge valve are pretty much the same quality as the "normal" KM's.

Purgre and Hose port holes ... a little bit cleaner than your average KM, but nothing to write home about.

The heart, there are the typical scratches and marks on the heart, not quite as many as my OG tri-metal, but there are still marks on these "premium" km's. It is hard to see, but there is a chip towards the bottom as well.

Keep in mind I only purchased a stem from HJ, I already had this bohemian vase and I already have a HJ Narbish Hose. I payed 110 For the Mashal Stem + the coal tray. The Tangiers sized gold windcover cost me 16 bucks.

I haven't smoked out of it yet, but everything is pretty much the same as a normal KM, the only difference, at least with mine is that the welds are cleaner. Other than that the pipe and quality of metals seems to be the exact same as the normal KM's. (although John said in one of his youtube videos that the distributor said the down stems are brass coated in something to look like stainless steel .. ?) But, I do not know if that is true or not.

I'm not going to say not to buy one of the premium ones, because it is nice to have clean welds, nicer designs (IMHO) and what not, but if you are strapped for cash, it is pretty much the same as your typical KM's. i would say get one if you have extra money and really like the look of one of the designs. When I saw the tri-metal mash'al I said I had to have it because I am a sucker for the mash'als, so that is why I bought it. I am not dissapointed at all.

I will post some smoking pics after I smoke out of her tonight.

QUOTE (redjako @ Aug 26 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gorgeous pipe amigo..

Does anyone else hate the ice try? I've never liked em on the KM's...anyone ever USE the suckers?

I feel like the pipe above is an example of one that incorporates an ice tray a little more gracefully. I'm not a fan of them myself usually, but it sure looks a lot better than this...

[attachment=4038:Chiller_1_S_B_T.jpg]

...for example

QUOTE (dakur001 @ Aug 26 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The blue and gold look stunning together, looking forward to smoke pics!

thanks man, they will be on at some point tonight or tomorrow morning, depends on how long we smoke, heh.

QUOTE (joytron @ Aug 26 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
easily one of the most beautiful pipes i have seen.

but wait... wheres the smoking pics?!

You'll get em, don't worry.

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Aug 26 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
simply amazing man..its so beautiful..it would be hard for me to smoke in this..

Heh, yeah I hear you on that.

Gorgeous pipe amigo..

Does anyone else hate the ice try? I've never liked em on the KM's...anyone ever USE the suckers?

QUOTE (dakur001 @ Aug 26 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gorgeous pipe amigo..

I feel like the pipe above is an example of one that incorporates an ice tray a little more gracefully. I'm not a fan of them myself usually, but it sure looks a lot better than this...

[attachment=4038:Chiller_1_S_B_T.jpg]

...for example

Personally, I don't use the ice bucket unless i smoke outside and it is very hot, keeps the smoke room temp and not getting hot.

I think they look beautiful though, I am a big fan of the "look" of the ice bucket on the mash'al.

QUOTE (hookah hippie @ Aug 26 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow

the welds look really nice on that KM and damn it looks good with the bohemian base

Yah that seems like the main thing with the premiums, just clean welds.

QUOTE (Spats @ Aug 26 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beautiful pipe and an EVEN better setting for it!!! I dunno if I'd
be allowed to live if I took mine outa "my room"...

heh we smoke in there sometimes, it is the dining room! My room is a mess to, so don't feel bad.

Smoking pics as requested ...

Was smoking nakhla chocomint

(used my Egyptian bohemian because i can't find a grommet that will work for the jumbo bohemian, you can see it off to the side :-( )

There are a few for you guys!

Does anyone notice when it is very very humid ... the clouds aren't AS big? I mean I am still happy with the clouds but when its really sticky and humid out, the clouds don't seem to be AS great ... just a pattern i've noticed.

QUOTE (delSol_si @ Aug 27 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice hookah and smoke man! The jumbo takes a size 32 gasket if I remember correctly. If you ever do find a vendor who carries that size gasket let me know, I am interested in one as well.

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1058-hookah-base-grommet.html

The large fits 2" vases.

QUOTE (Zinite @ Aug 27 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (delSol_si @ Aug 27 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice hookah and smoke man! The jumbo takes a size 32 gasket if I remember correctly. If you ever do find a vendor who carries that size gasket let me know, I am interested in one as well.

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1058-hookah-base-grommet.html

The large fits 2" vases.

Sweet, thanks! I just ordered a large from hookahkings.com to see if it would work, so hopefully it does!