Mini Phunnel Talk

for what its worth i would like to vouch for drabin, stubbs, and renegade. both are friends of mine off of hookah trail on stickam, and are all very active on another forum. i've been trying to rope them this way for a bit now and finally had a good incentive for them. they wont buy and run or anythign like that. if you look ren is already contributing to the forums i believe

USPS reached a new level of stupid today. They have no idea of the weight of the boxes. So I called up a post office and asked the weight of the box and apparently the box that I want to use is not kept at post offices. So then I just ask them to weigh a box they have and give the dimensions. I used a ratio of surface area and mass to calculate the apprx mass of the box I plan on using and it came up to like 3.4OZ and I want to say (+/-) 1Oz. And the phunnels weigh. 8.5 (+/-)1OZ SO we may be able to pull this off inexpensively. Now for precision I ask that you wait for quotes as I am waiting for the weight of a damn box!

physics have been involved? AMAZING!

We were supposed to have a deadline of next Saturday anyway, lets all remember, so anytime before that is ahead of schedule! Yay!

And I agree USPS is stupid indeed. Because they don't have scales everywhere in the damn post office, inCLUDING where you have your packages WEIGHED to ship in the FIRST PLACE!?!?!?! Aparently so.

Lol thats really funny, they couldnt just weigh the box in the store? I wonder if the calculator includes the handling too (box weight and all) when you include that in the calculator?

I am real excited sorry for not posting been away all weekend.

IV. I have to say thanks again for going through all this work to get the mini phunnels out to everybody. +1,000,000 Karma Points.

I think performing actual work in a government post office requires forming a commitee to study the environmental impact of the packaging, and assessing the losses in agricultural productivity resulting from the increased landfill requirements, then setting up the program to monitor the cost effectiveness of maintaining the package weight in question (including the enclosed bowl) while still providing award winning service to America's customerszzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ....... bad.gif

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 20 2008, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I say make the mini the new small, make the small the medium, and the medium the large.....and the large....the hell with it!

Just noticed this...best thought this thread has had.

+1,000,000

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Oct 20 2008, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I say make the mini the new small, make the small the medium, and the medium the large.....and the large....the hell with it!

+1,000,000

+1 I have a small and a medium and really dont see a difference between them. Stupid 2 jobs and school... I haven't been able to log onto the forum for like a week now... I think priority should go to the premium members that have been here and premium for more then half a year. //Now I'm just being a jerk... You snooze you loose :'-(

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Oct 20 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1,000,000

Agreed. I think the medium is overkill. I use my small phunnel the most.

QUOTE (newjacksm @ Oct 20 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol thats really funny, they couldnt just weigh the box in the store? I wonder if the calculator includes the handling too (box weight and all) when you include that in the calculator?

I am real excited sorry for not posting been away all weekend.

Well the box is going to you as well isn't it? So the box weight matters and I have confirmed it with a rep but they still can't tell me the damn weight!

So this will kind of sound like a tease, but I'm just telling everyone straight up. I spoke with Eric briefly about the mini phunnels when I was at his hookah lounge Friday night. Based upon that conversation, I'd say it's pretty unlikely that you'll ever see these go into regular production, for a few reasons. I won't go into those reasons here, because they really should come from Eric directly - I don't want to speak on his behalf.

This is never to say perhaps another special order of them would be considered. But, unfortunately, I really wouldn't get your hopes up about being able to purchase these any time.

Man I can't wait to get one of these puppies. Been using a regular old egyptian since I started smoking hookah about a year ago and just haven't gotten a phunnel but now I will be embarking on an epic journey as soon as I get this!!!

QUOTE (Cerberus @ Oct 20 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man I can't wait to get one of these puppies. Been using a regular old egyptian since I started smoking hookah about a year ago and just haven't gotten a phunnel but now I will be embarking on an epic journey as soon as I get this!!!

You honestly should get a small phunnel now!

QUOTE (ToncSTAR @ Oct 21 2008, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey IV, i havent read on the updates yet, but if you werent planning on shipping with the box, would you pack mines in a box if i was willing to pay for the extra cost?

looks like the box is the way we're probably going to make it work! The shipping shouldnt be very much if it's under a lb., which is possible, shipping will be 4.80, and if slightly heavier it shouldn't be too much more, we shall see

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Oct 21 2008, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey IV, i havent read on the updates yet, but if you werent planning on shipping with the box, would you pack mines in a box if i was willing to pay for the extra cost?

looks like the box is the way we're probably going to make it work! The shipping shouldnt be very much if it's under a lb., which is possible, shipping will be 4.80, and if slightly heavier it shouldn't be too much more, we shall see

How do I go about ordering a mini phunnel?

Unfortunately neu they are all accounted for as we are having a small run custom made for us by Tangiers. Perhaps there will be another run sometime? Sorry dude

QUOTE (neu318 @ Oct 21 2008, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too late.

QUOTE (rigor @ Oct 21 2008, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Cerberus @ Oct 20 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You honestly should get a small phunnel now!

Yeah I've been really tempted to get one lately, probably be getting one, and a nammor hose as soon as i buy another load of shisha.

QUOTE (neu318 @ Oct 21 2008, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps you should get a small first. Smalls are good enough, you can just recycle whatever shisha is unburned in the bowl. That's what I do. Include it in your next order, you'll be glad you did.