Love Is?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Mar 5 2007, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE ([LB] @ Mar 5 2007, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

love is...

a chemical released in our brains designed to make us wanna reproduce and spread our genetic data!

That's lust, sir ;)

well i can see how he could get confused, i mean they both start with the letter L.....or am i just reaching a bit?

QUOTE (Allia22 @ Mar 6 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE ([LB] @ Mar 5 2007, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

love is...

a chemical released in our brains designed to make us wanna reproduce and spread our genetic data!

That's lust, sir ;)

I guess thats lust, but love would be your mind telliing you that you have found the perfect set of genetics to combine yours with

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Hamilton @ Mar 2 2007, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and finally I sit with the notion that as much as I still enjoy her company and consider her a close friend, the sexuality, the love is all gone, and i don't miss it anymore, at least with the same intensity and rationality behind it. and I realize, with a someone pained expression that I really was in love with an idea, the person matched what the idea was but the person itself only fit the image.

Eh, just have a few beers, you'll be dialing at 2:30 AM, wanting to bend her over the kitchen table...

• 2 weeks later...
I don't cry when my dog runs away.... I don't get angry at the bills I have to pay...
hehe

Anyways…

I don’t really know what love is.. granted… I think I do… but I know I don't.

*shrugs*

• 2 weeks later...
I believe love does exist, but not necessarily for some people. Like myself, I don't know if I've ever actually loved ANYONE at all, and I agree, I enjoy the feeling of being with someone and I guess the infatuation of it all, the newness. For me though, when the newness is gone, I don't feel the same about the relationship anymore. Call me shallow, call me callow, call me whatever you'd like, but until I find someone who can interest me indefinitely, I'm stuck in this cycle :/

I don't believe in only finding one true love, i think there is a possibility of many.

I have been married for 14 years and it has been well both good and bad. My thoughts on love? I thought I was in love until I had kids. Now I know I am in love. It is a love I cannot describe. It trancends feelings, rationality, and any thought process. It is insanely unconditional and wonderful. I didn't want children when I first was married but I had no idea how much they would teach me about true love and life in general.

I reflect back on my past "loves" and I have been in love before. Now that I have what I feel is a good benchmark for what I feel love is I believe that. It was a disfuctional kind of love but love just the same.

What do you do when you're stuck between two choices that both suck?

Le Bleuet and I have been together for 1 1/2 years, and I love him. (Like Lakemonster wrote, I'm willing to go all the way, do whatever I need to do, etc.)

But, he's selfish. Breaks my heart.

If I stay, it's with someone I love but who doesn't really love me back. (Last night we had a talk, and we both committed to put the relationship first %100, to do whatever it takes to make it work. So we go to bed a little early, talk and cuddle, and I want to make love -- and I'm pretty good in the sack, based on feedback. So he has an attractive, redheaded, intelligent, naked woman cuddling and kissing him, and then he tells me he wants to sleep. He has an erection! I gently try to persist, but he refuses! WTF?!?!?!?!?! Am I insane? Is there any way he could be more clear that he's NOT INTO ME?)

If I go, I'm giving up on someone I love. What does love demand of me?

We live together, so nothing will be easy. Edited by LeBleuet&Wench

lol thanks I feel much better now... dry.gif

It would make sense, but I'm pretty sure that's not it. Like many, I don't need to hire someone to snoop -- I can find my own information. (Plus, I'm smarter than he is.)

He's not gay. (In Toronto, one knows these things. Like in San Francisco.)

I suspect it's a fear of commitment, or something else that men seem to hate talking about. Dammit, why can't he understand that if I wanted a pet I would get a dog. I don't want to cage, imprison, or restrict him. I want him to be free.

The kicker is that with that freedom I want him to choose to be with me, and he can't seem to make up his mind. Not because he wants someone else, or because he's specifically looking for a way out. He's just self-centred. He wants the benefits of a relationship without the work. And he's scared of making himself vulnerable. (And with the pain I'm going through right now, I can certainly understand that! This fucking HURTS!)

This is what I get for dating a younger man!

Ah well, time for some shisha...I'm eagerly awaiting an order from MNH. Then I can put my Nakhla deep in the underbelly of my emergency stash where it hopefully will never have to be used. cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
oh its real. and its amazing. when you find that one person you're meant for, there is nothing you won't do for them.

i am so in love. maybe i'm just a sap and a hopeless romantic, but "love is all you need"

• 3 weeks later...
Love might be real. I dunno... I hope to experience it one day. First, and only real girlfriend, told me she had been cheating on me for 6 months. Thats been about 5 years ago. I try and I try to get something started with the opposite sex but nothing doing. Its nice to hear that other people can experience something. It gives me hope.

maternal/paternal love is very much real and you only have to look at the parents who still support their son after its revealed he raped and murdered 10 people.
Love between 2 unrelated people however i think is non-existent and as people have mentioned is conditional.

• 2 weeks later...
Love is being extremely concerned with a person with at least some positive feelings toward them. It can vary in degrees of intensity, and can be healthy or unhealthy for either the lover or the loved depending on circumstances (like whether it's returned, opinions of the loved's relations with others).

It has hormonal aspects and can sometimes obscure logic while at the same time can lead to extreme self assessment and improvement. Again, it varies.

One thing that sucks is trying to fall in love, that's pathetic and doesn't work. You gotta stop worrying about it and if it comes, it comes, and it's better for not being sought. If something conquers you with you trying to dodge it at every step then it's worth something.

• 2 weeks later...
Just don't forget that everything that "exists" in a psychological sense is only a construct. Love is part of that bank. It can be willfully created and destroyed both if one is in control of their thoughts.

Things only have meaning within a context.

-ms.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 5 2007, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought that f-buddies were allmost the soul domain of the married.

What's the point in single people fb's ? That's just two people having random sex?

I can see the benefit for married folk's having a regular safe fb though. (not that i condone such behaviour)

JD

Okay fella.... I hold down three careers. Day gig that takes 10 hours a day, one as a working artist, another as a working writer, and now and then I do studio work as a singer. With my schedule who the heck has time for a serious relationship? The very best friends with fringe benefits situations are just that: FRIENDS. I've learned a lot about love from watching my Siamese cats together. They play, they fight, they get over it, they snuggle up together, they bathe each other, they sleep at opposite ends of the bed at times. My point is that they are totally in touch with themselves. Because animals can't be anything else. They're primal, elemental, grounded. It's when our brains and societies "morals" kick in that things get all messed up. We have expectations, we have deadlines, we don't let it go and let it flow. Love isn't love until you're in it. If we all took care of ourselves (safe sex), and kept our hearts and minds open, some relationships will develop naturally into long-lasting (maybe forever) love. Others will fade on their own with fond memories. Someone may come into my life that's as busy as I am. And somehow our spare time may just always spent together. If so, then it may become a "traditional" relationship. But as a single person who has usually had a friend around now and then, it's not necessary to my life. Your first commitment should always be to yourself. The other who come through your life whether as a friend, lover, or happily ever after love, are the accompaniment to your song - not the composer.