Final Fantasy And Other Rpg's

Apollo

I love Final Fantasy, my favorites are definatly 8 and 10. 8 had the junction system which was just amazing and the gunblade cannot be beat. I was wondering what everyones favorite final fantasy game was and any other RPG's. what you like about them, what you dont like ect...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never played that game, but the artwork remindes me of Gauntlet Legends which my friends and i sat many of hours playing on the N64

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Feb 3 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

man that was a great game. took me forever to beat it the first time and i loved every minute of it. i would have to say my favorite rpg's are from the SNES era.

Final Fantasy 2-3(4 and 6 respectively)
The Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past
Illusion of Gaia
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom
Lufia 2:Rise of the Sinestrels
The 7th Saga
Earthbound
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Super Mario RPG

now there are a few from the newer systems i like

Kingdom Hearts 1and 2
Dragon Quest 8
Final Fantasy X was ok
Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2

i just feel that the older games had better story and gameplay. the problem i see with the newer games is that they put to much into graphics and not enough into story and gameplay.

The entire reason I got into FF was because of Squall! wub.gif Before then the only RPG I'd had experience with was Mario RPG (sweet, sweet game btw). I've since downloaded or bought all the main FF's except XI and XII. And I'll even admit, I liked KotOR >.<

And dude, LoZ: LttP wasn't an RPG... o_O The only Zelda title that even really comes close to an RPG is LoZ 2: Adventure of Link.

I just asked my mom what genre she thought it was. "Super Nintendo! Wait, was it on the 64?" I cleared up the definition of the word genre, and gave her a few options, the first being RPG, and after her first spurt of confusion I got out of her she said "Well, it's definitely not an RPG... Final Fantasy is an RPG, right?" *sigh* Hard to believe she's the one that got me hooked on video games many years ago...

you opened a can of worms with me...I LOVE RPGS!!! heh i love almost every RPG i play in one way or another but all time faves are:

every FF except 11 (i couldnt get into it) espcially FF6 it comes out for gameboy advance on tuesday i cant wait!!!
kingdom hearts 1 (havent played 2)
Breath of fire 1 and 2
Chrono trigger (i got cross off of ebay but havent had a chance 2 dive into it)
Earthbound (ohh please NINTENDO give us a remake for the DS!!!)
super mario RPG
paper mario
secret of mana
illusion of gaia (god this game rocked so hard!)
dragon quest 1 2 and 8
lufia 2 (AMAZING!!!!)
skies of arcadia legends
the tales series

theres a bunch more i cant think of any. too many rpgs so little time i tell ya.

The Elderscrolls Morrowind and Oblivion are up there in my top 5 RPG's. Cant wait for the oblivion expansion, its gunna be tight

i wanna play oblivion but i already have WoW suckin my life even tho oblivion is not an MMORPG. maybe as soon as i beat ff12 that i have been puttin in the backburner since i got my wii.

Best Morrowind,
why Breath taking world, million possiblities and moddable

worst FF9
why boring system, storyline is predictable, stupid man characters, childlike characters, side quest always funner then main quest

Honorable metion ff7
why amazing plot, fun system, cutting edge graphics, many subtle plots.Best Villian of all time. Leaves you wanting a sequal

yeah final fantasy 9 was horrible, my friend loves it though, i thoguht seven was overated and 8 was underated, but oh well. oblivion left out a lot of stuff that made morrowind great. Makes me sad

i loved 9! 7 was good but overrated....sephiroth was nothing more than an emo punk cryin for mommy jenova now that it think about it. he is still kick ass tho.

i cant believe no one has mentioned the Legend of Dragoon. that is my favorite RPG ever. ive beaten it like 4 times.

and right now im playing Final Fantasy 3 on Nintendo DS. its not too bad, but the story line doesnt even come close to the ones on playstation.

my favorite RGP has been earthbound. I also liked xenogears. FF tatics was a really good one and so was ff3 for snes. makes me want to play tactics again. I wish they made a sequal to that. Also forgot to mention breath of fire 2 and 3. Edited by LIQUIDGSR

QUOTE (LIQUIDGSR @ Feb 7 2007, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my favorite RGP has been earthbound. I also liked xenogears. FF tatics was a really good one and so was ff3 for snes. makes me want to play tactics again. I wish they made a sequal to that. Also forgot to mention breath of fire 2 and 3.

I'm just wondering why they named a character 'Poo.' blink.gif

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Feb 8 2007, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, Legend of Dragoon was awesome. Why did George have to die? I think George was his name. The sir guy.

i totally forgot about legend of dragoon! that game was awesome. i love the final dragoon form for the main character. and allia, i always wondered why there was a character named poo in earthbound. never made sense to me.

and no one has mentioned Parasite Eve yet. that was another great game.
plus paladins quest and i thought the game robotrek was pretty kewl also Edited by angemonkwj

QUOTE (The Cameron @ Feb 7 2007, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i cant believe no one has mentioned the Legend of Dragoon. that is my favorite RPG ever. ive beaten it like 4 times.

and right now im playing Final Fantasy 3 on Nintendo DS. its not too bad, but the story line doesnt even come close to the ones on playstation.

i really liked that game, i spent a whole summer playing that once apon a time, and it was lavitz that died, the king took his place. Great game, definatly in my top 10