Final Fantasy And Other Rpg's

Apollo

Hell yes the story on the Legend of Dragoon was the best there ever was they need to bring it back for the PS3 man i'd play that game in a heartbeat again. but ff XII is doing aiight for now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aah, the best genre ever (besides drinking games, perhaps). I don't play many online (never played UO, WoW, EQ, etc.). I don't have my hands on many games atm, but when I get home this summer... Let's just say me and my PS2 are going to be best friends, if my Wii doesn't steal me. Here's some of my favs:

Star Ocean II (=O <33333)
Super Mario RPG (Possibly my first RPG? Just beat it for the first time in... December?)
That Odell Fish Game (Ok, maybe not an RPG, but it had character building >.>)
FFVII (It was the atmosphere of the game, that's the only way I can explain it.)
Earthbound (Probably the best, working on Mother 3 but my sound emulation sucks.)
FFIII (If you hate it, its only because its completely different than VII, and don't deny you want another VII. I'd rather have another FFVIII)
FFX (After beating that, X-2 was actually a fun game, sort of a cool-down =P And I've loved every FF I've tried. I haven't tried MQ.)
Xenosaga (Beat one, working on II which isn't as good, don't have III yet.)
Chrono Trigger (And Cross, which I actually played first.)
Legend of Dragoon (Wasn't really that amazing, but good memories, and not at all bad.)
FFTactics (PSX version, not exactly a pure RPG but still amazing. Need to beat it for bragging rights.)

One series I would try to fit in any genre just to mention it would be Metal Gear Solid

And I feel like I'm missing some REALLY big ones. Oh well, that's what edits are for.

On another note, the only way I'll get a PS3 is a mix of a sale, Metal Gear Solid 4, and a new Final Fantasy (or two). I'd love to have one, and I think a dedicated developer could make all 360 games cry if they wanted to (I dismiss the 360 as a PC with worse graphics and less fun games, made by my least favorite company), but the price and developing difficulties aren't good news for Sony, or us. Nintendo took our advice and said why just build faster machines, we're about entertainment through innovation, and is reaping the profits for it. I'll agree they need some more mature games (I like a break from pastels from time to time), but what they really need is MORE RPGs! ^^

how could i forget final fantasy tactics advance!!! god that game sucked about 100 hours of my life before i finally put it down! but yea i beat so i got braggin rights there Gex hehehe. there are makin a sequal 2 it for ds and remake of the original FFT for PSP. now i havent dived into the original FFT even tho i have it but im def gonna get into it b4the remake comes out and play it again! heck i did that for ff4 when ff4 advance came out. i was at the end bought it the next day and played ALL over again. it doesnt help that its one of my all time faves.

Aah, Pimpito, I beat Advance, the game was a piece of cake in comparison to the original. I thought it was a little too cutesy, though, and I'm even a fan of Nintendo style... No, good old FFT on PSX earns my award of best strategy/rpg, bar none (that I can think of >.>). Now if only I could get a rom of it (I own it! I just don't have it with me T_T).

I never got into FF2/4, due to other games taking my time, but it was good from what I played.

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Feb 9 2007, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did they ever re-make the SNES Final Fantasy (3?) into a port for any other systems?

it came out on the ps a few years ago and it just got released on the gba a few days ago with extra dungeons, espers, and a new translation

yes in fact it just came out earlier this week for gameboy advance ff6 advance! its totally freakin awesomwe OMGJFKSJFKJDFSK sorry i get all giddy thinkin bout the awesomeness of the game.

yea the magitek mechs and crazy ass kefka (my fave all time FF villian) and terra and locke and sabin and awesome cyan and shadow (interceptor rules all!) and i can go on for hours about the gem of a game.

while that was different. it was cool cuz u could really customize the chars to ur liking. unless u were psycho and had everybody learn everything. sumthin i considered lol.

Wow, can't believe Final Fantasy VII isn't getting more votes on here. That was one of the first RPGs I picked up as a kid. Cloud may be the most bad ass hero ever and Sephiroth was a hard ass, plain and simple. FF IX comes in a close second for me though. I loved the story line, and when it came out the graphics were sweet.

sephiroth may be bad ass but cmon man kefka had charm! i loved how maniacal he was and his evil laughter just did it for me...VWEEE HEE HEE ultros is a close 2nd. hehehehe

QUOTE (Drake BBNR @ Feb 10 2007, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, can't believe Final Fantasy VII isn't getting more votes on here. That was one of the first RPGs I picked up as a kid.

You should've tried Earthbound first, you'd have a different outlook on the world =) A lot of people are bigger fans of the SNES RPGs than the newer ones, like FFVII. And most just love it all.

Actually, speaking of RPGs, I'm helping out a wee-bit with one in development, an MMORPG, completely open-source and free, if you want you can check it at playgenesis.com It might take us a couple years to finish if we don't get more developers, but it's all good =) It's pretty unique; no NPCs, each characters storyline formed and constantly updated by his "god's" AI, mating, permanent character death (well, sorta - your character can die, but his soul lives and moves into a new body, such as his son's).

Now I really want to go play some games... dang you guys.

Edt: Oh yeah, Squall is still one of my fav characters. And did anyone ever get Cloud to fight in FFT? Edited by Gex

i friggin love earthbound. i bought it when it came out in the big box with the guide in it, and i still have the guide with the smelly cards in it!!!! i may just put that in the snes tonight when i get home if i dont fell like messing with my laptop.

wow gex the MMORPG sounds so familiar i heard it in my game development class. im gonna have 2 ask my professor about it he is actually fleshing out ideas for an MMORPG with similar context to what you are working on but i cant remember the name of it. ill have 2 ask him 2morrow.

im so stoked!!! i got a copy of illusion of gaia and legend of dragoon again!! had to get them offa ebay, but it's all good. cant wait till they get here so i can immerse myself in some great old school rpgness.

illusion of gaia damn i wish i had my SNES still...heres to its release on virtual console! legend of dragoon im gonna borrow off of my cousin he still has a copy of it he said it was amazing but he never got around to finishing it.

lol thats my plan muah ha ha...naw ill borrow it till i finish. he also has lunar silver star story the original boxed bundle i want to play so bad. one of his old friends was movin away so he gave him a shitload of old psone rpgs. i believe arc the lad collection was one of em too ima have 2 "borrow" them all hahaha