Hookah Etc. Thanks For Having Me On This Forum

Ok, I will, for the next little while, make the first 3 posts by hookahetc. visible. you'll find 3 identical, long posts in 3 different threads. I can also make some of the totally off topic posts he's made visible as well. As mods WE keep a pretty tight reign on people pushing stuff. Tangiers doesnt really push his stuff, mainly because he doesn't directly SELL it. People around here do all the pushing. Mya used to join in hte chats in the old forum and if you post you have a problem with a MYA, Mahmoud will be right there telling you what to do to get it taken care of.

For the record, selling tobacco on ebay is breaking several state and federal laws. feel free to look them up.

My main problem is I've been on the forum close to 2 years. I'm one of the oldest running members and I've seen a whole lot come andd go here. I've seen many hookahetc's in those 2 years, GH,pyh,a few more initials I can't remember, and everyone started out JUST like this and every one of them ended badly without any help from me... ph34r.gif

And selling information on how to get a great price on tobacco from him is yet ANOTHER dishonest dodge. And he said he was done with sales on ebay. He's just taking it one step farther into the grey zone. Notice how that changed in a matter of hours?

As long as he follows the rules here i'll shut up and stand back. Anyone else with a complement or complaint feel free to express them, civilly of course.

You'll find his posts in TRADES.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HookahETC @ Jan 18 2007, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just want to thank everyone for their support...atleast those whom are supporting me.

As far as for the others. I havent pushed my product since I've been on here, so I dont know what the hell you people are talking about. The ONLY reason I have talked about my stuff, is becasue OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM asked about it. Since when is that wrong?

If you guys just read the other topics...I have helped about 28743562876492 people (haha Im exaggerating) but you get the point. I try to read as many topics as I can and answer any questions I can. The only reason Im at the top of all the topics is BECAUSE I GIVE MY TIME UP TO HELP PEOPLE WHO ASK QUESTIONS. That is what this forum is about right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lastely, dont bring up Ebay dudes. It's getting old. If you're gonna hate...hate on me in PM's. By the way...Im going to sell "Informational" auctions on Ebay...

These auctions will provide information on where to purchase Al Amir at a really great price. That way (Mushrat) I am not selling Tobacco on Ebay, Im not selling anything illegal on Ebay, and Im not breaking any rules. Tada!

Thanks again for anyone who supports me!

QUOTE (HookahETC @ Jan 18 2007, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Erica...atleast one of the Mods are being mature about it.

The first post I had I got suspended for...I didnt read the rules I admit my mistake...but when I was allowed back on, I kept to the rules honey.

Thanks again everyone! smile.gif

This is why I have a problem with HookahETC. When people try to complain about him pushing his products, which he did quite a few times (which is against the rules), then having the nerve to criticize the mods for being critical of you... that is messed up. I keep getting a mixed feeling about you, First you were pushing products, so I said something about and it you were like sorry, so I thought cool, but then you did it again and other people say something to you and you get all pissed. I am glad I am not the only person on here that thinks that you are stepping your bounds. I enjoy competition between companies, because that is how we get good prices, but there is a difference between that and just saying BUY THIS, THAT IS WHAT I BUY. Plus bashing other vendors is pretty rude of you, you don't really see tangiers bashing your company, or MYA (one of your distributors bashing your company). All I have to say is you are walking on thin ice, don't go out too far or it might just break. And one last thing, please stop with the "honey" bs, it gets old quick. Edited by JoeLipinski

Joe...READ

I didnt bash MYA or Tangiers...haha, but understand the misunderstanding.

Also, please please please copy and paste where I was pushing my product on someone.
The 3 posts I did that mush is talkin about was a mistake by me, I admit it. The only reason I did it 3 times was because I forgot to mention something (I forget what) The point is...IT WAS A MISTAKE BY ME, I admit that...and I haven't done it sense.

The first day after being suspended...I think I suggested a mod hookah...to a member that was lookin for something black, etc. That was it though. Other than that, I have kept shit in this topic, and this topic only. And AGAIN, I repeat...the only times I have said ANYTHING about my own stuff is when people asked...either on through a post or through PM's. Thats it.

Mush...I said i wasnt going to sell another tub on Ebay again. And I kept that...you show me the law that says I cant provide information about a product. Please...I'd love to see it.

Can we just get over it really? Everyone just chill...I think I might have to write a book on this hahaha laugh.gif
People keep saying Im promoting my product...ok go ahead and look at the last 60-70 posts I have had...did I push my product? Nope. I actually referred people to other websites.

Cant we all just get along? Come on people really...we aren't kids here.

Thanks

Eyy Man..I live in Houston. I'd love to come visit your shop and hang with you...but I do advise...just chill out a bit.. No need to rant man. This is a place to just chill. Ok..we know about your shop now... Now you dont need to talk about it anymore..just become a regular member of this society and you will definately see me at your shop mmk =)

Also, a good, but easy way to promote your site without getting too much flack is by putting your website or some info about your shop such as "HookahETC. provides cheap, reliable hooakahs, if you want to know more just email me at: youremail@yourdomain.com". I am pretty sure smilie has gotten a few sales by doing this.

Thats what I've been doing...and for some reason I still get bitched at? Haha...

Come by and see us anytime!

Do you know where we are loacated at? Just let me know when you wanna come visit and I'll try to be there for you.

Thanks!

QUOTE ([LB] @ Jan 18 2007, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude you have 22 posts how dare you say that about mya. Mya has gotten nothign but THE BEST customer satisfaction all across the boards, they dont push their product, they put one thread up when they have a new product and thats it. Thats bullshit that you would say that, and i hope you redact your statement, because myasaray has followed all the rules and has established itself as a reputable trustworthy company over the years. before you make an accusation like that make sure you know this forum.

LB I've been here for about a year and a half. Way back when the old forum existed. Actually the forum has changed quite a few times since I've registerd. I just hardly ever post. And putting up a thread about a new product is advertising. I have nothing against MYA. I own MYA products and love them. I never said MYA was not a trustworthy company or have broken any rules. Recently though I have noticed quite a few duds but wtv thats another topic. I was making an example of how hookahETC is contributing something to the forum as opposed to just advertising. So yea, learn what the word accusation is before calling me out on doing it. And chill the hell out.

One thing to remember... if it's a good product/service... it'll promote itself. I was fully against MN at first... but gave them a chance and they came through... def one of my top favs right now smile.gif

I don't think the mods would have a prob with you posting a few lines about your company.

Here are a few examples that you will see around the forum from different companies:

MYA
http://www.myasaray.com 40 years in manufacturing quality hookah

Smiley's
www.smileysultimatehookah.com

Social Smoke
Toll Free:800-507-0399
Phone: 972-522-5770
www.socialsmokehookah.com
Hookah Forum Discount 15%: Type in hookahforum in the discount code box during checkout.

Thats all Im really askin for here...is a chance.

Believe me when I say, im here to help the community. If someone wants to come to me about a product of mine...fine, so be it. But this is getting rediculous...Im getting accused of pushin my product when Im not...Im simply just not gonna mention anything about me what-so-ever...but then again...thats what I have been doing, and I got dogged for it.

Anywho...does anyone else live in the houston area??? Im curious to know!

Dude its ok. We know the story. Some people like to jump down vendors throats here sometimes if you're new and don't know the rules or make a few mistakes. A few people have come by with the sole purpose of selling and it got annoying real quickly. Anyway its pretty much over and if I were a mod I would lock this thread and let you start a new one if you wanted to. Its obviously just a shit fest.

QUOTE (HookahETC @ Jan 18 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Joe...READ

I didnt bash MYA or Tangiers...haha, but understand the misunderstanding.

Also, please please please copy and paste where I was pushing my product on someone.
The 3 posts I did that mush is talkin about was a mistake by me, I admit it. The only reason I did it 3 times was because I forgot to mention something (I forget what) The point is...IT WAS A MISTAKE BY ME, I admit that...and I haven't done it sense.

The first day after being suspended...I think I suggested a mod hookah...to a member that was lookin for something black, etc. That was it though. Other than that, I have kept shit in this topic, and this topic only. And AGAIN, I repeat...the only times I have said ANYTHING about my own stuff is when people asked...either on through a post or through PM's. Thats it.

Mush...I said i wasnt going to sell another tub on Ebay again. And I kept that...you show me the law that says I cant provide information about a product. Please...I'd love to see it.

Can we just get over it really? Everyone just chill...I think I might have to write a book on this hahaha laugh.gif
People keep saying Im promoting my product...ok go ahead and look at the last 60-70 posts I have had...did I push my product? Nope. I actually referred people to other websites.

Cant we all just get along? Come on people really...we aren't kids here.

Thanks

Actually, what you said was:
Let s not argue there buddy. My Ebay auctions are done. I wont be doing anymore...

I'm sorry, was that not what you meant? Didn't say anything about tubs. So, I assume you get age verification before sending tobacco to people? Thats a federal law and a law in most states. You paying the proper import and sales taxes on sending tobacco? I'm guessing you have a lisence for selling tobacco products in your state? Better hope some 16 year old doesn't buy from you...could be bad. heck, we have 14 year olds on the forum here, you know who they are? I can show you all osrts of legal stuff...

I'm not your buddy btw, I find that annoying so stop. As I've said, you keep to the rules, I'll stay out of it. Unless of course you claim you didn't say something you said on page 5. Then I'll have to say something.

So keep on digging man.....

I have to say I have never seen moderators that are more tolerant than here. Usually if you repeatedly taunt the mods you'll end up getting zapped. I run my own forum and have 5 mods on it and I don't think any of them would have been as tolerant as the mods here have been.

Ok Here is a little advise from a guy that has been in the position that you have found yourself in. I came to this forum as a guy that did not smoke a hookah and did not have much knowledge on the subject . My intention was to sell a bunch of molasses that was basically dumped on me .. I was met with some of the same hate you now find yourself facing . Here is the thing, the people on this forum hate to be sold too and if they feel like you are trying too hard to push your product they will hate on you to no end .On the other hand if you just put the facts out there let them come to you and make them happy they will spread the word that you are a stand up guy and you will sell your goods here. If every time you respond to someones post in a typical salesmen fashion that kills your credibility you will not make a 6 figure income selling your things on this board, but if you treat the people here with respect and deal with them in a honest fashion you will sell some product .... in short DUDE YOU ARE TRYING TO HARD YOUR SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME HERE YOU SOUND DESPERATE TO SELL AND NO ONE WANTS TO BUY FROM A DESPERATE BUISSMAN !!!! fill a few orders make a few people happy and the rest will fall into place
good luck and hope this helps

Steve

Here is a really good site for a large source of Egyptian Hookahs. They manufacturee their own hookahs. Some of you wholesalers or dealers out there looking for great deals on authentic Egyptians...visit this site:

http://www.egyptian-hookah.com/index.html

They do also have a wholesale section for those who want to order in huge volumes. Just let me remind you, they are based in Egypt, so you will have to deal with shipping, import fees, taxes, cutsoms, etc.

Mush...maybe you can add this to the vendors section? Just incase someone does deal through them?

QUOTE (steve @ Jan 18 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok Here is a little advise from a guy that has been in the position that you have found yourself in. I came to this forum as a guy that did not smoke a hookah and did not have much knowledge on the subject . My intention was to sell a bunch of molasses that was basically dumped on me .. I was met with some of the same hate you now find yourself facing . Here is the thing, the people on this forum hate to be sold too and if they feel like you are trying too hard to push your product they will hate on you to no end .On the other hand if you just put the facts out there let them come to you and make them happy they will spread the word that you are a stand up guy and you will sell your goods here. If every time you respond to someones post in a typical salesmen fashion that kills your credibility you will not make a 6 figure income selling your things on this board, but if you treat the people here with respect and deal with them in a honest fashion you will sell some product .... in short DUDE YOU ARE TRYING TO HARD YOUR SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME HERE YOU SOUND DESPERATE TO SELL AND NO ONE WANTS TO BUY FROM A DESPERATE BUISSMAN !!!! fill a few orders make a few people happy and the rest will fall into place

Steve

This was my same exact feelings, I just didn't really express it the same way as steve. Steve, you have been great to the forum and now people speak for you. Also even thought some of you people don't want to here this, I completely agree with rattler. If someone came on here and said things like "I am glad at least one mod agrees with me" or other things that have been said, you would probably be banned from another site. I know that sounds harsh but it is true. I think people were/are on the edge and we all may have let some fire out, but I think we just need to start over. I hope this kinda cools things down and we can get along. I know we have had many squabbles on the forum, but this is a pretty big one. With that, I just hope everyone can start over with a new slate, and put the past in the past and look at the present and future.

QUOTE (steve @ Jan 18 2007, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steve
Ding Ding Ding Ding....We have a Winner! Steve that was a very intelligant post. Brilliant in fact.