Hookah Etc. Thanks For Having Me On This Forum

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I don't think anybody minds having you on the forum. You seem friendly enough. It's just that it's kind of wierd how you're using this forum to sell your stuff... even if you do manage to confine it to one thread. No matter that I'm skeptical, I agree that it's good to have a choice. It would just be more appropriate if you updated your website or sold on your Ebay store rather than on here. If you did that... and just continued to be helpful on here I don't think anybody would continue to complain. Just an idea.

I don't see a problem with promoting your stuff on here. A lot of companies promote thier goods here. I think its great. More competition the better for the customer. And as opposed to just telling us about their new products*cough*mya*cough* he's actually been helping people out some. Yea ok he might have been pimping out his stuff a little in other threads but at least he gave some advice. And I'm sure he will stop. About the ebay thing i don't see whats so horrible about it. Yea sure he's found a loophole in the system hes not ripping people off by doing it. and its not illegal. So get off your high horses. He's trying to make a buck just like anyone else. Noone here has actually orderd from him as far as I can tell so dont be so quick to judge someone.

Now I don't run a buisness so I'm not gonna sit here and tell you how you should or should not treat your customers like osme people are. I'm sure he will learn that on his own. But if I could just give you HookahETC some advice, it would be to update your website before trying to push product here. Its a annoying having to ask for prices and look at shoty photos. Edited by AinSophAur

I dont mind him promoting his stuff either but it gets a little annoying when I go to the threads and his is always on top, if he keeps adding his "deals" to this thread its pretty much like starting a new thread. Does anyone else feel the same? ( I tried to read through some post of peoples but didnt see anyone addressing this one directly, so it might be a repeat)

My suggestion is to wait till you have a BIG update and post it on here.

//Im not trying to be an ass either happy.gif

I just want to thank everyone for their support...atleast those whom are supporting me.

As far as for the others. I havent pushed my product since I've been on here, so I dont know what the hell you people are talking about. The ONLY reason I have talked about my stuff, is becasue OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM asked about it. Since when is that wrong?

If you guys just read the other topics...I have helped about 28743562876492 people (haha Im exaggerating) but you get the point. I try to read as many topics as I can and answer any questions I can. The only reason Im at the top of all the topics is BECAUSE I GIVE MY TIME UP TO HELP PEOPLE WHO ASK QUESTIONS. That is what this forum is about right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lastely, dont bring up Ebay dudes. It's getting old. If you're gonna hate...hate on me in PM's. By the way...Im going to sell "Informational" auctions on Ebay...

These auctions will provide information on where to purchase Al Amir at a really great price. That way (Mushrat) I am not selling Tobacco on Ebay, Im not selling anything illegal on Ebay, and Im not breaking any rules. Tada!

Thanks again for anyone who supports me!

QUOTE (HookahETC @ Jan 18 2007, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as for the others. I havent pushed my product since I've been on here, so I dont know what the hell you people are talking about. The ONLY reason I have talked about my stuff, is becasue OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM asked about it. Since when is that wrong?
Yep. Enough people seem interested... you've got a good point there. As long as the interest is there I guess there isn't a thing wrong with it.

Well If people are interested in it, that's fine, but I'm pretty sure your first two posts where you trying to sell your product....

So You can't really say that you haven't "pushed" your product...

Your original reason for signing up for this site was to sell...

But anyways....

Let's just drop it.. He's here..

He's not really breaking any of OUR rules...

He has stopped the annoying "Keep posting" haha Which was driving me crazy...

So just let it be!

Good Day.

Thanks Erica...atleast one of the Mods are being mature about it.

The first post I had I got suspended for...I didnt read the rules I admit my mistake...but when I was allowed back on, I kept to the rules honey.

Thanks again everyone! smile.gif

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jan 18 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it me.... or is this place becoming decidedly unfriendly?... I hope it's just me?

JD

I agree Johnny. While I rarely post, I still come and read the forums on a daily basis. Yeah, HookahETC was kind of annoying at first, "Keep on posting" etc etc, but it seems like he's getting the point, and becoming part of the team.

What I think is the crazy thing is that we have companies/people like Mya and Tangiers both freely and easily posting on this forum about their products, and they get a free pass. PLEASE NOTE, my hookah is a QT and I use a funnel bowl, so I'm not yelling at them, just using them as examples, both of their products are top quality. Yet, when some new guy comes on and wants to try and tap such a huge pool of potential customers, Mush comes flying out of nowhere, always dropping references to GH, acting very negatively slamming them for Ebay,and somehow extracting from that they lie in all other aspects of their business! I mean, I like to cheat at video games after I beat them, does that mean I like to cheat at everything else? Of course not!

What I'm trying to say is that Mush, I get the feeling that you like pulling the trigger on people like HookahETC wayyy too quickly and you are wayyy too distrustful of new people to the forum, who just happen to sell things. Chill back man. I guess this trouble is kind of expected when this site is operated by a competitor. That being said, I've only ordered my tobacco from Social Smoke, and I've ordered a good deal.

This board is sweeeet and I love it, I've learned a lot from it. I deeply respect the mods, for they love hookah more than I do, and it is a passion for them, especially Tang/Sonthert who is nothing but class. Just some people chill back, competition is good for us, the customers. And with that, I jump back into the shadows....

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Jan 17 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok then, I buy:

Starbuzz
Al-Fakher
Pharoh's.. (but this isn't as popular)
Layalina

I like washable hoses, funnel bowls, and 3 kings coals. I do like the ceramics you got too.

If I can purchase them cheaper from you than say Mnhookah or Social Smoke, you got a deal.

pharoah's wacko.gif wacko.gif yuck!

QUOTE (AinSophAur @ Jan 18 2007, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see a problem with promoting your stuff on here. A lot of companies promote thier goods here. I think its great. More competition the better for the customer. And as opposed to just telling us about their new products*cough*mya*cough* he's actually been helping people out some. Yea ok he might have been pimping out his stuff a little in other threads but at least he gave some advice. And I'm sure he will stop. About the ebay thing i don't see whats so horrible about it. Yea sure he's found a loophole in the system hes not ripping people off by doing it. and its not illegal. So get off your high horses. He's trying to make a buck just like anyone else. Noone here has actually orderd from him as far as I can tell so dont be so quick to judge someone.

Now I don't run a buisness so I'm not gonna sit here and tell you how you should or should not treat your customers like osme people are. I'm sure he will learn that on his own. But if I could just give you HookahETC some advice, it would be to update your website before trying to push product here. Its a annoying having to ask for prices and look at shoty photos.

Dude you have 22 posts how dare you say that about mya. Mya has gotten nothign but THE BEST customer satisfaction all across the boards, they dont push their product, they put one thread up when they have a new product and thats it. Thats bullshit that you would say that, and i hope you redact your statement, because myasaray has followed all the rules and has established itself as a reputable trustworthy company over the years. before you make an accusation like that make sure you know this forum.

QUOTE (Yoner @ Jan 18 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jan 18 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it me.... or is this place becoming decidedly unfriendly?... I hope it's just me?

JD

I agree Johnny. While I rarely post, I still come and read the forums on a daily basis. Yeah, HookahETC was kind of annoying at first, "Keep on posting" etc etc, but it seems like he's getting the point, and becoming part of the team.

What I think is the crazy thing is that we have companies/people like Mya and Tangiers both freely and easily posting on this forum about their products, and they get a free pass. PLEASE NOTE, my hookah is a QT and I use a funnel bowl, so I'm not yelling at them, just using them as examples, both of their products are top quality. Yet, when some new guy comes on and wants to try and tap such a huge pool of potential customers, Mush comes flying out of nowhere, always dropping references to GH, acting very negatively slamming them for Ebay,and somehow extracting from that they lie in all other aspects of their business! I mean, I like to cheat at video games after I beat them, does that mean I like to cheat at everything else? Of course not!

What I'm trying to say is that Mush, I get the feeling that you like pulling the trigger on people like HookahETC wayyy too quickly and you are wayyy too distrustful of new people to the forum, who just happen to sell things. Chill back man. I guess this trouble is kind of expected when this site is operated by a competitor. That being said, I've only ordered my tobacco from Social Smoke, and I've ordered a good deal.

This board is sweeeet and I love it, I've learned a lot from it. I deeply respect the mods, for they love hookah more than I do, and it is a passion for them, especially Tang/Sonthert who is nothing but class. Just some people chill back, competition is good for us, the customers. And with that, I jump back into the shadows....

and how dare you say that tangiers is freely pushing his product, he has contributed more to this forum than you will ever. He doesent get a 'free pass' its just people other than himself supporting his product. When someone complains and says they dont like tangiers he doesent post negatively in response, or when someone says they love tangiers i never hear him say 'lemme sell you some more' so hold your tongue

[/quote]

and how dare you say that tangiers is freely pushing his product, he has contributed more to this forum than you will ever. He doesent get a 'free pass' its just people other than himself supporting his product. When someone complains and says they dont like tangiers he doesent post negatively in response, or when someone says they love tangiers i never hear him say 'lemme sell you some more' so hold your tongue
[/quote]

Woah...

1. I've never even attempted to contribute to this forum, nor made it seem that way. I love hookahs, and I enjoy this forum.
2. In regards to Tangiers' response, I guess that's just the difference between him and HookahETC...
3. How dare I say that? What, is Tangiers the Jesus Christ of Hookah? (I mean, it may be possible, he's good like that...) While I do not doubt how much he's done for this forum, that doesn't mean that I have to speak about him in reverent tones. He's a man, he puts on his pants one leg at a time (then goes out and makes sweeet bowls and tobacco, or gold records, depends on how you look at it).
4. I'm not saying that HookahETC should have complete ability to promote himself. Mya and Tangiers are established and respected reps of Hookah. No debate. So maybe I should ammend my comment to "When HookahETC has established himself as a genuine member of this community, and when he doesn't get a bit emotional in his defenses (its true), and updates his website, then people should not give him a hard time." Tangiers has put in the work, so he deserves it. My correction, and my apologies (especially to Tangiers, we had early differences regarding worldly affairs, but I've never doubted your quality).
5. LB, chill.

I guess I'm gonna start being a bit more active on this board.

QUOTE (AinSophAur @ Jan 18 2007, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with yoner. Mush you need to chill out man. Also you dont need to make a thread everytime someone is banned or probated.

That's been discussed before, and it was agreed upon that really that'd be best to have a public record so people don't try to turn it saying it's the mods fault.

And MYA hasn't contributed WAY more than you obviously realize. Just because they don't post 20 times a day doesn't mean they haven't posted stuff before and havn't proven themselves

I had a long diatribe ready to type up about all this...... but I think it would just add to an polarization.

I will ask the board this:

Has this guy screwed a forum member yet?

A word of wisdom to HookahETC:

NEVER screw a forum member.

This is a pretty tough room. I think most of us have been at least one of the following: cheated, misinformed, shorted, overcharged, bait-and-switched, bu!!sh!tted by some hookah vendor out there at one time or another.

Makes you trigger happy and gunshy at the same time.

Its trial by fire with new vendors here. You are sitting in the crucible.